relax its preseason...i agree though i think dom capers needs to be a little more aggressive...that 4 down series on the one yard line was pathetic...i think during the regular season we will mix it up more than running four straight HB dives...get a full back in or something...i think our team is getting better still and we should definitely be on the upside of .500 this year

Fans are more into preseason then ever now, as I've read it two or three months ago on NFL.com. You have to take it personality, cause what they do in the preseason going to follow in the regular season.

I really don't know about the playoffs, its a toss up. I would say next year when they get rid off Dom Capers, and get a better coach to take his spot, cause Caper's I think he's not cuttin it.

Go get Dallas Coach, Bill somebody. Now that's a coach. If he was here, the Texans would be a playoffs contenders, and maybe Super Bowl. That's a damn good coach they got at Dallas.

I think the Texans will do well this year. Preseason is just a practice game to let the coaches see the contenders and to get the team used to working in a game environment.

I moved from Houston before the Oilers left, but I do follow the Texans, and if I ever get to move back to Houston I will go to some games if I can. Living in Colorado, I can tell you, the Broncos are a religion here, and have earned the reputation as a good team. Yesterday's game was fun to watch, but has no bearing on the regular season.

whats the matter semipro? your not going to comment when we win one? the first team offense looked good this week with their opening drive TD and all the defenses really dug in and shut down the raiders the second half...and kris brown looked good as ever w/ his four FG's two of which were over 45 yards

Oh I'm sorry. I was so busy that I couldn't comment on the Texans first preseason win. I'm proud of my Texans. The first team drove down the field, and finally punches in for the touchdown, great thinking by David Carr.

One problem I have is the defense. The defense kinda looked sloppy. The Raiders run the ball down their throats, and the secondary not to good either.

They still need work on their defense, but for the offense, they're coming along pretty will.

We shall see the first season game against Bufflao.

I thought the defense held it together pretty well especially in the second half with all the guys playin for a spot...offensively i like our running backs...morency looks like a great grab at this point but the WR position is still a very hard decision at this point...only johnson and bradford are locks and we have a lot of talent vying for the spot...hopefully whoever makes the cut can really step up and help take some attention off johnson

The Texans don't have a lot of good offensive line depth but I'm hoping that moving Riley to the starting LT spot will prove to be a better move for the offense long term. Wand just doesn't have the footwork to play the outside. He might make it as a guard, though.

Also, the secondary didn't look good Saturday night either, but it was mostly Demarcus Faggins, who was beat on two touchdown passes, one of which he should've intercepted. The first team defense didn't rush the passer very well either, but I think some of that is because the zone we tried to play wasn't very effective and give Collins a lot of quick spots to hit.

Offensively, I really like the way our first team has looked all pre-season, and I agree that Morency is good looking back. He may make Jonathan Wells expendable (either he or Hollings).

Sloan Thomas looked good at WR also. I hope he can make the team but I doubt it; a lot of depth at the 2-4 spots.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but I have to say this. The Texans SUCKS! Their looking horriable against Tampa Bay, and that's the Texans first team offense and defense. And for David Carr? Jesus! Please, stop cutting your hair, cause I think you lose your stength when you cut it.

Please don't say this is preseason, cause whatever they do in the preseason will follow in the regular season.

For real, I don't see the Texans winning a game the way they been looking the pass 2-3 weeks. The first two games I predict 0-2 during bye week, then they come back facing the Bengals, and the Bengals are no pushover.

The Texans have along season ahead of them. Alot of fans will be unpleasant after this season is over.

I also tend to agree that preseason is not the best indicator, but they did look awful tonight. Offensive starters were still in late in the second quarter with a grand total of 4 passing yards. Defense looked apathetic. I know its not a real game, but some things are an indicator of the real thing, and not being able to stop Chris Simms is not the best sign of things to come. No pass rush at all. I can understand losing preseason games because you are trying new things and I can understand playing the bench, but this late in preseason you shouldn't look this bad. Not to mention even if it is the bench, some of these guys are playing for their jobs, so it gives you an idea as to how the depth is. My prediction is the Texans finishing third in the division behind Indy and Jacksonville. Preseason predictions are usually worth about a nickel at the end of the season.

