The Woodlands Is A Hot Spot For Wealthy Mexicans

TAK

it's true.....again..look at that Orlando Sanchez mayoral candidate a few years back....take away the last name he didn't even resemble a hispanic nor made reference to them like Ben Sanchez from the East End

J-Lo can blend in with mainstream black and white and then appeals to the hispanics (her new single)....that's her calling card....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

white, black or hispanic...J-LO is still annoying.

i'm a stickler about illegal immigration but i have no qualms about schools having to educate children of illegal immigrants.

1) they didn't ask to be in this situation

2) they aren't going back to mexico so it's in our best interest that they be educated

it's true.....again..look at that Orlando Sanchez mayoral candidate a few years back....take away the last name he didn't even resemble a hispanic nor made reference to them like Ben Sanchez from the East End

J-Lo can blend in with mainstream black and white and then appeals to the hispanics (her new single)....that's her calling card....

what are the characterics of a hispanic? who is ben sanchez?

not sure who j/lo is blending with because her album sales are not doing well per her record company.

Regarding color and origin, South America has a variety of European bloodlines. Spain is certainly one, as well as Portugal, but you find blue and green eyed people with light skin all over the place. As far as that goes, brown eyed and light skin also. Many Italians and Germans found in the Andes and various other locations. Know several people here from there with these light skin and colored eyes. Been there and seen communities of people with these attributes. A significant minority but lots of them none-the-less.

• 4 months later...

Not too long ago on HAIF, there was a discussion about wealthy Mexican citizens who lived in Houston. The New York Times article below addresses this issue.

By EUGENE L. MEYER

Published: September 16, 2007

ANA LUISA SANCHEZ MACCISE, a Mexican citizen, is neither seeking a path to American citizenship nor living a fitful undocumented existence. Yet she lives and works in Houston, where she sends her son to a local private school. She has another home in Mexico City, where her husband still works. He visits his family in Houston regularly.

A small but growing group of Mexican citizens are creating parallel lives in Houston. Dallas and San Antonio are other cities of choice.

Mrs. Maccise is among a small but growing group of Mexican citizens who are creating parallel lives in this sprawling city north of the border; Dallas and San Antonio are other cities of choice.

Their motives are more than economic. They are also seeking a safe haven for themselves and their families, away from the threats of kidnapping, ransom and even murder that are routinely directed at wealthy Mexicans.

They can move in next door to me! Getting the barbecue grill started! :lol:

Most of the Telenovela's they show on Spanish stations always show wealthy Latino Families. We just end up with the opposite of wealthy here in Houston it seems. I would love to see those wealthy beauties on these TV shows around my nabe any day!

I would love to see those wealthy beauties on these TV shows around my nabe any day!

I wouldn't get the grill going quite yet. They'd take one look at your nabe and get flashbacks of where they're escaping from.....

It is really a pathetic commentary on a country when both the poor and the rich feel the need to escape.

I wouldn't get the grill going quite yet. They'd take one look at your nabe and get flashbacks of where they're escaping from.....

It is really a pathetic commentary on a country when both the poor and the rich feel the need to escape.

I agree.

Dan, I dont think that came out the way it could be interpreted, you are quite near me and that area is hardly any better. Peace!

Right, I didn't mean it as a, "my nabe is better than yours" comment, but rather as firsthand commentary.

I feel safe where I live, but then again, I don't drive an expensive car, flaunt an expensive watch or have anything worth stealing..........which is just my lifestyle/philosophy and has nothing to do with urban survival, the two just happen to match up well.

I just hope these wealthy Mexicans don't try to fly Mexican flags in their yards.

Doubtful...but so glad we have your special kind of wit on which we can fall back. Wherever intelligent discussion can be found, it's always nice to have your added commentary to "round out" things.

• 1 month later...

This was a hot topic yesterday on the Chris Baker show.

A number of well spoken Mexican nationals called in. They said these mexican millionaires are fleeing violence for a reason. The reason being they are part of the corruption in Mexicio and people are after them. When things get hot the wanted ones fly to Houston to let things cool down.

It's only a matter of time before the kidnappings and violence make their way to Houston.

A number of well spoken Mexican nationals called in. They said these mexican millionaires are fleeing violence for a reason. The reason being they are part of the corruption in Mexicio and people are after them. When things get hot the wanted ones fly to Houston to let things cool down.

It's only a matter of time before the kidnappings and violence make their way to Houston.

Cept its all gonna happen in The Woodlands. ;)

This topic is related to another one --Wealthy Mexicans Living in Houston--posted on 18 September 2007 with a link to a NY Times Article. Moderators, please merge the two topics.

I actually found 3 similar topics, all merged now, with the one you mentioned now in the middle.

That might be true in some cases but also I've heard that the wealthy are targets down there regardless of whether or not they're believed to be directly involved in any corruption etc., as they are in other Latin countries like Brazil.

Well then by all means let the migration of millionaire Mexicans begin.

Color me unimpressed. Either way, the kidnappers and killers can and will follow the money.

The kidnappers and killers have a lot more to risk being on U.S. soil; the U.S. police is not filled with narcos....

The darker ones are more related to Native Americans, whereas the whiter one are related to descendants from Spain.

Someone may have already commented on this, but I thought I would help clarify it anyway. Many people in the USA would be very surprised to meet a blue eyed light colored Italian from the mountains of Venezuela. They might also be amazed to see a Chinese person speaking Spanish. The latin culture is as diversified as ours, with accents, with second languages and with color. I know a green eyed light brown latina who has outstanding features that I just could not believe when I first met her. To this day, her eyes intrigue me. The whitest people seem to be from Italy but I know there are many very light Spanish folks also.

That would be so crazy if people started getting kidnapped :) Kidnappers certainly have a lot of foliage to hide themselves with up in the Woodlands.

Ther is the other side of the coin also. There is a possibility that some of these people are the same people the others are running from, perhaps wealthy mafia.

I just don't see why any wealthy person would want to desire to live in The Woodlands anyway? It's not that eclectic. On a bright note, at least they might be well-educated.

If the ladies look like Catherine-Zeta Jones, I wouldn't complain y'all. :P

I just don't see why any wealthy person would want to desire to live in The Woodlands anyway? It's not that eclectic. On a bright note, at least they might be well-educated.

If the ladies look like Catherine-Zeta Jones, I wouldn't complain ya'll. :P

what makes you think all wealthy people like an eclectic environment? i've found that most wealthy people prefer a contrived environment.

Archived