How Bout Them Stros....?

Houstonian in Iraq

Thanks, Houstonian.

You know, I still don't get the whole National League/American League thing.

Also, how can some cities have two teams in the same sport? For example: Chicago's White Sox & Cubs, NY's Mets & Yankees, L.A.'s Clippers & Lakers. What are the chances of Houston getting two professional teams in the same sport? I can't see it with football because our football blows, but what about the NBA or MLB?

The reason why L.A. can support 2 teams is simple, almost every major hollywood star or past star has a season ticket to the Lakers, and they are always sold out because the seats that are left are sold to people wanting to see the stars. Where as the Clippers have just never gotten any huge talent, and if you just want to go see a basketball game, well, you could probably put on a pair of Chuck Taylor's and sit down on the bench with the rest of the team, you might even get to play a couple of minutes. That's how many people go see them. :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That game was awesome. I am kind of jealous because my brother got Astros tickets with his dad and me and my mom were stuck going to the Texans game. We were very dissappointed, we left early like a lot of others. I kind of feel sorry for them.

But I am glad I didnt have to go to the game for almost 6 hours though.

GO STROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if, IF, the 'Stros didn't win it, I wanna see another team's curse go away and see the White Sox take this one.

But if the 'Stros make it to the World Series, screw plane ticket costs. I'll fly down there just for that Series. Wouldn't miss that for anything in the world!!!

I wonder how much first-class costs...

That game was awesome. I am kind of jealous because my brother got Astros tickets with his dad and me and my mom were stuck going to the Texans game. We were very dissappointed, we left early like a lot of others. I kind of feel sorry for them.

But I am glad I didnt have to go to the game for almost 6 hours though.

I heard the biggest cheers at the Texans game came when the Astros' final score came on the screen. :D

Those Texans, good grief.

I'll go as far as to say that yesterdays game is in the top 5 in baseball history. I can't believe these guys have made it this far. There playing with many AA and AAA players (Except pitching) and are somehow figuring out a way to win. I've never seen a team with such guts and heart.

I think if they keep there mindset where it has been over the last few months, and they actually hit when Clemens is on the mound, they have a decent chance of beating the Cards.

I can tell you that they have made a fan out this California boy.

GO STROS!!!

quite a game indeed.

i got a great panoramic of MMP while waiting for Burke to end it. there are also some shots of the jumbotron showing the longest game record and ausmus and burke homeruns.

my girlfriend was at the Texans game and she said a lot of people were listening to Milo on the radio and updating her section on the game. they got "let's go astros" going pretty loud.

I heard the biggest cheers at the Texans game came when the Astros' final score came on the screen. :D

Those Texans, good grief.

lol, yeah I was still there when the Astros score came up when it was 6-5 and everyone started cheering for the Stros. And I even heard the chant for the Astros. Also outside of the stadium everyone was going crazy for the Astros

Cool pic Skwatra, I wonder if I saw you on TV because you sat pretty close where Burke hit the homerun didnt you?

I was at the Texans game when they were down over 14 points with 5 minutes left in the game. Titans were 1st and goal on the 5 yard line and then you hear "Let's Go Astros".

It was great, at least we had something to cheer for. I wound up watching the end of the Astros game at a tailgate party.

That's actually sad. You can imagine how they must feel.

Do you really feel that sad for overpaid athletes playing really bad football? I feel worse for everyone who paid big bucks to GO to that parody of a football game.

High school kids who have a bad game, yes, I feel for them. Professionals? When someone feels bad when I do a bad job of lawyering, then I'll feel bad for the Texans. <_<

Do you really feel that sad for overpaid athletes playing really bad football? I feel worse for everyone who paid big bucks to GO to that parody of a football game.

High school kids who have a bad game, yes, I feel for them. Professionals? When someone feels bad when I do a bad job of lawyering, then I'll feel bad for the Texans. <_<

Thank you for a voice of reason. Overpaid atheletes can afford to buy sympathy. So until I get my Texan's check, I'm not going to feel sorry for them.

Cool pic Skwatra, I wonder if I saw you on TV because you sat pretty close where Burke hit the homerun didnt you?

i was actually on the railing next to the conoco pump. some people around us got phone calls from people who saw them on tv.

the berkman and burke homeruns were to the right of me, but the ausmus homerun was right below my feet, i actually leaned over and saw it hit the wall!

:lol: Look at this! a LAWYER is complaining about somebody ELSE getting overpaid!! :lol:

GO OVERPAID 'STROS!!! (RedScare, you still kick ass, yo!)

Pessimist in me: "Ah, these guys are leadin us down the primrose path only to get disappointed once again"

Optimist in me: "They remind me of the '88 Dodgers". Could Bagwell be our Kirk Gibson?

Statistician in me: "Well, after having been in the playoffs so many times they're bound to make it to the series eventually."

Archived