Your predictions for 2011

editor

It's time for the annual HAIF predictions thread.

Here's the one from 2009: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/index.php?showtopic=18664

Here's the one from 2010:

My predictions for 2011:

1. The real estate market will remain in the crapper.
  2. One or more Kardashian will end up under arrest.
  3. There will be a significant shift in the world on online television streaming: CBS will join either Hulu or AppleTV, or both; or NBC will finally make its shows available for rental on AppleTV.
  4. Google will dump another significant product, like it did with Wave.
  5. Sarah Palin's 15 minutes of fame will finally end.

What are your predictions for the coming year? Make five before January 1, 2011.

Need some inspiration, you can follow this optional format:

1. Celebrity death prediction
  2. Political prediction
  3. Economic prediction
  4. Technology prediction
  5. Earthquake/terrorist attack prediction

1. Despite concerns over the Fed's treasury debt monetization, inflation will not exceed 4%.

2. Deficit spending will continue unabated.

3. Republicans will blame Democrats for blocking measures that would help the economy.

4. Democrats will blame Democrats for blocking measures that would help the economy.

5. Nothing of consequence will occur in North Korea.

6. I will be threatened with a lawsuit over dissolution of a business partnership. Attempts at mediation will be unsuccessful, however nothing substantive will occur as a consequence.

1. Texans will make it to the Super Bowl :)

2. Census results for Houston will be lower than expected

3. Regent Square and Oaks District will break ground

4. Houston will be directly hit with a Cat 4 hurricane

5. Haiti's woes will continue with another major event

1. Real estate will stay in the crapper.

2. Obama's approval ratings will sink below Bush's lowest marks

3. Nancy Pelosi will continue having plastic surgery or increase botox

4. We will have a very wet spring

5. Agriculutral subsidies will be cut

6. Class warfare will intensify as the divide between haves and have nots grows deeper

7. Extremist liberals (communists) will gain even more ground in the democratic party...eventually in 2012 becoming the majority in the democratic party

8. The media will love the new liberal party.

9. Despite all the BS revolving around climate change - the sun will rise & set, and the climate will remain unchanged by human activity

10. Gore will make a second Billion defrauding everyone about the end of the world.

11. A third political party will get more than 10% of a vote.

11. A third political party will get more than 10% of a vote.

In what election?

Marksmu, you have the capability to engage in substantive debate as you have demonstrated in the Heights Wal-Mart thread. I liked that marksmu. But this guy, which makes predictions without metrics by way of which their success could be gauged--this guy, who bloviates thoughtlessly--I don't like him.

In what election?

Marksmu, you have the capability to engage in substantive debate as you have demonstrated in the Heights Wal-Mart thread. I liked that marksmu. But this guy, which makes predictions without metrics by way of which their success could be gauged--this guy, who bloviates thoughtlessly--I don't like him.

Just no need for serious thought here....these are just predictions..I guess I should have said a third party will gain political momentum....

1. The European debt situation will gradually fade away as financial markets eventually turn their attention elsewhere. The end result will be greater and more formalised coordination of EU member state fiscal policies.

2. Despite dire warnings in the financial press, the euro will not break up.

3. The American economy will continue to grow, albeit somewhat slowly, and the unemployment rate should be declining by year-end.

4. It will be one of the warmest years on record, although perhaps not to the degree of 2010.

5. Increasing reports of internal unrest in China.

6. Commodity prices will continue to be very strong, especially coal and oil. Power and fuel prices will increase accordingly.

7. EUR/USD trades down to 1.25.

8. The UK coalition government remains just sufficiently popular to remain in place.

• 1 year later...

1. The European debt situation will gradually fade away as financial markets eventually turn their attention elsewhere. The end result will be greater and more formalised coordination of EU member state fiscal policies.

2. Despite dire warnings in the financial press, the euro will not break up.

3. The American economy will continue to grow, albeit somewhat slowly, and the unemployment rate should be declining by year-end.

4. It will be one of the warmest years on record, although perhaps not to the degree of 2010.

5. Increasing reports of internal unrest in China.

6. Commodity prices will continue to be very strong, especially coal and oil. Power and fuel prices will increase accordingly.

7. EUR/USD trades down to 1.25.

8. The UK coalition government remains just sufficiently popular to remain in place.

How'd I do?

1. No on the first part, yes on the second.

2. Yes!

3. Yes!

4. Yes!

5. Yes!

6. Wrong..

7. Wrong..

8. Yes!

Not bad, if I say so myself. :)

Archived