The Parks At Boulder Creek: Mixed-Use Development

I was thinking about one of the lofts. I got an estimate of about 2 years before they would be ready. I was told last week that they just closed on the financing....who knows. Did you have any trouble getting your money back? I was thinking of doing the same thing and holding a unit, and seeing how the project develops, since I'm not moving back to Houston for another year anyway.

We were told over 3 mos ago they were closing on financing. We had no problem getting our earnest money back because we cancelled the check. They never cashed it!

We were told over 3 mos ago they were closing on financing. We had no problem getting our earnest money back because we cancelled the check. They never cashed it!

I think not cashing the check is standard procedure on developments like this, before they send the contracts to the title company. The initial plan is to gauge interest and write "reservations" that are basically worthless. Then, when a certain benchmark is realized, they send the contracts to the title company and they get converted to earnest money contracts, which are more binding.

It sounds like this project is merely slow in developing -- not unlike Houston Pavilions...or Shamrock Tower.

If it happens, it will be cool for Pearland. The real interest will develop once the first concrete is poured. If it's poured.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I hope they put in a 24 hour fitness or and LA Fitness in this development

Also this development will loose its attractiveness after the Beltway junction at 288 and the belt is built. It will hinder access and make it more noisy. I think that the fact that the 288 does not have a feeder road is the reason why this area has developed slower then other areas of town.

I heard there will be an "ANYTIME FITNESS" coming in February 2007 on Pearland Parkway, just outside the Lakes of Highland Glen. I went to one of these gyms in San Antonio and it is the best thing I have seen so far (they are all over the place in San Antonio). You get a card or keychain that lets you in the gym 24/7/365, the one I toured in San Antonio had security cameras all over the place and panic button necklaces that you can wear if you are working out after hours. You just push the button and the police are notified immediatley. But Kelly, the owner of the gym in San Antonio, said there are something like 300 of these gyms around the country and there has NEVER been any incidents! They had the newest state-of-the art fitness equipment and tanning beds, too. And the same card or keychain operates everything, the doors, the tanning beds, and even the vending machines (so you don't ever have to carry change or your wallet to the gym). You just swipe your keychain at the vending machine and get whatever you want, the dollar or whatever just automatically goes to your account. I have never seen anything like it, I can't wait until they open!

• 2 months later...

IT LOOKS AS IF THEY ARE FINALLY BEGINING WORK! Another trailor has been added to the property. I think the townhomes will be built by a company from Florida. I am looking forward to the retail development. Will the University of Houston campus be built near this area?

IT LOOKS AS IF THEY ARE FINALLY BEGINING WORK! Another trailor has been added to the property. I think the townhomes will be built by a company from Florida. I am looking forward to the retail development. Will the University of Houston campus be built near this area?

The UH campus is planned farther down Pearland Parkway, on the roundabout, at the entrance to The Lakes of Highland Glen. Truth be told -- I'll bet the announcement of the UH campus was the impetus that finally got this project going.

The UH campus is planned farther down Pearland Parkway, on the roundabout, at the entrance to The Lakes of Highland Glen. Truth be told -- I'll bet the announcement of the UH campus was the impetus that finally got this project going.

Do you know what type of stores that will be located in the small retail center between The Lakes of Highland Glen and Lowes?

Do you know what type of stores that will be located in the small retail center between The Lakes of Highland Glen and Lowes?

I don't. That retail area was in the original plans for the Lakes of Highland Glen, though. I don't believe the developer has anything to do with it now, however. I think retail development along Pearland Parkway is pretty restrictive. You'll notice that, aside from that small center, only the day school and now the UH campus have been announced.

The Lakes of Highland Glen had a lot to do with getting the parkway extended up to Beltway 8. So, I think this small zoning for a retail strip was part of their original bargaining for making the extension of the parkway go through. Looks like making this road go through is about to start paying off.

For those who don't know -- Pearland Parkway actually is a very nice parkway, not a misnamed tollway or freeway. It runs next to some flood retention ponds and growths of nice trees. There's a planted median and even a very nice roundabout at the entrance to The Lakes of Highland Glen subdivision. The parkway continues up to Pearland High School, with only residential streets intersecting, except where it crosses 518, which is Pearland's main retail street.