I agree, hokieone. Texans will finish third in their division. The Texans pose to look like an playoff team, instead they look like an expansion team all over again. David Carr threw two interceptions, same as he did in Dallas.

My prediction of this season is the Texans will not be in the postseason. They will fire the head coach and some of the offensive staff, and bring in a new offensive staff to take the Texans in their first postseason. Moreover, the new head coach will look more into David Carr. If they see that he can not lead he's team to a playoff spot, they will bring in another vertern quarterback to take Carr's spot.

It will take a new head coach to take the Texans to their first postseason. Dom Caper's and company? No. Not a shot. I can't even see they reaching the .500 mark this season. Looks like they falling back instead of moving foward.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that was a suck fest yesterday. I know, just one game. But there was not one part of the game that went well for the Texans. About the only thing to say at all positive was keeping Buffalo out of the end zone early in the game. I'm still at a loss as to how Chris Palmer has a job. Run out of Cleveland for sucking as a head coach, hired here as an offensive coordinator. Now has a 4th year offense going backward in terms of progress.

new season, same problem, no protection for Carr, no receivers besides Andre Johnson. Don't understand why they think things will just get better without making personnel changes on the offensive line.

I think you might ought to consider that maybe Carr bites, too.  QB rating was a whopping 12.  Glad I didn't watch the game.  I was watching my new favorite tam, the Saints.

Red I'm once again in aggreement with you. David Carr is overrated, he doesn't make wise decisions, and yes even when he's got the time to throw. Another thing that drives me crazy with Carr is the fact that he has very little touch on his passes. As a guy who played split end in high school through my senior year, I hated playing with quarterbacks who through the ball hard when a nice touch was required. A nice touch not just to catch the ball but to increase the rythem of the run after the catch.

I don't think Carr is inept but I do think he needs a much better QB coach. As far as Palmer is concerned, I don't know one person who thinks he's competant enough to run the Texans offense let alone any NFL team.

Someone kidnap Tom Brady and bring him to Houston.

Next time y'all will listen to me. What they done in preseason, will follow in regular season.

I predict that the Texans will be 0-2 during bye week, and coming back in the 4th week playing the Bengals, they will lose that also, with the record 0-3.

The Texans will fall back this year instead of going forward.

Overall record for 2005 season 6-10 or 7-9, and say bye bye to Dom Capers and staff after this season. Next season, David Carr's job will be pending on the new head coach.

Saints gonna fall too. The Saints always look good in the first half of the season, then drop down doing the second half.

So far, I hate to say this, but, the Cowboys look damn good. We're find out what can they do against the Redskins on Monday night.

Ah, yes. The Irving Cowboys [soon to be the Arlington Cowboys]..."America's Team"... :lol:

B)

Saints gonna fall too. The Saints always look good in the first half of the season, then drop down doing the second half.

So far, I hate to say this, but, the Cowboys look damn good. We're find out what can they do against the Redskins on Monday night.

I didn't say they won't crater. I just said I'm rooting for them.

I'm just glad I sold my season Texans tickets. I wonder if the buyer feels ripped off for paying full price? :lol:

Last week I had 4 tickets to the Texans game, and stupidly left them lying on the seat of the car while I ran in Home Depot. While I was in there, someone must have broken into the car, because there were 8 tickets on the seat when I got back.

Last week I had 4 tickets to the Texans game, and stupidly left them lying on the seat of the car while I ran in Home Depot. While I was in there, someone must have broken into the car, because there were 8 tickets on the seat when I got back.

:lol:RedScare, why did you break into Heights2Bastrop's car? Mighty generous!:lol:

:lol: RedScare, why did you break into Heights2Bastrop's car? Mighty generous! :lol: