editor

I am sure that after a 18 hour shift they aren't gonna want to have to trudge down to 610 and Westhiemer to enjoy a good meal, or treat themselves to a new Prada bag, they can drive 5 minutes and get it at La Centerra.

You dont think perhaps that these DOCTORS might want to get some rest after that 18 hour shift? "I have just put in 18 frickin' hours in this hellhole facility, Get me to the nearest place where i can find a NEW prada bag...STAT!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
"Trae backs up into the corner."

:(

You might be able to come out into the light some...the rep at the leasing company said she couldn't divulge the possible tenants because they are still in negotiations, but that the ones they are dealing with are "house hold" names and that we wouldn't be disappointed. We'll see....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

JV Pencils May Start for $80M Second Phase

By Amy Wolff Sorter

hou_23501cincoranch.jpg

LaCenterra(For more retail coverage, click GlobeSt.com/RETAIL and the multifamily market, click here.)

KATY, TX-With its first retail phase 60% preleased, Vista Equities Group and its Denver-based partner, Amstar Group, will break ground on an $80-million second phase for LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch. In May, work will start on 160,000 sf of retail and 230 residential units, all planned for completion in fall 2008.

The development partners are in the process of wrapping up work on the $60-million first phase for LaCenterra, where 170,000 sf of retail and 90,000 sf of office space is delivering at 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd. The 34-acre, 700,000-sf development got under way in late January 2006.

http://www.globest.com/news/838_838/houston/152721-1.html

JV Pencils May Start for $80M Second Phase

By Amy Wolff Sorter

hou_23501cincoranch.jpg

LaCenterra(For more retail coverage, click GlobeSt.com/RETAIL and the multifamily market, click here.)

KATY, TX-With its first retail phase 60% preleased, Vista Equities Group and its Denver-based partner, Amstar Group, will break ground on an $80-million second phase for LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch. In May, work will start on 160,000 sf of retail and 230 residential units, all planned for completion in fall 2008.

The development partners are in the process of wrapping up work on the $60-million first phase for LaCenterra, where 170,000 sf of retail and 90,000 sf of office space is delivering at 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd. The 34-acre, 700,000-sf development got under way in late January 2006.

http://www.globest.com/news/838_838/houston/152721-1.html

Thanks for the link. This is great news! It looks like the retail space will almost double. I wonder what additional shops are planned...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By now most of us know what La Centerra has or is going to have in phase one, but I just found out this afternoon what they have planned for phase two. None of this is set in stone yet and very subject to change, but the proposed tenant list is:

Rocky Mountain Chocolate

Chipotle

James Avery

Swoozies

Ann Taylor

Sigrid Olsen

Lucy

Buckle

PacSun

Delia's

Cinco Day Spa

Fossil

Williams- Sonoma

DSW

Bananna Republic

Petite Sophisticate

The Children's Place

There is also supposed to be 3 different 5000 square foot stand alone restaurants and what they are labeling as a 38K square ft "specialty grocery"

Also it looks like the other restaurant across from Perry's Steakhouse in Phase 1 that is looking into moving in is Chuy's

By now most of us know what La Centerra has or is going to have in phase one, but I just found out this afternoon what they have planned for phase two. None of this is set in stone yet and very subject to change, but the proposed tenant list is:

Rocky Mountain Chocolate

Chipotle

James Avery

Swoozies

Ann Taylor

Sigrid Olsen

Lucy

Buckle

PacSun

Delia's

Cinco Day Spa

Fossil

Williams- Sonoma

DSW

Bananna Republic

Petite Sophisticate

The Children's Place

There is also supposed to be 3 different 5000 square foot stand alone restaurants and what they are labeling as a 38K square ft "specialty grocery"

Also it looks like the other restaurant across from Perry's Steakhouse in Phase 1 that is looking into moving in is Chuy's

The proposed list of tenants looks great. I would LOVE to have a Williams-Sonoma nearby. The clothing shops would be great additions as well. You haven't heard anything about a Harold Powell opening have you? It would seem to fit well with the other retail.

That is also great news about the Chuy's and additional restaurants. It looks like Katy's dining options are really starting to expand. Any word on what the specialty grocery will be?

The proposed list of tenants looks great. I would LOVE to have a Williams-Sonoma nearby. The clothing shops would be great additions as well. You haven't heard anything about a Harold Powell opening have you? It would seem to fit well with the other retail.

That is also great news about the Chuy's and additional restaurants. It looks like Katy's dining options are really starting to expand. Any word on what the specialty grocery will be?

not yet,but if I find out I'll "spill it" .

And I'd not get too excited yet. most of those are tentative or what the developer is calling "proposed" there are different steps in the process. They are:

Available

Prospect

LOI being Negotiated

Lease being finalized

Leased

All these names I mentioned are at the "prospect" level, so they are very tentative. I just wanted to get everyone an idea of what type of retailers that La Centerra is looking at.

I would love to see Chuys go in. Hope they can come to some type of agreement.

When looking at the map I saw of the possible tennants. they were color coded. Perry's was in blue with denoted lease in progress. Chuy's was denoted in pink which shows LOI under negotiation. from The look of the order of the colors on the legend, is seems that Perry's was/is farther along than Chuy's in the lease process. So it is all together possible that the Perry's deal fell through, much the same as Carabba's did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...