METRORail North Line

Trae

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Does this have to do with the concrete supports that they are putting up in that area?

I didn't think it would be necessary, but I guess it does.

Sure would love to know the reasoning behind it. Not second guessing, but just like to know the details of how and why, even though it will be seen after its completed.

I present to you, elevated LRT at UofH downtown:

2011-05-29_19-09-51_37.jpg?t=1306730820

closer up

2011-05-29_19-09-58_674.jpg?t=1306730853

2011-05-29_19-10-06_657.jpg?t=1306730886

2011-05-29_19-10-11_280.jpg?t=1306730902

2011-05-29_19-10-15_358.jpg?t=1306730934

2011-05-29_19-10-19_944.jpg?t=1306730955

...and this is looking back from the other side of the tunnel

2011-05-29_19-10-51_576.jpg?t=1306730988

this is the rest of Main going north.. as you can see, most of it is shutdown

2011-05-29_19-10-57_572.jpg?t=1306731018

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, this is probably for cars only right? The rail will probably be placed in the tunnel..maybe?

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, this is probably for cars only right? The rail will probably be placed in the tunnel..maybe?

From what I've seen, the elevated portion is for the LRT with an elevated burnett station. I forgot why they dismissed a tunnel option for it.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen, the elevated portion is for the LRT with an elevated burnett station. I forgot why they dismissed a tunnel option for it.

Apparently, there was a crane accident over at Hogan @ N. Main that had to do with the rail construction. Ch. 13 is showing some shots of the overturned crane. I wonder if someone didn't add enough weight to the counterbalance.

Wondering when the Anti metro people will jump on this.

• 1 month later...

I took this with my spiffy new camera and thought I'd share this with you you guys. I did it for each line.

For the sake of sanity, I sped it up a tad and decided not to add a sound track for safe office viewing. :)

I took this with my spiffy new camera and thought I'd share this with you you guys. I did it for each line.

For the sake of sanity, I sped it up a tad and decided not to add a sound track for safe office viewing. :)

Oh come on.. ya could have at least added the "chica chica chica" of the train and the occasional steam engine whistle for our auditory pleasure.

Just kidding.. good job.

• 3 weeks later...

so how the heck are UHD students supposed to get to class?

You never click on the source links do you.

There is an answer to your question.. but I'm not going to cater to your laziness. Click the link. Hell, you don't even have to read, your answer can be found in the pretty picture.

I just realized, if I'm going to do a Current red line video, I need to get on it, I guess this sunday is vid day again.

So....should I use the filter again, go south-north, or north-south?

Initially, I just wanted to do it during a busy day to show how often the train would pass me. On a slow sunday, I think I would beat the rail.

• 4 months later...

I drove along the north line after checking out Radical Eats (vegan Mexican food) and it was looking really good. I'm amazed at how much progress there has been.

Here are a couple poor quality car window photos I took:

img1577e.jpg

img1575ps.jpg

img1574pj.jpg

img1573f.jpg

• 2 months later...

Had some time on friday, so I went by the Light rail construction of the bridge modifications at the UHDT section.

This is looking over the computer fence looking north.

th_DSC07879.jpg

This is the view from directly below the the bridge to the road leading towards main street. So to speak.

th_DSC07882.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When this line is operational will the trains run the entire length of this line and the main street line, or will I have to transfer to another train at the UH Downtown stop? If they run the full length will the time between trains increase? Just wondering...

When this line is operational will the trains run the entire length of this line and the main street line, or will I have to transfer to another train at the UH Downtown stop? If they run the full length will the time between trains increase? Just wondering...

They will run the full length. No transfer required. Time between trains will not increase.

Archived