Mexican Restaurants

OK I know El Jardin, and am wanting to try some new places, but kinda scared, as I am not even sure what the signs say...and unfortunately, half of my opinion is based on the margaritas...so what are some on the places I should try???

OK I know El Jardin, and am wanting to try some new places, but kinda scared, as I am not even sure what the signs say...and unfortunately, half of my opinion is based on the margaritas...so what are some on the places I should try???

I didn't get the memo on El Jardin, what is the story on that one?

I have not tried Taqueria Del Sol right there on Park Place, but that place is always packed and I have heard good things about it. I still think the best margaritas are at Spanish Village on Almeda. They're real ones, not sweet tasting glorified lemon-lime daquiris (sp?) like you get most places.

and am wanting to try some new places, but kinda scared
Scared? Scared of what? Of getting poor quality? Contaminated food?

If it is quality, the only way is to try it and see. If it is a health issue - well, I don't worry about the small stuff. Shoot, before fajitas became famous, the best taco I had up to then was from a street vendor in Tiajuana. It may have been dog, or cat, or monkey; I don't know. But it was damned good whatever it was!

That what don't kill you can only make you stronger.

Scared? Scared of what? Of getting poor quality? Contaminated food?

If it is quality, the only way is to try it and see. If it is a health issue - well, I don't worry about the small stuff. Shoot, before fajitas became famous, the best taco I had up to then was from a street vendor in Tiajuana. It may have been dog, or cat, or monkey; I don't know. But it was damned good whatever it was!

That what don't kill you can only make you stronger.

Amen to the Tijuana "Taco Bell" tacos.

I had my fill of those 3 for a dollar tacos from taco vendors about 15 years ago. Never once got sick, and they were delicious...cilantro, onion and "beef" on corn tortillas.

I also got a huge kick out of seeing 15 streetside vendors in a row, each with their handmade sign that said "Taco Bell". :lol:

I don't fear any food...I figure the worst I can get is a stomachache for a day or so...and that passes soon enough (pun intended). :blink:

Cala Ole is a sham, it is too Americanized.

All-you-can-shove down your throat until you have to unbutton your pants-Fajitas for $10.99. ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME ! I never lived close enough to one to bother to drive there, but I am now gonna be just a hop,skip,and a jump away on Hwy.6. I plan to make them retire that little promotion after a couple of trips there.

Rancho Grande Mexican Restaurants

2207 N Frazier St Conroe TX 77303 ...........................936.441.0440

30134 Tomball Pkwy Tomball TX 77375 .....................281.351.1244

100 Liberty St Richmond TX 77469 ............................281.344.0886

1726 Red Bluff Rd Pasadena TX 77506...................... 713.473.5330

I have eaten at a lot of Mexican restaurants and Rancho Grande by far is my favorite. The service and quality of the food is way beyond expectation. I have been a frequent visitor for three years now and never once have I had a bad experience or felt unsatisfied leaving. It has a cozy atmosphere that you don't find at places like Pappasitos. The price of the food is incredible for the amount and quality that you receive and the friendliness of the wait staff. I really enjoy that the management takes the time to walk around visit the tables to make sure that everyone is pleased. We love the service all around, everyone is so friendly. The food is always hot and fresh. The queso is our favorite, as soon as we sit down we order the queso. It served with ground beef and jalapanos. I like to mix the queso with the fresh salsa, and put it over a plate of hot chips. That is some good stuff. I my self likes the Chile Reyenos, stuffed with mexican cheese and shrimp. When I go for lunch I get the Chicken Flautas, they are soooooo good. The margaritas are a little strong, so watch out. They have a kick to them. I have been to all of them except Pasadena. Try the flan, wow it is a perfect dessert to have after you have finished your dinner. It is not too sweet, it is great. Rancho Grande is an awsome place to take your family for lunch after church, or go for a fast lunch on your lunch hour, or just to go and take your date for some great mexican food. We love it and I know that you will too, take my word for it.

All-you-can-shove down your throat until you have to unbutton your pants-Fajitas for $10.99. ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME ! I never lived close enough to one to bother to drive there, but I am now gonna be just a hop,skip,and a jump away on Hwy.6. I plan to make them retire that little promotion after a couple of trips there.

That aint that good of a deal, and it is not good to ever eat at a place where portion control is limitless, that is why people get cancer and heart problems because they over do their caloric intake as a result of getting fat.

More power too you then.

I was meaning on the east side...Wayside/Navigation area..Tapatia on Richmond is actually my fave restraunt...all day happy hour Wed and Mojito night is Thurs. Actually looking for places closer to home...Tia Marias in Baytown, hands down, has the strongest margaritas I have ever had.

That aint that good of a deal, and it is not good to ever eat at a place where portion control is limitless, that is why people get cancer and heart problems because they over do their caloric intake as a result of getting fat.

More power too you then.

WHAT ! If you over eat you'll get fat ? Oh C'mon Puma, you are pulling my leg chief. Quit lying. <_< Besides, I have the metabolism of a hummingbird, no worries.

More power too you then.

Can you quote a source on that? Or are you just throwing cancer in there for fun? I have never heard of anyone getting cancer from getting fat. Lots of other things, but never cancer.

BTW, doesn't a person get fat as a result of overdoing caloric intake, as opposed to the other way around?

Can you quote a source on that? Or are you just throwing cancer in there for fun? I have never heard of anyone getting cancer from getting fat. Lots of other things, but never cancer.

BTW, doesn't a person get fat as a result of overdoing caloric intake, as opposed to the other way around?

Just google fat cancer calorie and diet

Here is an example

Q:What should I eat: high-fat, low-fat or fat-free?

A:Eating a high-fat diet has been linked to increased risk for heart disease, cancer and excess weight gain. To address these issues, a fat-free craze picked up momentum in the 1990s.

WHAT ! If you over eat you'll get fat ? Oh C'mon Puma, you are pulling my leg chief. Quit lying. <_< Besides, I have the metabolism of a hummingbird, no worries.

See above, I don't lie, and niether to my hips, as Shakira so proudly said this week!

TZ200703024015684.jpg

More power too you then.

Who are you? The resident thread-crapper? All you do is crap on people's threads.

I think people go to taco milagro to stand around and look cute...the food isnt worth crap....I dont really care about atmosphere (god I hate that word) I will pick La Tapatia over Hugos any day. What about Connies seafood on Wayside?? It looks like a store? I get a little intimidated when all of the sign is in Spanish..

Archived