Sign in to follow this  
hysinger

Development At Shepherd And W Alabama

20thStDad    252

Forgive me, the noob, is there a thread on here discussing density? If not, let us. :rolleyes:

Haha. So many. I think we should keep this thread to the project, otherwise it might go the way of the Walmart thread.

ricco67    382

Decided to take a quick picture last night when I realized I was passing by it.

DSC02117.JPG

rsb320    114

For sure, Ruchies was disgusting "food!"

I beg to differ. Their tongue tacos rock!

barracuda    344

I beg to differ. Their tongue tacos rock!

I thought the place was only good late at night after drinking. Even then it's not very good.

sevfiv    1344

I remember Ruchi's used to have some restaurants labeled Americas (or something similar) and some El Rincon de Mexico (they're all this way now I think) - the Americas ones seemed to have less spicy salsa and food..

I go to the one off Fuqua/45 once in a long while and it's decent - it also used to be a Double Dave's Pizza so all the booths have "DD" etched in to them..

largeTEXAS    272

So much for "high rise." Only five stories Sad for such a good location.

I think a midrise is much better for this location. In fact, 5 stories is the perfect height IMO. Plus, what highrises have street-level retail?

ricco67    382

So much for "high rise." Only five stories Sad for such a good location.

I'll update the thread title.

Added to the interactive map of Houston projects: http://maps.google.c...02ee46915&msa=0

I agree that a midrise might be better for the area for now...

But until transportation in the area is improved, I don't think a highrise can be built in the area.

lockmat    1860

This is right across the street from where the Trader Joe's is going? The apt dwellers are gonna fill that place up.

Just by the rendering, it looks like this will be an awesome project.

LTAWACS    65

Ah... thank you very much.

yes it does look nice... however, if they were to incorporate a tall tower it could be set back a little... but then again, maybe the streets here wont be able to support such traffic?

sidegate    28

It's appropriately scaled & positioned relative to that corner. I like it.

Maybe with all this infill we could vote for some light rail in the area. Oh....wait......

Edited by sidegate

Also they tore down a apartment complex across from the  Alabama Ice House to build a midrise.  Now it is fenced off an there are sewer pipes there but no activity for over a year.

• Like 1

Here is the site plan and rendering for the Read King development at Shepherd and W Alabama (used to be the shopping center where Roeder's Pub and Ruchi's were):

XIEH774.jpg

M03NO2j.jpg

• Like 1

CREguy13    539

Question:  Does anyone know what is planned for the large cleared lot just North of West Alabama Ice House - 2 blocks East of this intersection.  Is there an existing thread for that project? 

swtsig    2165
8 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Question:  Does anyone know what is planned for the large cleared lot just North of West Alabama Ice House - 2 blocks East of this intersection.  Is there an existing thread for that project? 

it was supposed to be an 8 story apartment complex, can't remember the developer. there's a thread for it somewhere.

i'd much prefer they appropriate it to the city who in turn converts it into greenspace, mostly bc i could then cut across it to get to WAIH.

• Like 1