Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier At 2501 Seawall Blvd.

tw2ntyse7en

Speaking of which, where the hell is Jordy?

Still smoking BC Bud in rehab?

Red?

Well, last I heard he spoke at the actual "Convention Committee Convention", then went back to rehab to finish drying out.

............and the kicker is that Mayor White was pissed about it. Give me a break.

Edited by TJones

Tsk ! Tsk! Tsk! Kimberly, your new signature is very "fair weather fan" like ! I expect better from you, as you and I both expect better from Lidge.

I agree with you on Tilman though, mafia ties or no mafia ties, I think the guy is great at what he does, and that is promote Houston business, maybe we could make him an honorary chair on the Convention Committee ?

Ahh, new name for the Downtown Park...Tillman Fertitta Land.

I wish Frittata had never heard of Galveston or Kemah. He is RUINING our area.

Anyone have an Uncle Guido we could call on?????

haha! now every time i read fertitta, i think 25foyew.jpg

:D

and i would think fertitta's uncle guido would reign supreme any day :o

I wish Frittata had never heard of Galveston or Kemah. He is RUINING our area.

Anyone have an Uncle Guido we could call on?????

How exactly is he doing that Papillion, is it by bringing back tourists to what was almost a friggin' GHOSTOWN ten years ago ? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
He is bringing mediocre food and just ghastly architecture there. Galveston should be its own unique place. Not Kemah, the sequal!

Personally I think Galveston is just a little bit jealous of Kemah. I love Kemah. People love Kemah. If you have a boat there, it is magnificent. If you don't, sitting outside at sunset watching those boats come and go is breathtaking. But wait, there's more, Seabrook is getting ready to get a piece of the action as well. Now, when it is all said and done, Galveston will be more than happy to see something of this magnitude come its way.

Personally I think Galveston is just a little bit jealous of Kemah. I love Kemah. People love Kemah. If you have a boat there, it is magnificent. If you don't, sitting outside at sunset watching those boats come and go is breathtaking. But wait, there's more, Seabrook is getting ready to get a piece of the action as well. Now, when it is all said and done, Galveston will be more than happy to see something of this magnitude come its way.

I don't think Galveston is "jealous" of Kemah. I think Galveston is more leery of it's unique Strand area being "Kemahfied". While popular (and profitable), Kemah is the epitome of kitsch. Galveston's Strand is a one-of-a-kind historical landmark. The Strand can be improved without turning it into Kemah.

While opinions vary about Tilman Fertitta, Galveston generally praises him. He, along with George Mitchell, has reinvigorated the Island. I don't think Galveston leaders are as much opposed to his ideas for the Strand, as much making sure as his vision for the area and theirs are complimentary. Many of us agree that the historical port feel of the Strand should be kept. We already have one Kemah. We certainly do not need a second.

Red, I have to compliment you on your wonderful NEW Avatar.

Now, for those who are bitchin' about Tilman investing in Galveston, here is a "newsflash". HE is the only one investing in your town right now. If you don;t like it, then buy the properties BEFORE he does, and do what you think should be done.

Red, I have to compliment you on your wonderful NEW Avatar.

Now, for those who are bitchin' about Tilman investing in Galveston, here is a "newsflash". HE is the only one investing in your town right now. If you don;t like it, then buy the properties BEFORE he does, and do what you think should be done.

The reason that I am "bitchin'" as you so crudely put it, is because Tilman came in and bought out quite a few businesses that were originals - not his corporate stamped, mediocre food Kemah-esque restaurants and hotels. Hate him. Period.

I totally agree that we don't need a carbon copy of Kemah in Galveston. However, The Strand ain't all that and a bag of chips right now anyhow. So, somebody with some money needs to come in and figure out how to make a fantastic entertainment district on the water. If it ain't Tilman, where is George Mitchell when you need him? I'd like to see something very cool there, personally. What Tilman has done in Kemah is wonderful. Some people may not think so, but I remember what was there before. Please! This is about money and power. God save the po man. :blink:

• 7 years later...
  • The title was changed to Galveston Pier 21 Updates
  • The title was changed to Landry's Theme Park?
  • The title was changed to Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier At 2501 Seawall Blvd.