How Bout Them Stros....?

Houstonian in Iraq

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think I can bring myself to watch tonight. I'm going to record it and if the Astros win, I'll go back and savor the moments. The moments when the Cardinals are sure they're going to clinch it and then their hopes are smashed. Oh yeah, oooh yeeeah. It's our time. It has to go our way.

LMAO!!! Sorry but sounds a little funny the way you are saying that b/c we had that happen to us on Tuesday. We were SO SURE it was ours and the Cardinals snatched it away.

Oooh I wish you could have heard the song that KILT -I think KILT made up for the Astros and Cardinals..went something along the lines of...

Bees Buzz and Birds sh**,

We are sure to get a hit.

(Oh man I Wish I could remember it! It was hilarious!)

As Yogi said, "It's like deja-vu all over again" with this series. Here's a flashback to the same topic one year ago.

Then, we had won the last game at home to make it 3-2 and see where that got us. This time, hopefully, the reserve scenario will play out as a mirror image, meaning we lost going into St. Louis and will leave as champs.

As Yogi said, "It's like deja-vu all over again" with this series. Here's a flashback to the same topic one year ago.

Then, we had won the last game at home to make it 3-2 and see where that got us. This time, hopefully, the reserve scenario will play out as a mirror image, meaning we lost going into St. Louis and will leave as champs.

Even the reverse scenario of last year would be good. ;):D<_<

LMAO!!! Sorry but sounds a little funny the way you are saying that b/c we had that happen to us on Tuesday. We were SO SURE it was ours and the Cardinals snatched it away.

I know. That's why I said that and that's why I'm having hostile feelings. Especially after going on message boards and reading comments from Cardinals fans saying how they loved the looks on the faces of the Astros fans when whatshisface hit that homerun in the 9th inning just as Astros fans are thisclose to celebrating. We can't go down like that. Like I said, something's got to give. After that huge blow and this prolonged agony, there's got to be something bigger and better waiting for us tonight or tomorrow.

St. Louis is a pee-pee soaked heck hole. I used to travel there all time for work.

Going to dinner was an exercies in futility.

Baked ravioli and orange roughy?

Oy vey!

i can attest to that, i lived there for 4 years and was glad to be out.

they do have good fans (for the cards and blues only, but those teams have been pretty good the last 20 years so that's expected), i'll give them that. but that's about it.

I was just on the Dallas Morning News website and they actually have a poll on the front page asking Dallas residents if they're happy for Houston. So I registered (it's free) and put my two cents in.

The results at the moment:

89.79% 343 votes YES

10.21% 39 votes NO

You can also read the comments.

What is the point of this survey, anyway?

dallasnews.com

Yep, them Astros are some lucky s.o.b.'s, ain't they? :D

Hey, a win is a win. I don't remember anyone in Houston claiming to have been cheated Monday. We took it in stride and looked forward to last night.

It's sad to see St. Louis writers trying to blame away their woes.

Bye bye birdies!!!!! Hello 'Stros. World Series. From El Paso to Dallas to Houston, the lone star state is alive and well for MLB.

I saw the funniest thing on channel 13 last night. I was flippin between news casts after the game. Tim Melvin(sports reporter) is doing a live feed from Busch, and some dejected Cards fan , obviously young and drunk, decide to make trouble. Tim Melvin and some other camera support crew are trying to block them out of the shot, and one of the old men helpin Tim out starts getting into a shoving match with one of the punks at least 40 years his junior. Tim steps in and then some other Astros fans see what's all the commotion, and start coming over. It was classic. The young drunk is yellin' obscenities, Tim is tellin them to move along, then Channel 13 cuts to something else, then comes back to Tim and the crew, and now the young drunk is all apologetic, and now is hoping that the Stros win the World Series ! Hilarious. :lol::lol::lol:

Archived