Any Issues?

HoustonMidtown

On 1/25/2019 at 11:04 PM, editor said:

Some of you may have noticed that posting content occasionally makes the forum... let's call it "pause."

Waiting for a bit causes the post to be posted, so there's no data loss.  It's just annoying.

I'm working on tracking this down, just so everyone knows.

This has been fixed.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/14/2020 at 12:03 AM, dbigtex56 said:

Issue: link from HAIF - HOUSTON DEVELOPMENT MAP doesn't work 
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/viewer?hl=en&ll=29.74280795146488%2C-95.37600163327623&z=18&mid=1J_89cR1sxP4muIAHRJlm6TajoQPyoswJ
This would have been for 2920 Fannin St  (Bering Omega Medical Clinic).
thanks.

Not sure where you got that link from.  This is the current one that @Luminare and others were updating.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?state={"ids"%3A["1uy6qAEQioisw7lKYbZoJNDrl2k6Ef8ck"]%2C"action"%3A"open"%2C"userId"%3A"100367964234737055652"}&usp=sharing

from this thread.  

On 9/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, BeerNut said:
On 9/14/2020 at 12:03 AM, dbigtex56 said:

Not sure where you got that link from. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/viewer?hl=en&ll=29.742353901242506%2C-95.37550101419926&z=18&mid=1J_89cR1sxP4muIAHRJlm6TajoQPyoswJ 
When I click on the image at the corner of Anita and Fannin, it displays this link: https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38716-bering-omega-2920-fannin-midtown-clinic/
Tried to include a screenshot but HAIF said it exceeded allowable file size. Anyway, this is the message that appears.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/1

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, dbigtex56 said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/viewer?hl=en&ll=29.742353901242506%2C-95.37550101419926&z=18&mid=1J_89cR1sxP4muIAHRJlm6TajoQPyoswJ 
When I click on the image at the corner of Anita and Fannin, it displays this link: https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38716-bering-omega-2920-fannin-midtown-clinic/
Tried to include a screenshot but HAIF said it exceeded allowable file size. Anyway, this is the message that appears.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/1

@BeerNut you were right on this one. I did double check. @dbigtex56 make sure to check your bookmarks if the problems still persists.

Been away for awhile with some personal matters. The link that is currently in the main thread goes to the correct updated map. I'll be sure to make this more explicit in the future to prevent this from happening again.

• 1 month later...

The website is acting very strange today, tried answering a message but it wouldn't let me had to go to mobile to answer. Trying to post pics and it won't let me. Liking a post and it does some strange things that I've never seen, it reloads the whole page and then the like finally goes thru.

I had the same problem. The reply box was not responsive. I could not click the blue reply to this topic button either. However after I liked the post somehow the page refreshed and then I could reply using the reply box at the end of the thread. This is on PC with an up to date version of Firefox. Didn't try any other browsers. Not doing it to this thread so maybe an intermittant issue.

9 out of 10 times that I click to add a comment the comment box doesn't open up in order to comment. Sometimes after clicking on the box multiple times it reloads the whole page again. This is what the comment box looks like when it won't open up.

L0FCBkU.png

9 out of 10 times that I click to add a comment the comment box doesn't open up in order to comment. Sometimes after clicking on the box multiple times it reloads the whole page again. This is what the comment box looks like when it won't open up.

L0FCBkU.png

Thanks for posting these problems.  I'll look into them.

There is a software update available for the forum software.  It has a list of about 100 bugs that have been squashed recently.  Hopefully some of them will fix the problems you list.

I'm backing up the forum right now.  It takes a little while, so I will try to perform the upgrade on Tuesday. 

If you notice anything amiss with HAIF, the fastest way to get it rectified is to contact me directly at editor@houstonarchitecture.com.

One thing to note:  I had some of the same problems you did using Safari (My preferred browser, too).  But when I fired up Firefox, they went away.  I wonder if some of the recent Safari changes are at the root of it.  Hopefully the upgrade will improve the compatibility of the forum software.

So, the bad news is that the problem with the rich text editor not loading continues to be a problem.

The good news is that it's happening to lots of other fora, and not just HAIF.  So hopefully that means the makers of the software will get on it.  I'll keep you updated.

The first time this page came up, using a right click open in new tab move, it had no quote links, and no reply area, although the submit reply button was there. I hit F5 in Chrome to refresh, and it came up correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

The site is still not working like it used to. Most of the time when you click to add to a topic the box won't open. It sometimes reloads to topic heading, i.e posting to Texas Tower and clicking on the add it simply loads to "Going Up". I often have to reload a topic 4 or 5 times for the box to open to add a pic. If you want to like a topic more often then not it simply reloads the site before it adds the like.

• The title was changed to Any Issues?

For those of you following this topic, I have updated the software.  Hopefully it helps.

Don't forget to clear your browser cache!  I thought it was a stupid notion, but it made a difference for me.

I've created a new thread to discuss any further problems: 

Archived