I give it a B. I'm glad we traded away Batum.

Morey is a genius.

I just read up on Green from a couple of nba draft websites. I think we're really gonna like this kid. I love LOVE Dorsey. He's a beast.

I wonder what we'll the rest of the summer...?

Is it time for a new thread for the new season?

I've seen this talked about a few times in different articles...

Morley added that Greene will probably struggle to crack the veteran rotation in Houston next season.

I think that's a good strategy by Morey. Usually GMs and coaches talk about them fitting in the system and getting the most out of them blah blah blah...I like this b/c it's the truth and hopefully it'll make Greene determined.

• 1 month later...

What the heeze?!! When I saw a new post in this thread, I knew something was up. Rocket talk in July??

I don't know what to think. I really like Artest, but I was starting to get excited about Greene.

Wow, very mixed feelings on this one.

Depending on Artests contract situation, yeah, this could be a steal.

edit: Why didn't Fagen give Artests contract situation? Did I miss it? Stupid!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...kn/5914062.html

edit2: "For the Rockets, even the short-term of Artest's contract (with one season worth $7.4 million left before he becomes a free agent) is a good thing." Am I dumb or is that wordy? Don't answer that. Just one season and possibly two first rounders? Granted you never really know what you're getting out of a drafted player, that's a lot to give up in my eyes for one year. That is unless we win the championship.

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/07/ron_ron...kets_picku.html

Edited by lockmat

I mean, he was involved in the biggest fight in modern day American history (Brawl at the Palace 2004), but he didn't start it. He tried to stay away from it and was laying on a table when a fan through beer on him. That's when hell broke loose.

He still has that fire in him, but he wants to play for Rick Adelman (Rockets coach). He had his best days under him.

I mean, he was involved in the biggest fight in modern day American history (Brawl at the Palace 2004), but he didn't start it. He tried to stay away from it and was laying on a table when a fan through beer on him. That's when hell broke loose.

He still has that fire in him, but he wants to play for Rick Adelman (Rockets coach). He had his best days under him.

I like this deal. We all know the Rockets need a leader, someone with passion, someone aggressive. I think Artest can be that guy. Let T-Mac slide back out of the leadership role and focus on his game. Let Artest be vocal. I really like this move.

The Rockets essentially acquired Artest for a bowl of grits. I mean, Green could turn out to be a good player and the future first rounder might be a decent player, but Artest is a legit 20 point per game player who can defend and add toughness. Plus, he likes to drive to the basket, something the Rox desperately needs during crunch time.

I could see if the Rockets gave up a lot but they essentially bought a bottle of Glenlivet for the cost of a 12-oz can of Coke.

This worries me just a little bit. Hopefully I'm just misunderstanding it?

"I'm still not the type of guy to do all the right things. That's not my culture. I was raised different, but that doesn't mean I'm not a good person. I might do different things. I might say I don't want to be a King or that my teammates aren't playing hard, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. I might have had the [incident] in Detroit, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be traded."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3510261

Edited by lockmat

• 1 month later...

I am a T-Mac supporter to the end but I don't see the point of him basically telling us that he is going to get injured AGAIN at some point this season. I guess most Rocket fans already felt it was inevitable but if you are trying to keep the hopes of the city in full swing, would you really tell the press that and put the concern/doubt out there?

Maybe they should just rotate T-Mac and Yao in/out of the line-up throughout the regular season to keep them rested and feeling fresh for the playoffs...

22-game win streaks are fun... but they would be more fun if they happened when it counts (the playoffs).

I will always remember the 22 game winning streak! It was such an awesome atmosphere and was really exciting to be a part of.

The Lakers should really be our only competition this year. The Mavs are declining and made a bad move by firing Avery, buh buy Mavs. The Spurs are declining, lost Brent Barry to us, all their guys are older, and Manu is injured. The Suns are declining, Shaq is slow and they lost a good coach. We just have to worry about New Orleans and the Jazz. I think the Jazz are a rung below. The Hornets might cause problems though.

Go Rockets! It's Time!

ron artest is going to be such a huge gain on the court this season

if carl landry stays can you imagine having ron artest, shane battier, yao ming, carl landry and chuck hayes all in the line up and rotation for an outstanding defense. i cant wait to see the rotation scheme that coach rick adelmen will create.

i agree with prohouston. lakers, jazz and hornets will be our most difficult opponents in the west this season

Artest is going to take a lot of the load off of McGrady and Yao this season, so we can rest those two up more. I have a feeling that Dorsey will have a Landry-type rookie season, and Landry will pick up from where he left off. We are VERY deep at the 4 position with Scola/Landry/Dorsey and Artest plays the 4 a lot as well. We have so many lineups that we can do this year, too. I can't wait.

Artest is going to take a lot of the load off of McGrady and Yao this season, so we can rest those two up more. I have a feeling that Dorsey will have a Landry-type rookie season, and Landry will pick up from where he left off. We are VERY deep at the 4 position with Scola/Landry/Dorsey and Artest plays the 4 a lot as well. We have so many lineups that we can do this year, too. I can't wait.

We seriously need to find a good backup center. Deke might not come back.