The "lifestyle center" being discussed here is at the north end of Pearland Parkway, at Beltway 8. It's been in a kind of limbo stage for over a year now. One thing they were waiting on is build-out of Highland Glen -- which has progessed well. Highland Glen advertises homes from the 130s-300s. 80% of those have been in the $210s-400s, though. There is only a small section with homes below the $210s. Highland Glen has spawned a couple of other developments along the parkway, with homes from the $130s-210s.

Nice area.

BIG NEWS -

The developer of the Portofino shopping center, a 500,000-square-foot development near The Woodlands built to resemble a Venetian cityscape, is embarking on a new project in Pearland.

Jefco Development and the Maverick Group are developing the Parks at Boulder Creek at Beltway 8 and Pearland Parkway.

The property wraps around a 360-acre park.

Construction on a two-story, 55,000-square-foot retail and office complex has started, and additional phases are planned that are expected to include more retail and office space, apartments, lofts and townhomes.

The developers also sold 26 acres to Florida Capital, which is building 533 units on the east side of Pearland Parkway.

This summer, more retail will be built. Tenants that have signed on include Wells Fargo, Spec's Liquor, Wachovia Bank and Kroger.

HTH Group of Beverly Hills, Calif., and Cre8 Design in Houston were involved in the design and architecture.

Tribble & Stephens is building the shopping center.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...iz/4484877.html

BIG NEWS -

The developer of the Portofino shopping center, a 500,000-square-foot development near The Woodlands built to resemble a Venetian cityscape, is embarking on a new project in Pearland.

Jefco Development and the Maverick Group are developing the Parks at Boulder Creek at Beltway 8 and Pearland Parkway.

The property wraps around a 360-acre park.

Construction on a two-story, 55,000-square-foot retail and office complex has started, and additional phases are planned that are expected to include more retail and office space, apartments, lofts and townhomes.

The developers also sold 26 acres to Florida Capital, which is building 533 units on the east side of Pearland Parkway.

This summer, more retail will be built. Tenants that have signed on include Wells Fargo, Spec's Liquor, Wachovia Bank and Kroger.

HTH Group of Beverly Hills, Calif., and Cre8 Design in Houston were involved in the design and architecture.

Tribble & Stephens is building the shopping center.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...iz/4484877.html

This sounds like a MAJOR scale-back from the original plans. Originally, the plans called for stores like Virgin Megastore. Now, they're putting up a Kroger?

Spec's will be nice -- especially since Pearland is dry. But as for the "lofts and townhomes" -- who in the world would want to live in a suburban strip mall complex? I wish I could see some plans of this new design.

This sounds like a MAJOR scale-back from the original plans. Originally, the plans called for stores like Virgin Megastore. Now, they're putting up a Kroger?

Spec's will be nice -- especially since Pearland is dry. But as for the "lofts and townhomes" -- who in the world would want to live in a suburban strip mall complex? I wish I could see some plans of this new design.

Will Monroe Rd. to Pearland Parkway be opened for easier access from Hobby Airport?

Will Monroe Rd. to Pearland Parkway be opened for easier access from Hobby Airport?

Eventually.

I don't believe any work has been done on Monroe to date, though, beyond putting "Future Monroe" on the exit signs. If construction of Monroe is anything like Pearland Parkway, it could take several years to get the road in.

35 goes right by Hobby airport right? I hope so thats where i droped off my mother-inlaw after Christmas, I have pretty good knowledge that Monroe is going to be rebuilt from Beltway - 8 to Fuqua, the plans are already in the works, Id much rather have an HEB then a Kroger, but Spec's is nice.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Here's a Mixed-Use development by Maverick Group and Jefco in Pearland.

20 Story Tower (14 stories of office over a six story garage)

MgpfFjG.jpg

Multifamily Midrise a top a 5 story garage

PWj8sEx.jpg

Retail Center rendered is completed (part of the first phase)

R8jD365.jpg

WS4V86S.jpg

http://www.maverickgrouponline.com/commercial.html

http://www.maverickgrouponline.com/plats/houston/theparks/new%20brochure.pdf

• The title was changed to The Parks At Boulder Creek: Mixed-Use Development

Archived