How can gays have children?

musicman

having (2) men gives you more money to provide a better life and more opportunities for your kids than (2) women could. per puma

When it was in the news that Dick Cheney's gay daughter was pregnant, nothing was said about how she got that way. I wonder if she went to a sperm bank? I would assume that a big city like Houston would have at least one sperm bank. If it does, have any of the men on this forum ever made a "donation" to it?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is it standard practice for gay men who want biological kids to decieve straight women into marrying them, getting them pregnant, having their children, then come out of the closet? I ask only because this is not the first time I've heard of the: "I was married with kids, then got a divorce, now my gay lover and I have custody.." scenario before.

Um no, that's a pretty ignorant assumption. Usually what happens is that in our society some men feel extremely pressured to be "straight" and deny their homosexuality (bad for you). In their denial they try to be "straight" and get into a heterosexual relationship, get married, make their parents happy, have kids, and in SOME cases they will finally fall out of that denial and don't feel right being married to the woman. They may still love eachother on some level, but never in all its aspects. Some women understand and will even tell you that had a pretty good idea the husband was gay.

So if society just let people be who they are and stopped bitching about it, we wouldn't have men going on dead end voyages in search of having a "Straight" life and hurting wives and children.

Anyway there are so many different non-decieving ways gays/lesbians can acquire children without going through a pointless marriage/hookup, as many have pointed out. Adoption, surrogate mothers/fathers, etc. etc.

Happy voyages :closedeyes:

Um no, that's a pretty ignorant assumption. Usually what happens is that in our society some men feel extremely pressured to be "straight" and deny their homosexuality (bad for you). In their denial they try to be "straight" and get into a heterosexual relationship, get married, make their parents happy, have kids, and in SOME cases they will finally fall out of that denial and don't feel right being married to the woman. They may still love eachother on some level, but never in all its aspects. Some women understand and will even tell you that had a pretty good idea the husband was gay.

So if society just let people be who they are and stopped bitching about it, we wouldn't have men going on dead end voyages in search of having a "Straight" life and hurting wives and children.

Anyway there are so many different non-decieving ways gays/lesbians can acquire children without going through a pointless marriage/hookup, as many have pointed out. Adoption, surrogate mothers/fathers, etc. etc.

Happy voyages :closedeyes:

Yes, I can understand how a gay woman who wants her own biological child can conceive. All she has to do is pay a visit to a sperm bank. She doesn't have to deceive a man into marriage for that purpose.

On the other hand, a gay man who wants his own biological child can't simply go to some kind of a "donation center." I'd like to hear what some of you think about the ways in which a gay man can have his own biological child. I would think that there should be at least one way that he can without deceiving a woman into marriage.

I'd like to hear what some of you think about the ways in which a gay man can have his own biological child. I would think that there should be at least one way that he can without deceiving a woman into marriage.

they pay a woman to have the child.

• 2 weeks later...
they pay a woman to have the child.

A segment on 60 Minutes last night was about a doctor who said that he donated to a sperm bank over 100 times when he was in medical school. All of the women who purchased his "product" got together with all of their children who were half-siblings.

I read that to be a donor, a man has to have a certain level of intelligence.

• 3 weeks later...
On the other hand, a gay man who wants his own biological child can't simply go to some kind of a "donation center." I'd like to hear what some of you think about the ways in which a gay man can have his own biological child. I would think that there should be at least one way that he can without deceiving a woman into marriage.

I am a lesbian and needless to say I have MANY gay and lesbian friends. I have offered to have a child for my best friend who is a gay man (if and when he is ever ready). He would only have to cover the medical bills...which is considerable, but I would not charge him and his partner a fee of my own. This is an option that some gay men do have with their lesbian friends, especially those with lesbian friends under 40. I have known this guy for almost 20 years though. I would not do it for just any person.

I am a lesbian and needless to say I have MANY gay and lesbian friends. I have offered to have a child for my best friend who is a gay man (if and when he is ever ready). He would only have to cover the medical bills...which is considerable, but I would not charge him and his partner a fee of my own. This is an option that some gay men do have with their lesbian friends, especially those with lesbian friends under 40. I have known this guy for almost 20 years though. I would not do it for just any person.

As friends, that is a VERY generous gift, I commend you fo that. :wub:

I wonder, since people are born gay, would a gay sperm and a lesbian egg produce a more likely gay oriented child? :unsure:

not sure if this is the best way to word this.

Nope, I was born gay, I did not turn gay, and I did not chose to be gay.

Is it genetic, I dunno.

Do I have some closeted family members, I bet I do.

But I was born this way, and that is the way I word it.

Nothing is a choice here.

Is it genetic, I dunno.

"some people" would probably be better.

"some people" would probably be better.

Okay in that sense you got me, after rereading, it can be misinterpretted that I am saying 100% percent of people born at automatically gay.

No so, you are right, just bad choice of words on my part.

Okay in that sense you got me, after rereading, it can be misinterpretted that I am saying 100% percent of people born at automatically gay.

No so, you are right, just bad choice of words on my part.

Just harassin ya. i have to remember the subj matter.

Is it genetic, I dunno.

It's not a choice but just because people do not consciously know that they did not make a choice does not mean someone was born that way. It's still up in the air in my opinion and too complex for someone to give such a direct answer on both sides.

As friends, that is a VERY generous gift, I commend you fo that. :wub:

I wonder, since people are born gay, would a gay sperm and a lesbian egg produce a more likely gay oriented child? :unsure:

It is just something that I would do for these guys...it certainly would not be a service

offered to just any ol boy :rolleyes:

OK, Musicman got you already, so I will leave this one alone :blink:

Amen sista :P

Archived