Do you like bad music?

KimberlySayWhat

The other day I was feeling nostalgic and got my Joey Lawrence CD out of my collection, ripped a song and put it onto my MP3 player. I'll admit it's a terrible song. I mean, it contains a lyric that goes, "but lately you've been acting like I smell like a zoo". It's a bad song and he's a bad singer. So why do I love it so much? It's sentimental. I can listen to it and totally get into it. If someone were to ask me if they could listen to my MP3 player and I let them and they found that song, I'd probably be embarrassed. But so what.

So tell me, do you admit to liking bad music? Give me an example because I'm curious.

If you're interested, here's a link to my current guilty pleasure:

YouTube presents Joey Lawrence - Nothin' My Love Can't Fix:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8XlpzrUpH8s

Enjoy.

Yeah boyieeeee!

So tell me, do you admit to liking bad music? Give me an example because I'm curious.

I won't admit to genuinely liking it, but on occaision, really bad songs will come up on Accuradio's Classic Rocktopia playlist. In between a hardcore Zeppelin and a groovy Hendrix will get stuck Paul McCartney's akward and bouncy Prince Albert/Admiral Halsey tracks.

I can't stand the disruption in mood, but won't skip that particular song, either, like I will with 80's hair bands.

I welcome a disruption of mood when I'm listening to music. I'm a moody person anyway. During the time I'm listening to music I usually just let it dictate my mood. You probably won't find anything too depressing in there, though.

Well, I guess it isn't the disruption so much as it is the manner of the disruption. It's one thing to shift around within a category. But to go from Voodoo Child to Admiral Halsey is just...odd.

MidtownCoog:

What's really bad is he sings "how you feeling at night" but in the video it's day time.

Maybe it's 7pm in June.

But making fun or early 90s videos is kinda dumb.

That's a given for most of them.

It's a given for more current videos, too. I saw one the other day with Hulk Hogan's daughter and Paul Wall. In the video these girls were about to fight, but instead had a dance-off. It was so cheesy. 99% of them are.

The worst song i heard in a long time is Blackeye peas, my hump.

I take it U've never heard K-Fed try to rap yet, have U? Check this video out on my myspace. Homeboy's trying to impress in the studio :unsure:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...deoid=649558193

It just seems like each year, the songs get more catchy, but the lyrics get less pointless. Case in point, the hits of 2006:

2005:

Gwen Stephani - Hollaback Girl

D4L-Laffy Taffy

Then when U thought it couldn't get anymore pointless...

2006:

DJ Webstar - Chicken Noodle Soup

Fergie - London Bridge and Fergielicious

2-3 note tracks like Shoulder Lean, It's Going Down, Tell me where to go, Come to Me, or 85% of the hip-hop club tracks to come out this year. WHERE'S THE LYRICS???!!! It's just a good beat, with words that make the song sound like watered-down beer. Kayne West, OutKast, and Lupe Fiasco need to do something quick before hip-hop becomes as bland as mainstream 104 "rock."

The other day I was feeling nostalgic and got my Joey Lawrence CD out of my collection, ripped a song and put it onto my MP3 player. I'll admit it's a terrible song. I mean, it contains a lyric that goes, "but lately you've been acting like I smell like a zoo". It's a bad song and he's a bad singer. So why do I love it so much? It's sentimental. I can listen to it and totally get into it. If someone were to ask me if they could listen to my MP3 player and I let them and they found that song, I'd probably be embarrassed. But so what.

If you're interested, here's a link to my current guilty pleasure:

YouTube presents Joey Lawrence - Nothin' My Love Can't Fix:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8XlpzrUpH8s

Enjoy.

Yeah boyieeeee!

ummmm, i couldn't even stand 5 sec of Blossom's brother singing :huh: of course, given that I knwo it was blossom's brother will probably crucify me :wacko:

I been following Rap music since 1981. I was a Break Dance Guru. K fed is a disgrace the industry.

Cool site DJ ;)

there is an interesting history on hip hop you might be ineterested in playing on encore right now...I'm listening to it, but that just dulls the knife further as I am a token white girl...

Edited by wendyps

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion because he's mega-huge, but I think Justin Lumberjack is posibly the most cornball singer currently performing. Even more so as a solo artist than back in the boy band days. As MidtownCoog explained, some are just a given. Boy bands of the late '90s are a given. Recently there was a British singer who said this about Lumberjack, "

I take it U've never heard K-Fed try to rap yet, have U? Check this video out on my myspace. Homeboy's trying to impress in the studio :unsure:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...deoid=649558193

It just seems like each year, the songs get more catchy, but the lyrics get less pointless. Case in point, the hits of 2006:

2005:

Gwen Stephani - Hollaback Girl

D4L-Laffy Taffy

Then when U thought it couldn't get anymore pointless...

2006:

DJ Webstar - Chicken Noodle Soup

Fergie - London Bridge and Fergielicious

2-3 note tracks like Shoulder Lean, It's Going Down, Tell me where to go, Come to Me, or 85% of the hip-hop club tracks to come out this year. WHERE'S THE LYRICS???!!! It's just a good beat, with words that make the song sound like watered-down beer. Kayne West, OutKast, and Lupe Fiasco need to do something quick before hip-hop becomes as bland as mainstream 104 "rock."

"This is a Brazilian Ass Shaker right here... Can I say that?"

Oh god, If I ever decide to kill myself, I know who to take with me.