Texas Pride

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

I am Texas born and Texas proud, how about you? I have heard many times from friends and co-workers the world over that the Texans are like the proudest people in America. Do you think that is true?

I personally complain about being away from home too long and cannot wait to get back. After being gone away from home, I look forward to the statements from the flight attendants that says Continental-U S Airways-Lufthansa-British Airways, etc. welcomes you to Houston, Texas :):):):)

Our nation is the greatest on the face of this Earth and Texas is the GREASTEST part of our nation, and dont you ever forget it!!!! I believe that today, yesterday and will believe it tomorrow.;);)

Houston, you don't like Shiner? Mmm...yummy!

I like Texas because.....does ANY other state do a special issue for their Trucks or SUV's? HE*L NO! Only in Texas. Even Nissan does a Texas branding of their Titan. Gotta love it! I always told hubby if we buy a Tahoe I want the Lone Star Flag Chevy badge on the front. I think it looks so nice!

There is nothing like a Texas man, that is for sure, no matter how citified he is, no matter if he has never sat in a saddle, he is STILL a cowboy, you can hear it in his voice, it's in his manners and the way he carries himself. A Texan gent holds the door open for you and treats you like a bit of princess....at least mine does! :)

I am Texas born and Texas proud, how about you? I have heard many times from friends and co-workers the world over that the Texans are like the proudest people in America. Do you think that is true?

I'm a native Houstonian, and yep, Texans are some of the proudest people on the planet.

But living in South Carolina for the last three years has left me with the impression that South Carolinians rank a close second. A lot of it has to do with state history. I read a story recently that said even though the Texas flag is the most recognizable state flag in the nation, South Carolina's is second.

I will share this with you all here. Im so Texas proud i wanted my sons born in Texas, so while i was out fighting the Cold War, i sent my wife to Houston to stay with my parents in the last months of her pregnancy, both times :) I wanted my boys born in Texas. Crazy to some, i know :lol::lol::lol:

I get hell about being too Texas proud all the time. I am sixth generation Texan born in Houston. I had an Gr Gr Gr Grandfather fight at San Jacinto. People everywhere understand Texas proud.

Texas born, Texas breed and when I die I'll be Texas dead.

Born and raised in Texas, damn proud of it. Family relocated here in 1833 from Mooresville NC, settled in what was then Boonville, TX. Now commonly known as Bryan.

Barnes1.jpg

Took nine wagons to move this bunch of tarheels out here, took 4 months to make the trek. This is the first regular home built in 1889, before then they had lived in log cabins. This was the family reunion of 1895. That home still stands today out on Dilly Shaw Tap Rd in Brazos County.

Would be great to see what it looks like today. Has it changed much over the years?

I think that China-berry tree ( Melia azedarach ) is not around anymore. Their life expectancy is around 35 - 50 years the oldest one i seen was planted in 1966 on Bertrand street in Aldine Texas and it has a 12 inch bole.

I am sixth generation Texan born in Houston. I had an Gr Gr Gr Grandfather fight at San Jacinto.

Cool. One of my ancestors, wife to the 1st Lieutenant of the Robinson company of volunteers from Harrisburg, designed the Dodson flag, which flew at Gonzales, San Antonio, and Washington-on-the-Brazos on March 2, 1836, the day that the Texas Declaration of Independence was signed. Unfortunately, the husband contracted measles from some children while supporting the runaway scrape and had to sit out San Jacinto on the other side of the Buffalo Bayou.

I've got eight Texas generations in my bloodline from my dad's side and at least five on my mom's.

yes, this definitely needs a now counterpart - it would be really interesting to see

here's another link:

:lol: Too funny :lol:

I never really thought about being a Texan. I'm an American first and a Texan second. I just don't have the need to be in the "mine's bigger than yours" crowd. ^_^

i can't help but think of this everytime i see this thread title.

8d_1_sbl.JPG

It's a bad sign when you're the CHEAP beer made by Pearl Brewing company... :(

Of course, I still think Texas Pride beats Olympia ("Good Luck"). Any beer that tells you "Good Luck" right on the can is another bad idea.

In a similar vein, I think Thunderbird should have a label that says "Is your life insurance premium paid up?"

Mmmm...thanks to Combat Kroger on Cullen and the "Rika Stoh" on Scott Street (where the ID check was, "you 21 right?") for all the bad nights and even worse mornings my freshman year at UH.

It's a bad sign when you're the CHEAP beer made by Pearl Brewing company... :(

Of course, I still think Texas Pride beats Olympia ("Good Luck"). Any beer that tells you "Good Luck" right on the can is another bad idea.

In a similar vein, I think Thunderbird should have a label that says "Is your life insurance premium paid up?"

Mmmm...thanks to Combat Kroger on Cullen and the "Rika Stoh" on Scott Street (where the ID check was, "you 21 right?") for all the bad nights and even worse mornings my freshman year at UH.

Now Pabst brewing co. owns Olympia, Pearl and Lonestar. :o

Now Pabst brewing co. owns Olympia, Pearl and Lonestar. :o

My, what a prestigious portfolio :)

I think Texas could use a few more microbreweries, especially in Houston. That would be a nice, subtle way to spread Texas pride to other states. Assuming, of course, we don't drink it all here :)

I think Texas could use a few more microbreweries, especially in Houston. That would be a nice, subtle way to spread Texas pride to other states. Assuming, of course, we don't drink it all here :)

I still want to buy an old church and install brewing equipment. Call it holy spirits.

Archived