Klein Cain High School At 10201 Spring Cypress Rd.

Chris

Name for Klein High School #5  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should Klein ISD name High School #5

• Klein Pines
    • Klein Woods
    • Klein West
    • Klein Coves
    • Klein Ranch
    • Klein Lakes
    • Klein Vintage
    • Klein Cypress
    • Klein Willows
    • Klein Springs
    • Klein Farms
    • Klein Trails
    • Klein Kohrville
    • Let future Students named it
    • Klein Glen
    • Klein Klink
    • Don't Build it

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about naming it after David Hooks (the namesake of Hooks Airport)?

EDIT: Pineda Pm'ed me stating that Hooks Airport will become property of the city of Tomball, and therefore would not be an appropriate namesake.

Edited by VicMan

How about naming it after David Hooks (the namesake of Hooks Airport)?

EDIT: Pineda Pm'ed me stating that Hooks Airport will become property of the city of Tomball, and therefore would not be an appropriate namesake.

Hooks Airport has nothing to do with Klein ISD though.

Where is it to be located?

The school is to be located on an 124 acre site on Spring Cypress Rd. just east of HW 24 and west of the railroad tracts after the Gleannloch Farms entrance. The site will also house a future Intermediate School.

Since Kohrville is in the area, it could be named Klein Kohrville HS. Or it could be called Klein Gleannloch HS.

Well Korhrville has already been taken by Korhville Elementary which is about 4-6 minutes away from were the new school will be located. Gleannloch is not a klein name. It's not associated with Klein ISD in any way. Keyser and Werner are Klein ISD German names that will eventually be used for a future Elementary or Intermediate schools if not for the new High School. Adams comes from Adam Klein the German who settled in the area which is Klein ISD today, He's the namesake of the district. According to a Board of Trustees policy each Senior High School in the district must begin with "KLEIN".

Klein Kaiser Wilhelm.

Kaiser is already used in an Elementary School. Where did Wilhelm come from? It sounds German.

Well Korhrville has already been taken by Korhville Elementary which is about 4-6 minutes away from were the new school will be located.

Sometimes the high school can take the same name an elementary school. I forget, though, about any particular cases. I would have to do some research on this.

EDIT:

*Garland ISD in Garland, TX has two Rowlett schools with the same names: Rowlett Elementary School and Rowlett High School

*Los Angeles USD in Los Angeles, CA has a Los Angeles Elementary School and a Los Angeles High School

*Richardson ISD in Richardson, TX has two Dallas schools with same names: Lake Highlands Elementary School and Lake Highlands High School

Edited by VicMan

Woolie, the solution could either be:

* Klein Kohrville High School, after the historic designation, or...

I found: http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online...s/KK/hrk18.html

You could call it "Klein Paul Kohrmann High School" - after the founder of Kohrville

Sure, that'd be fine. What depresses me are:

# Klein Lakes High School

# Klein Woods High School

# Klein Ranch High School

# Klein Meadows High School

# Klein West High School

# Klein Ridge High School

# Klein Manor High School

Generic names for people living generic lives in generic places.

Edited by woolie

I'll reveal some other school name ideas.

Remember how I stated that I feel that all of the city limits of Houston should be in one school district? Well, here are some ideas for new schools that would come with the district:

* Jocelyne M. Couture-Nowak Elementary School - This would be an elementary school located in Kingwood or the Kingwood area. What would be special about it? I would add a French bilingual magnet program (option for people zoned for school, mandatory for magnet transfers) aimed at residents of Kingwood, Summerwood, Aldine, and North Forest. This school would be named after the Virginia Tech French professor who died in Norris 211.

* Sin-Itiro Tomonaga Elementary School - Tomanaga was a renowned Japanese physicist who developed quantum electrodynamics and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Tomonaga died in 1979. I would locate his school along the shore of Lake Houston to serve residential developments there.

* Kathryn J. Whitmire Elementary School - Whitmire was a mayor of Houston. She is still alive today. I would have the school named after her also located along the shore of Lake Houston.

EDIT: Hey, I'm trying to post my ideas about HS 7 at http://beta.digiposts.com/digiposts/DigiPosts?site=204 and it is stating that the forums are read only even after I register? Jeez!

