Mixed-Use Multifamily At 3520 Center St.

skooljunkie

Now I'm not so sure if this lot is from the Washington Ave repaving job or from the Houston Endowment project. I originally thought the repaving job cause I saw new and old asphalt and lots of sewer and catch basins but the fact there is so much dirt makes me think Houston Endowment. I wish I could have asked someone. I also avoid going down that portion of Washington Ave cause they have it down to one lane. Can anyone confirm if they are removing a lot of dirt from Washington Ave?

TD5j4IM.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, hindesky said:

Now I'm not so sure if this lot is from the Washington Ave repaving job or from the Houston Endowment project. I originally thought the repaving job cause I saw new and old asphalt and lots of sewer and catch basins but the fact there is so much dirt makes me think Houston Endowment. I wish I could have asked someone. I also avoid going down that portion of Washington Ave cause they have it down to one lane. Can anyone confirm if they are removing a lot of dirt from Washington Ave?

TD5j4IM.jpg

It’s just really weird.  They are piling it high and mixing lime in it.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

It’s just really weird.  They are piling it high and mixing lime in it.  

Probably going to reuse it. I also saw the large 18 wheeler type dump trucks being loaded out. Not sure if they were loading the lime filled dirt or just taking elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Mixed-Use Multifamily At 3520 Center St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It will be interesting to see the fight that Portman has with the residents on 114 Heights to reclaim the alley that they have fenced in and claimed for their backyards.   

there is an alley there that looks to be developed into access to underground parking and parking spots.  The residents don’t own the alley.  It’s a public right of way.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...