Golf Course/Country Club On Bissonnet St.

Golf Course/Country club on Bissonnet near Dairy Ashford ?

The other day I drove down Bissonnet from highway 6 to beltway 8 and I passed a Golf Course/Country club on the north side of Bissonnet. For those of you who havent been down Bissonnet recently, its had a lot of bland strip shopping centers developed, that are all primarily Vietnamese/Chinese/Hispanic business's.

Im pretty amazed at there being a golf course in this area, and it seems like it was built way before these strip shopping centers were built, and before the area was really developed.

It reminds me of the Golf Course on Bellaire near gessner that was developed for a primarily white middle class neighborhood at the time, and is now very racially mixed, with low to moderate income people.

Ill bet in time, the changing demographics of this area will force the country club/golf course to be razed and they'll put strip shopping centers with more Vietnamese restaurants in its place.

Anyone have any history on this golf course/country club ? Is it still in business ?

• The title was changed to Golf Course/Country Club On Bissonnet St. Near Dairy Ashford Rd.
  • The title was changed to Golf Course/Country Club On Bissonnet St.