Multifamily High-Rise On Westheimer Rd.

Urbannizer

11 minutes ago, bookey23 said:

Interesting. Does anyone have a guess at where this project could land?

Looks like it could be the located next to the Regency House, 2701 Westheimer, or the Cabochon at 2828 Bammel.

The site layout supports it, and I see a faint of blue on the ghosted building next to it. Lines up with the Cabochon?

eKZZsUn.png

I found a "Captiva Westheimer LLC", registered in NJ. I can't find any local address info.

https://www.bizapedia.com/nj/captiva-westheimer-llc.html

Captiva Westheimer LLC is a New Jersey Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed on June 13, 2022. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 450824833.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Ryszard Osika and is located at 299 Market St Suite 220, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663. The company's mailing address is 299 Market St Suite 220, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663.

The company has 1 contact on record. The contact is Ryszard Osika from Saddle Brook NJ.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 12:43 PM, Urbannizer said:

BuildPro removed Captiva Westheimer from its website. It's possible the removal could be due to developers' desires to keep this under wraps for now. Who knows.

Still, are you certain the rendering linked is for Captiva Westheimer? A reverse image search reveals the rendering is for Sonnet, a multi-family apartment in Washington D.C.

https://www.greystar.com/properties/washington-dc/sonnet-apartments

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/renderings_reveal_market-rate_component_of_new_15th_and_u_apartments/12126

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

5 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Still, are you certain the rendering linked is for Captiva Westheimer? A reverse image search reveals the rendering is for Sonnet, a multi-family apartment in Washington D.C.

I can't say what's happening in this situation, but I have seen numerous times in the past where a development in its very early planning stages will have rendering that is from another building.

I'm not sure if this is always driven by the architect, or the developer, but in at least one instance I know of, it was the sales department that needed a picture of anything of a similar scale to get people interested, and asked the architect for a picture of any building it had done with a similar number of floors.

I imagine the same thing can be done at the behest of a developer trying to drum up support from potential investors.

I remember one developer actually had an enormous cake made to look like a promised residential tower for a sales office grand opening, and the finished product wasn't anything like the cake.  Not even the same number of setbacks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, editor said:

I can't say what's happening in this situation, but I have seen numerous times in the past where a development in its very early planning stages will have rendering that is from another building.

I'm not sure if this is always driven by the architect, or the developer, but in at least one instance I know of, it was the sales department that needed a picture of anything of a similar scale to get people interested, and asked the architect for a picture of any building it had done with a similar number of floors.

I imagine the same thing can be done at the behest of a developer trying to drum up support from potential investors.

I remember one developer actually had an enormous cake made to look like a promised residential tower for a sales office grand opening, and the finished product wasn't anything like the cake.  Not even the same number of setbacks.

From architectural designers perspective, on the road to licensure, if the architect allows it then yes. This is because even with large development companies the "instruments of service" are the sole property of the Architect. If the development company knows they are going to do a project of similar type they could certainly ask the architect for permission to use materials from another project that they have done. At the office I work at now we have been using a template from one project for another the last few projects but that is only possible because we own the IP. I'm sure that's also in this case. If they took down the photo that might mean either the project is canceled, or they have signed a new contract with the Architect to actually develop the real project, and the architect wishes to have the prior images taken down as their original purpose is no longer required.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:01 AM, editor said:

On 12/3/2022 at 1:50 PM, Luminare said:

From architectural designers perspective, on the road to licensure, if the architect allows it then yes. This is because even with large development companies the "instruments of service" are the sole property of the Architect. If the development company knows they are going to do a project of similar type they could certainly ask the architect for permission to use materials from another project that they have done. At the office I work at now we have been using a template from one project for another the last few projects but that is only possible because we own the IP. I'm sure that's also in this case. If they took down the photo that might mean either the project is canceled, or they have signed a new contract with the Architect to actually develop the real project, and the architect wishes to have the prior images taken down as their original purpose is no longer required.

Thanks as always for your insight. 

• The title was changed to Multifamily High-Rise On Westheimer Rd.