Pleak

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really all identical LOL

Not sure why that's funny. If you paid any attention to the plots of property being utilized you might notice that there is very limited space. The four phases were specifically planned to utilize the land that Mac Haik owns and have been planned for a number of years.

• 2 months later...

It will be much sooner than initially planned. Don't have a date, but it's coming. There is still some figuring on where the used cars will be housed. Probably Houston auto direct which is on the east bound side of I-10.

The Chron is reporting that Technip has leased the whole building. Wonder how quickly they'll move forward with building 4.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2013/04/energy-company-fills-up-another-office-building-in-west-houston/?cmpid=businesshcat

It will be much sooner than initially planned. Don't have a date, but it's coming. There is still some figuring on where the used cars will be housed. Probably Houston auto direct which is on the east bound side of I-10.

ya that should be the only thing stopping them from breaking ground... the market there is on fire. many of the new projects already have lead tenants.

I'll have to count again, but I know there's at least eight office construction projects on I-10 between Katy and Memorial City. There's one point in the Energy Corridor where you can see six construction cranes from the freeway.

Mac Haik had all cars moved to Houston auto direct and to it's Chevy dealership across the freeway. Word has it that they will be driving/digging piles in the next two weeks for the next 17 story Energy tower.

Mac Haik had all cars moved to Houston auto direct and to it's Chevy dealership across the freeway. Word has it that they will be driving/digging piles in the next two weeks for the next 17 story Energy tower.

Well that was quick! 

Yeah thats what im guessing. its crazy how the building start at mason road now.

It actually even goes further out than that. Memorial Hermann recently announced that they were going to expand their campus West of Grand Parkway and Katy Ranch Crossing is supposed to add office development to the retail that is currently being built just east of Katy Mills Mall.

I'll try to take some pictures this week just to give everyone an idea of the number of projects that are going up right now from Memorial City west on I-10.

The Chronicle is reporting that ConocoPhillips has leased all of Energy Center 3 and half of Energy Center 4 on the other side of the freeway. EC3 has only just started and EC4 hasn't broken ground yet.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2013/05/report-conocophillips-to-lease-new-building/?cmpid=businesshcat

Not sure if we have a thread for those.

This is insane. I imagine redevelopment of some of the ghetto apartment buildings along briar forest might be a safe investment these days. Not everyone working for Conoco or technip has a family in Katy

I'll have to count again, but I know there's at least eight office construction projects on I-10 between Katy and Memorial City. There's one point in the Energy Corridor where you can see six construction cranes from the freeway.

Drove from downtown to Katy tonight and these are the medium to major construction projects that I counted starting around Memorial City:

1. 14-story Murphy building at Bunker Hill (outside work looks to be complete, the blue neon is up around the top. I wouldn't be surprised if a 4th tower went up on this property... this one looks kind of out of place at the moment but a mirrored twin across the way like the two behind it would bring the whole lot together very nicely)

2. Shops in front of Memorial Hermann at Gessner SW corner (couldn't remember the name, these look to be just about finished as well)

3. City Center IV office building at BW8

4. Apartment complex at Wilcrest NE corner (thought this might be another office building after a 7-ish level parking garage went up first, but it looks to be a midrise apartment complex. No thread that I've seen on here)

5. Energy Tower III

6. Twin 12-story towers at Dairy Ashford NE corner

7. Energy Center III at Eldridge SW corner

8. BP campus 3-4 story building (with hideous tan plastic siding... no thread either but can anyone who has seen this explain why they would do this? It looks SO bad)

9. 8-story (I think) sister to the Ensco building at Highway 6 SW corner (this one will be taller than the first I believe)

10. Office park at Westgreen NE corner with two large 4-story buildings and possibly others behind them, not sure what company or the name of the complex (next to Mustang and Wood Group)

11. New crane up at Methodist or Texas Children's (I would guess Methodist Professional Building 2)

12. SE corner at Greenhouse (not sure what's happening here, was originally planned to be a 8-10 story building but it looks much smaller, I can't really tell from the highway what it is)

13. Midrise apartment complex between Fry and Westgreen on the north side behind new Longhorn Steakhouse (hasn't begun construction yet, but land has been cleared and there is equipment on site)

14. Mason Creek Corporate office park (looks to be built in stages, with some buildings further away from I-10 currently going up. Also Carmax going up next door is unimportant but takes up a lot of space) 

15. I-10/99 interchange construction

There are many other smaller things going up slightly away from I-10, but I couldn't count all of those.

And off the top of my head, future projects planned for the same area:

1. NW corner of Gessner tower (possibly 30+ stories)

2. Additional buildings around City Centre, north or south of I-10

3. Energy Tower IV

4. 2 buildings at Shell between Dairy Ashford and Eldridge

5. Energy Center IV

6. MD Anderson hospital between Eldridge and Highway 6 (north of I-10)

7. Memorial Hermann Katy expansion

I'm sure I'm forgetting several here, but this is just to give an idea of how much construction is happening or planned to happen in this area.

This is insane. I imagine redevelopment of some of the ghetto apartment buildings along briar forest might be a safe investment these days. Not everyone working for Conoco or technip has a family in Katy

There has been a fair amount of development of apartments and small retail on Eldridge south of I10 down to and including Westheimer in recent years. Just west of Eldridge and Westheimer, Kikerillo has just broken ground on a mixed townhouse and sfh development.

Archived