How can gays have children?

musicman

Midtown said " I just wanted to understand how two gay men (or two gay women) can have children.

Who does who in the what now?

Are all of musicman's gay friends with kids ex-breeders? "

some of the ones I know ARE "ex-breeders" according to how the word is used in the gay community. But i also know some that had children as gay people. that is why when i hear gays use the word breeders as a derogatory comment, i think they are juvenile because gays have children too.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Midtown said " I just wanted to understand how two gay men (or two gay women) can have children.

My boyfriend was married and has a biological child and later adopted 2 more girls, both with married.

They got a divorce and has joint custody of the biological and full custody of the adopted ones. :)

My boyfriend was married and has a biological child and later adopted 2 more girls, both with married.

They got a divorce and has joint custody of the biological and full custody of the adopted ones. :)

So is it standard practice for gay men who want biological kids to decieve straight women into marrying them, getting them pregnant, having their children, then come out of the closet? I ask only because this is not the first time I've heard of the: "I was married with kids, then got a divorce, now my gay lover and I have custody.." scenario before.

My ex was like that too. Had joint custody of his two kids that lived with us part time. He claims his wife knew at the time they were married.

I have no idea whether that is true or not.

So is it standard practice for gay men who want biological kids to decieve straight women into marrying them, getting them pregnant, having their children, then come out of the closet?
or women. ;) I think deceive might not be the best word. In some instances it is deception but probably not most. i know a lesbian couple who wanted children and they ended up getting together with a gay guy. they split and the guy now shares joint custody with one of the lesbians.

So is it standard practice for gay men who want biological kids to decieve straight women into marrying them, getting them pregnant, having their children, then come out of the closet? I ask only because this is not the first time I've heard of the: "I was married with kids, then got a divorce, now my gay lover and I have custody.." scenario before.

It happens alot, I have witnessed it firsthand with a teacher I had in Highschool. My father started dating the now recent ex-wife of this teacher who "came out" after about 10 years of marriage, and they had an 8 yr old son. I was 17 at the time, and a Senior, and was told by my father not to say anything to anyone at school, so as NOT to jeapodize his career. Now, you have to know my father to realize just how big a step that was for my father to worry about some gay guy's career. He was the mold to which the modern day rightwing christian wingnut is modeled after. As luck would have it, I was assigned to this teacher's English class but was immediately withdrawn and put into another class because of the situation. The teacher knew who I was, and who my father was now with his ex-wife, so it would not have been a good scene. The funny thing is that pretty much everyone at school KNEW this teacher was gay even before he came out.

I don't think it is "standard practice", I just think it was how lives were led back in the 50's ,60's, on into the 70's. Boys grew up knowing that you were to like girls, marry them and have babies. Doesn't matter if you have some strange feelings inside when you are showering with the other guys after football practice, you WILL marry a girl and have some babies, because that is how 1960's America is.

Doesn't matter if you have some strange feelings inside when you are showering with the other guys after football practice, you WILL marry a girl and have some babies, because that is how 1960's America is.

60's?? LOL i see it now.

No Jeebus, he was questioning his sexuality at the time.

Both he and his wife at the time were foster parents, when they seperated, she did not want to be a foster mother to the two girls, and only focus on the biological child, so he took on the responsibility. She could have cared less, as she did not make the effort to fight back.

They got a divorce because she was a biatch and cold hearted, so he divorced her. He did not tell he we was gay until years later, to which she would use against him for the adoption process to ruin it, because all of the sudden she cares ten months later.

Fortunately it worked out and she has no claims to those girls.

Isn't that the plot of the movie Bareback Mountin'?

:rolleyes: That was funny the first one hundred times I heard that on the internet, radio, tv, friends, etc.

Boys grew up knowing that you were to like girls, marry them and have babies. Doesn't matter if you have some strange feelings inside when you are showering with the other guys after football practice, you WILL marry a girl and have some babies, because that is how 1960's America is.

It's a lot of pressure to conform, and when you are confused and on the fence why you feel this way, you still make it work, and he did just that. Again, as hard as it may seem to believe, by boyfriends divorce had nothing to do with him being gay. They just feel out of love.

It's a lot of pressure to conform, and when you are confused and on the fence why you feel this way, you still make it work, and he did just that. Again, as hard as it may seem to believe, by boyfriends divorce had nothing to do with him being gay. They just feel out of love.

Your boyfriend is much older than you huh ? He grew up in the 60's.

Your boyfriend is much older than you huh ? He grew up in the 60's.

20 years older actually, he was born in 1959. He is a sexy muscle daddy!

We celebrate our one year anniversary next Thursday! :lol:

the New York Times Sunday Magazine had a long reportage on the relationship of gay sperm donors to lesbian parents, it is still accessible (you might have to register though) for free here.

I could have gone ALL YEAR without reading THAT ! :rolleyes:

That was not even that graphic, but I will say that he is one of the big burly goateed bears with really a rocking bod!

I am technically a "cub" since I am younger and smaller than he, but not techinically a dad/son type thing.

the New York Times Sunday Magazine had a long reportage on the relationship of gay sperm donors to lesbian parents, it is still accessible (you might have to register though) for free here.

They have a story arch on Showtimes' QAF that focused on that subject.

That was not even that graphic, but I will say that he is one of the big burly goateed bears with really a rocking bod!

I am technically a "cub" since I am younger and smaller than he, but not techinically a dad/son type thing.

They have a story arch on Showtimes' QAF that focused on that subject.

That is why I have HBO ! :huh::lol: Closest thing to "QAF" on HBO is "Oz". I don't watch that either.

Who does who in the what now?

Are all of musicman's gay friends with kids ex-breeders? "

some of the ones I know ARE "ex-breeders" according to how the word is used in the gay community. But i also know some that had children as gay people. that is why when i hear gays use the word breeders as a derogatory comment, i think they are juvenile because gays have children too.

They can use a surrogate woman - I.E. the sister of one of the partners and the other partner.

20 yr old difference in sibblings?? thats weird

my officemate is 36 and he has siblings in their 50's. my dad's siblings also vary by a considerable number to the point where he has a nephew almost his age.

In prison I think they call that something else.

Using this weird analogy, guys with same age girlfriends would feel like they are sorta of ____ing their sister (ie if they have a sister)

Or guys with guyfriends the same age would fee like they are boffing their brother! Crazy!

That sperm donar story makes Anna Nicole's baby-dady drama look tame.

I am not so sure that bringing a life into the world should be such an experiment.

Well, you have to either do that or adopt if you want to make a kids. Two guys can't magically make a baby on their own, and likewise same with the ladies.

Archived