Edited by VicMan

We currently live in KISD and attend Klein Collins. I would have to suggest Klein Springs High School. Forget using Gleannloch, or Kohrville. I used to work for business located on Kohrville, and it was a complete pain in the rear to spell it constantly for callers, and those mailing something to us. Keep it simple, yet have some meaning, remember the kids that will attend and always remember the name and memories of their high school. :blush:

We currently live in KISD and attend Klein Collins. I would have to suggest Klein Springs High School. Forget using Gleannloch, or Kohrville. I used to work for business located on Kohrville, and it was a complete pain in the rear to spell it constantly for callers, and those mailing something to us. Keep it simple, yet have some meaning, remember the kids that will attend and always remember the name and memories of their high school. :blush:

I do not feel that "Klein Springs" has much of a meaning to the school name - Where are the springs? Suburban schools need to pick unique names to make their schools stand out as individuals.

A lot of places in the U.S. have difficult-to-spell names.

• 1 month later...
Name it after Hap Harrington. Was a great principal when I was there in the 70"s.

Hey - that sounds like an idea - Why not raise that suggestion with KISD?

Perhaps make a vote between the following names:

* Klein Kohrville High School (After the neighborhood)

* Klein Paul Kohrmann High School (After the founder of Kohrville)

* Klein Hap Harrington High School (After the KISD principal)

How about Klein "Squatty" Lyons HS?

Ummm, NO. I can only hope you're joking. Why not just name it Eversole High then? UGH!

On a related note:

Has anyone else driven past Krimmel and thought that it looked a lot like a minimum security prison, complete with a stadium to rival Klein Memorial and tons of tennis courts? Do most intermediate schools nowadays get all this?

Ummm, NO. I can only hope you're joking. Why not just name it Eversole High then? UGH!

On a related note:

Has anyone else driven past Krimmel and thought that it looked a lot like a minimum security prison, complete with a stadium to rival Klein Memorial and tons of tennis courts? Do most intermediate schools nowadays get all this?

I drive past Krimmel atleast twice a week. I think that it is a beautiful school. You can tell it resembles Schindewolf. The reason it has numerous tennis courts and a pretty nice size stadium is because it's new and does not share it's site with an Elementary or High School. Schindewolf has 2 tennis courts but not as many as Krimmel. Schindewolf does not have a stadium because everything is shared between Klein Collins and Schindewolf. When Klein ISD builds a High School and Intermediate on the same site, Fields and Equipment is usually shared. This is not the case with Krimmel. Another new thing in construction Klein ISD is doing is putting nice Marquee Signs in front of new Schools with Ingraved school names and addresses. Benignus and Krimmel have them. In the 2008 Bond Program they need to provide money for Klein Collins to have a Marquee Sign. It's the only High School in the district without one. Krimmel will have it's grand opening and public tour August 8, 2007.

When Klein ISD builds a High School and Intermediate on the same site, Fields and Equipment is usually shared. This is not the case with Krimmel.

Makes you wonder why they built Krimmel all by itself, with no high school nearby. Also, why they built Krimmel so close to Hildebrandt, which does share their fields with its' connecting high school, Klein Oak. Weird.

Makes you wonder why they built Krimmel all by itself, with no high school nearby. Also, why they built Krimmel so close to Hildebrandt, which does share their fields with its' connecting high school, Klein Oak. Weird.

Well Klein ISD had already owned the land that Krimmel sits on for a number of years prior to the construction of Krimmel. Maybe when they bought the land they planned on buying the land adjacent to the west of Krimmel for a future High School, but a developer bought it and The Lakes of Avalon sits there currently. The reason the land is so close to Hildebrandt is because the district knew it would have to build in that area in the future due to the fact that the Hildebrandt zone is the largest Intermediate Zone in the district. It is still also the fastest growing along with the Klein Oak zone even though Klein Oak has the smallest High School enrollment in the district. That entire area near FM 2920 and Kuykendahl is booming at a very fastly past. Klein ISD also owns another Intermediate site north of FM 2920 at the intersection of Kuykendahl Road and West Rayford Road adjacent to Metzler Elementary School. I'm assuming when Krimmel reaches tremendous growth and Hildebrandt reaches tremendous growth again they will begin construction, Or they might just build the one on Spring Cypress first. We'll see what the January 2008 Bond Plan has instore. The new PASA Report should be released this comming up month according to Klein ISD.

Let's hope the next PASA report is more factual than the last one. Thanks for the heads up on that, I look forward to seeing that. Also, I had heard years ago that the land Krimmel sits on was originally purchased by Klein, not for a school site, but for a district-wide natatorium. Guess those plans changed along the way somewhere. Be sure to let me know when the PASA report comes out, will you?

Klein West is a great name. Its not generic because it reflects the community (Klein) and the location (western part of the district). Generic would be if it was called Klein Prairie and its surrounded by pine trees.

Here is an example of generic: Magnolia West High School is just north of the city of Magnolia and Magnolia High School is miles to the east of Magnolia.