Retail And Office At 1512 Center St.

CrockpotandGravel

51 minutes ago, crock said:

can't believe they really threw all of us into the heights (i realize this battle was fought and lost a year+ ago, but its still infuriating) 

I’m happy this is included in heights forum as opposed to another place.

Washington Corridor really should have been its own forum. There's enough development, it contains multiple neighborhoods, and it really isn't the Heights. Even the sliver along Heights Boulevard that historically was part of the Heights isn't really anymore.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Texasota said:

Washington Corridor really should have been its own forum. There's enough development, it contains multiple neighborhoods, and it really isn't the Heights. Even the sliver along Heights Boulevard that historically was part of the Heights isn't really anymore.

What do you have in mind for the boundaries?

super neighborhood 22 / washington corridor would be the right way, yea.  first ward + 6th ward + west end + rice military + memorial park.   Theres half a dozen current threads that should be there instead of "heights".  

4 minutes ago, editor said:

That was the intent of the Fifth Ward section I made recently.

wouldn't that be *West* of 59? 

Near Northside is technically 5th Ward now, but originally was apart of 1st Ward. They ended up slicing up some of 1st and some of 2nd Wards to create 5th. See map below. I think the Near Northside will continue to feel like a different neighborhood than 5th ward.

The reason why I think Washington Corridor makes sense included in the Heights is because the neighborhoods share much history with the Heights. Age of original homes, connectivity of trails - bridges - roads, shopping, ect. I live in Old Sixth Ward which is a historic district. There are other historic districts such as Germantown, Woodland Heights, Heights E / W / S, Magnolia Grove's new historic district (South of Washington, between Shepard and Heights) , Norhill, and Freeland. I like discouraging the division freeways make if at all possible.

A Bibliography of Houston – Everyday Geopolitics Houston

image.png.0ed6a1ca2a808da8c84578d343d5398f.png

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 6:01 PM, Texasota said:

And a GOOF (Garden Oaks Oak Forest) forum too. The forum could also include Independence Heights, Acres Home, and other neighborhoods in that area.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 2:10 PM, editor said:

That was the intent of the Fifth Ward section I made recently.

I don't think Fifth Ward should really cover Near Northside. They have very different developments going on. 

Super Neighborhood 51 covers most of Near Northside and Super Neighborhood 22 covers most of Washington. 

Anyway, here's the new addition, viewed from downtown. 

20220728_143309.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 9:22 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Others have asked for a forum for the Washington Corridor and Rice Military area for a few years. I'm guessing their requests were ignored since there isn't a forum for that particular area.

Not ignored.  Just haven't bubbled up to the top of the list yet.

I've got to get through the list of fundamental problems with HAIF first, before I can start on the cosmetic issues.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 5:21 PM, editor said:

Not ignored.  Just haven't bubbled up to the top of the list yet.

I've got to get through the list of fundamental problems with HAIF first, before I can start on the cosmetic issues.

The heights tag works for me. But I speak for myself.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Photos of 1512 Center St from leasing materials.

I do not know how recent these are. December 2022 is the listed date for the latest leasing materials.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1512-Center-St-Houston-TX/19255883/

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/1O2BMQhQuX023AZ2Y5KtQaChCd6qMNtxqkSmP50h4cE/1512CenterbrochureDec2022.pdf

VXNBya8.jpg

EYJVgCM.jpg

1512 Center St site plan from updated leasing materials.

The site plan was updated June 2022, according to the brochure. However, December 2022 is the listed date for the latest leasing materials.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1512-Center-St-Houston-TX/19255883/

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/1O2BMQhQuX023AZ2Y5KtQaChCd6qMNtxqkSmP50h4cE/1512CenterbrochureDec2022.pdf

Aji49Ys.jpg

Building 4 &5 - Level 2

eLcX2Ul.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...