Conroe Has Hills

Trae

I didn't even know that until yesterday. They are pretty big hills, too. I was on League Line Road, going to see our possible new vacation home up there. I liked the wooded areas and hills. I wish all of Houston was like that.

You don't really have to get much outside of the Houston metro area before you get to the "hills"...well if you go west and north. Hempstead has its start of the hill country. Conroe is a very nice area though. It's too bad you only now got to realize this.

Every "lake" in Texas is fake except for Caddo Lake. Lakes are formed naturally. Resevoirs are man made. So, in the sense that Conroe is man made, it would be a fake lake, but a real resevoir.

Also Eagle Mountain Lake is natural reservoir a couple of miles west of Fort Worth but most lakes were impounded in the 1950s though the 1970s ,Lake Houston early 1950's but the rest were constructed in the late 1960's early 1970's like Conroe, Livingston and the lakes on the Sabine River.

We were on League Line Road, and then we started going downhill for a while. I was licC "What the hell, since when did the Houston area have this!"

We have lots of rolling hills in western Montgomery Co. Next time you're up this way Trae, come on out eith Hwy 105 or FM 1097 until you get to FM 149, turn north there and taking a rolling hill drive through the Sam Houston National Forest. It's really sweet on a scooter, but it's even nice in a cage too. I ride it on a regular basis, very relaxing.

Also Eagle Mountain Lake is natural reservoir a couple of miles west of Fort Worth but most lakes were impounded in the 1950s though the 1970s ,Lake Houston early 1950's but the rest were constructed in the late 1960's early 1970's like Conroe, Livingston and the lakes on the Sabine River.

From http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/...eagle_mountain/

Eagle Mountain Lake

Location: On the West Fork Trinity River, just north of Fort Worth and Lake Worth in Tarrant County

Surface area: 8,738 acres

Maximum depth: 47 feet

Impounded: 1932

• 7 months later...
I've got property in Belleville which has wonderful rolling hills, and it's only 45 minutes from Downtown.

I wish these hills extended a little further into the Houston metro. That would have been great, but Houston is sprawling into the hills, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I wish these hills extended a little further into the Houston metro. That would have been great, but Houston is sprawling into the hills, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Houston may be flat but it's alot easier on the old transmission. ^_^

• 5 months later...

Just to the north of IAH, the terrain starts to roll. At the intersection of Kingwood Dr. and Sorters-Mclellen Rd., there's a "Houston City Limits" sign, and behind the sign, the terrain is doing a little "roll" thing. That's about as close as you're going to get to natural hills in Houston proper.

• 3 months later...
We have lots of rolling hills in western Montgomery Co. Next time you're up this way Trae, come on out eith Hwy 105 or FM 1097 until you get to FM 149, turn north there and taking a rolling hill drive through the Sam Houston National Forest. It's really sweet on a scooter, but it's even nice in a cage too. I ride it on a regular basis, very relaxing.

Hubby and I are planning on a "road trip" over there. We just moved to Lake Conroe last year and still getting to know the area.

• The title was changed to Conroe Has Hills

Archived