New 24-hour eating options coming to Houston

There's an article in the Houston Business Journal saying that the Huddle House chain is coming to town.

I've never heard of it before, but apparently it's an Atlanta-based chain of 24-hour diners. Houston is supposed to get 26 in the metro. First one is scheduled for the Richmond strip.

There's an article in the Houston Business Journal saying that the Huddle House chain is coming to town.

I've never heard of it before, but apparently it's an Atlanta-based chain of 24-hour diners. Houston is supposed to get 26 in the metro. First one is scheduled for the Richmond strip.

26? Wow

all the waffle houses here are way out there.

I don't know what you consider "way out", but there are at least four WH's inside the Beltway on the SE side of town:

- College at Gulf Freeway in South Houston (about 4 miles outside the Loop)

- Fairmont Parkway, a few blocks inside the Beltway in Pasadena (about 1/2 mile inside the Beltway)

- Richey Rd at 225 in Pasadena (about 3 miles outside the Loop)

- Almeda-Genoa just west of the Gulf Freeway (about 6 miles outside the Loop)

I passed more than one final exam at UH from my study sessions at the College Ave WH...greatly assisted by the energy provided in my double order of scattered-smothered-covered-chunked-topped-diced-and-peppered hash browns. :)

I don't know what you consider "way out", but there are at least four WH's inside the Beltway on the SE side of town:

- College at Gulf Freeway in South Houston (about 4 miles outside the Loop)

- Fairmont Parkway, a few blocks inside the Beltway in Pasadena (about 1/2 mile inside the Beltway)

- Richey Rd at 225 in Pasadena (about 3 miles outside the Loop)

- Almeda-Genoa just west of the Gulf Freeway (about 6 miles outside the Loop)

I passed more than one final exam at UH from my study sessions at the College Ave WH...greatly assisted by the energy provided in my double order of scattered-smothered-covered-chunked-topped-diced-and-peppered hash browns. :)

forgot about the one on college - that's not so bad

but yeah, to me the others are "way out"

forgot about the one on college - that's not so bad

but yeah, to me the others are "way out"

Not to be a butt about it, but the WH on Richey Rd at 225 is actually closer to the Loop than the College Ave WH, and the one on Almeda-Genoa is only one or two exits down the freeway from College Ave (which translates to 1 or 2 minutes further drive).

I'm here to help.

Enjoy your plate of sizzling fat! :P

Edited by Original Timmy Chan's

Not to be a butt about it, but the WH on Richey Rd at 225 is actually closer to the Loop than the College Ave WH, and the one on Almeda-Genoa is only one or two exits down the freeway from College Ave (which translates to 1 or 2 minutes further drive).

I'm here to help.

Enjoy your plate of sizzling fat! :P

well, i was more familiar to the other because i lived closer to it.

now, everything out that way is "far"

:P

How about Dixie's Diner (a few spread out) and Dot's Coffee House (on 45 southbound near the South Loop exchange)?

Anybody tried those 24 hour grease spoons before? I've seen these circa 2005 when I was in Houston last...

Don't know about Dixies but Dot is owned by the Pappas family and is real good.

Don't forget: Steak and Shake coming to the Woodlands.

Marty

• 3 months later...

We have a diner that opened in Magnolia a few years ago, The Magnolia Diner of course, and initally they were 24 hour, but found out that the streets are usually rolled up by midnight during the week. I think they are still 24 hour on Fri & Sat. Wonder if Huddle House is coming anywhere near the far northside?

I used to enjoy the Champ's. They were 24 hour. Are they still around?

that ain't coming.....but who knows...lol

I hear that's the place but Houston for odd reasons gets passed over by alot of places when it comes to fast food restaurants

I'm in Shreveport recently and I see a place called Cheeburger, Cheeburger and Fatburger and those places actually serve real burgers...it's everywhere else except Houston.

that ain't coming.....but who knows...lol

I hear that's the place but Houston for odd reasons gets passed over by alot of places when it comes to fast food restaurants

I'm in Shreveport recently and I see a place called Cheeburger, Cheeburger and Fatburger and those places actually serve real burgers...it's everywhere else except Houston.

Checking out the Cheeburger Cheeburger website, it looks like they're looking to expand with Houston being one of the many mentioned territories.

Same story for Fatburger...

Nobody's taken the leap on either just yet. Give it time though.

• 3 months later...

Finally spotted a sign for a Huddle House coming soon on FM 2920 & Falvel Rd in Spring (far north Harris county). Now as far as it getting built, who knows. It happens to be just a few miles east of the new Sizzler.