What are your pets' names?

memebag

This is the Heights. We did not adopt them. They adopted us.

We gave them generic names because we did not think they would stay around. In December, it will be 3 years. Several Rx food refills and Gulf Coast visits later....

This is Spot...

IMG_0093.jpg

and this is Fido...

IMG_1624.jpg

Kitties are so amusing.

Over the years we had canaries, parrots and even a pet shark (not like jaws but the smaller version)

We always called the birds what else? Polly

Had a cute puppy that grew up quick but was our fav pet as kids, brown & white fuzzy Butch.

Another past feline was named Spatz and Jade (she had the most beautiful turquoise eyes) :P

My Pugs are "Sonny & Cher".

They are brother and sister and I adopted them from the Albuquerque Animal shelter in 2002. They were already named...

I also have a cat named Sunny that I adopted in 1997. It gets confusing at dinner time with a Sonny and a Sunny in the house..

Looks like Sonny & Cher need to go on a diet...

Looks like Sonny & Cher need to go on a diet...

LOL.. Not at all..The camera adds pounds.. Sonny weighs 23lbs and Cher is 24lbs.. Pretty average. I keep them below 25 so I don't have to change the Heartguard.. I have a friend with a Pug named Dexter that weighs 40lbs!..

Our cats have about 20 names each, but the most commonly used are:

Mr. Stinky, aka Sweetest

Buffers, aka Detective Hamer

Polly, aka Jihad

Mary (I dunno, the kiddo named her. Everything was named Mary for a while, including this kitty.)

The best cats ever were Guns & Roses, who lived with us for 14 & 17 years, respectively. They were strays living under my grandmother's house. When their mother got hit by a car, we took them in. We couldn't have wanted for better cats :wub:

Cats:

Bucky ( Is your Bucky also plump and waddle rather than walk like mine?)

Badger

No, Bucky is sort of medium, but he is really squatty. Low to the ground and sort of sway-backed. Bless his heart, he's still very aggressive with the food bowl, so he gets to live outside, on the porch. I had a cat named Badger in college! A big old stray, gray tomcat.

Ok - here goes.

Cats - Simba

Two Tall

Dogs - Bouncer

Scarlett

Simba and Two Tall are tabby cats.

Bouncer is a lab. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He doesn't know where the drawer is. He's not sure where the kitchen is, either.

Scartlett lives to jump on Bouncer.

Simba looks like he is on his last leg. He has looked that way since we got him in 1995.

He has outlived two other cats.

Two Tall is big, beautiful, and the kennel lost him in the storm. They found him - long story.

Three dogs:

Togo

Pituka

Diva (but pronounced Dee-bah)

Togo reminds me of a very popular food chain in Southern Cal call Togo's :)

Just remembered we used to have a white bunny called Hambula? All I remember is when it pissed on the kitchen floor linoleum the urine burned the linoleum like battery acid. Very bizarre :mellow:

and the turds always made us kids think of the Cocoa for coco puffs cereal that was very popular at the time. Look just like em... yeppers.

I have an older 8 lb min pin named Spike--it's a female dog--her registered name is Red Spiked Heel. She's not too bright and since she's become older, we usually refer to her as the "feeble one".

We have a chocolate lab named Ginger. Most of the time we call her Spaz because her eyes are always dilated and she can't sit still. We also call her "the special needs dog" due to her allergies that make her bite and scratch all her hair out and causes us to have to special order food for her.

We adopted a male black lab named Gus--we call him Goosey or Gustov--depending on how he's acting. He doesn't like it when the other dogs touch him so he has issues as well.

My hubby likes to call it the land of misfit dogs--we couldn't give 'em away if we wanted to--the stinky furballs all have some sort of problem.

• 2 months later...

tiger - mutt who went to pound after he bit me for trying to grab his bowl (i was 5)

babbette - mini poodle dad ran over when leaving for a christmas vacation to indiana (7)

duffy (flash mcduff) - sheltie who had white lightening flash of white on between his eyes. died of heartworms. (10)

maybelle - pet raccoon who became too much to handle. eventually taken to national forest in huntsville to be enjoyed by park rangers. (16)

reagan - rescue cat i eventually gave to friends. (24)

zane - rescue weimer who became my best pal for awhile. had to put him to sleep due to twisted stomach. (36)

blue - current rescue weimer. my sweet pea. more spoiled than any other pet i've owned. i can't imagine life without her.

darn, was that TMI?

We have a chocolate lab named Ginger. Most of the time we call her Spaz because her eyes are always dilated and she can't sit still. We also call her "the special needs dog" due to her allergies that make her bite and scratch all her hair out and causes us to have to special order food for her

We have a yellow lab, named Ginger, aka Gingee, bad dog, good dog, good girl...depending, of course, on what she is doing at the time. She's 95+ lbs, a big-boned gal.

I had a friend in High School who named her cats after the Peanuts characters. There were quite a few of them, too. Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, PigPen, Schroeder, Sally, Peppermint Patty... :lol: .

I currently have 6 cats, 2 inside and 4 outside. All of them born here or just appeared.

The 2 kittens inside were most likely dropped off here by someone and I placed them with HPPL so I am the foster home. But I am totally in love with them and secretly want to keep them. They are Tammy, nickname: Buttercup, and Toby, nickname: Meatball. I also call them Sweetness and Wildness. I take them to Petco every Sat. for adoption day.

Outside I have Jackie, born on my patio to a feral mom I called Mitzi. Her nickname was Little Jack Panda because I thought she was a male at first. Also had her littermates for awhile: Trixie, who I gave to a neighbor, and Twinkie, like the pale yellow snack cake, who was found killed by a dog.

Then there is Buster, who "busted in" on the feral mom and kittens staying on my patio and started staying here instead of next door where he started out. He just showed up there one day and that neighbor was good enough to have him fixed. He is very attached to me and very insecure around strangers and noises.

Then there is Kiki, Jackie's older sister, who started out being called Freckles because of her spotted nose. She was my first baby and will still occasionally sit on my lap. And recently another one showed up here, probably about 3 yrs. old and I call her Cookie as in "one tough cookie". She holds her own as the new kid in the yard and one of her eyes is damaged from some previous encounter. Thankfully all are fixed and I'm hoping no more show up. Its been a real experience for me as a person who didn't even like cats about 3 years ago before all this started.

Archived