How To Navigate Houston’s Roadways Leading Up To The Super Bowl

H.Ham

More than 1 million people are expected to attend at least one of the numerous events planned for the week leading up to Super Bowl LI in Houston on Feb. 5, according to the Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau. To prepare for this influx of visitors, the Houston Super Bowl Host Committee has provided the following information to help residents and visitors alike avoid the brunt of traffic congestion. Planned road closures Road closures between Jan. 26-Feb. 6:

The post How to navigate Houston’s roadways leading up to the Super Bowl appeared first on Community Impact Newspaper.

View the full article

I was told I will be taking the kid and a friend to the NFL Experience at Discovery Green on Saturday. Oh joy. A day with a couple of 14 year old boys that hear less than my nearly deaf great-grandmother. It's made somewhat easier by the fact that I was able to prepay to park for 8 hours at the old post office site for $14, which is close to the special circulator buses they've laid on for the event. Let's see how well that works.

went cycling this morning around the area.

in addition to the closures, lots of streets have been reduced to 1 lane surrounding the GRB.

Rusk, Capitol, LaBranch, Austin, Polk, Dallas. And a few more. I'm assuming that's just going to be weekends?

40 minutes ago, samagon said:

went cycling this morning around the area.

in addition to the closures, lots of streets have been reduced to 1 lane surrounding the GRB.

Rusk, Capitol, LaBranch, Austin, Polk, Dallas. And a few more. I'm assuming that's just going to be weekends?

Street closures are full time through Feb 5. Here's the map http://www.housuperbowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/road-closures-sm.pdf

20 hours ago, Ross said:

I was told I will be taking the kid and a friend to the NFL Experience at Discovery Green on Saturday. Oh joy. A day with a couple of 14 year old boys that hear less than my nearly deaf great-grandmother. It's made somewhat easier by the fact that I was able to prepay to park for 8 hours at the old post office site for $14, which is close to the special circulator buses they've laid on for the event. Let's see how well that works.

I prepaid for parking at the Post Office, which I probably didn't need to do, but it was the cheapest option, and guaranteed me a space. We walked over to Louisiana and Franklin and caught the Orange circulator, which is free. We didn't do the NFL Experience, it costs actual money($35). We stood in line for about 2 hours so the kids could ride the Future Flight. They enjoyed that. The rest of the stuff was semi-interesting. The best thing to me was the full size display of the Webb Space Telescope, which is definitely worth seeing. The music stage is impressive, and sounds good with the recorded music they were playing. Food was really expensive, with any sort of entree costing $10+ - that's for hot dogs too. A bottle of water is $4.

To get downtown Saturday, we took the 40/41 down W Dallas. It normally goes all the way to Disco Green but because of all the closures it dropped us off at Fannin which is only a few blocks away. I wasn't sure where it would pick us up with the route change (which wasn't reflected on google maps) so we took the 32 back to get us down W Gray. Worked out well.

Saw the Green link running often. Also noticed some lots farther away for $10 and closer at $20-30.

• The title was changed to How To Navigate Houston’s Roadways Leading Up To The Super Bowl

Archived