Mini Murals Houston Traffic Signal Boxes

Pumapayam

I'm sure Councilmembers Lovell and Garcia would love to see this since they are behind the drive to update the current graffitti ordinance.

I heard it is posted like a sticker, rather than paint, so it can be pulled off like a poster.

Waldo is unoriginal. They are just copying someone else's work and pasting it up all over town.

YAR!, Give Up, Failure and DUAL are street artists who are legit and original.

The one I see most of on the Westside of town, is some very weak@$$ punk, that calls himself Bingo. All he does is put his name, LOL!, he might as well draw a stick figure.

That's my website, but I'm not the Waldo guy. I just noted his work and took a couple of pix of my own.

As you can see from my site, the Waldo guy has a Flickr page for his stuff:

http://flickr.com/photos/mrwaldo/

Alas, some of his Waldos are decaying. The one at Alabama and Shepherd is in particularly bad shape.

i'm not sure i like it -

where's waldo?

he's right #*@#ing there! and huge!

:lol::lol::lol:

i would like this project more if the waldo was temporary and being used as a prop.

if someone took a landscape photograph and waldo was in it sort of like the book, but a photo.

oh, someone said kudos referring to one of the waldo postings so i also assumed it was yours.

Nope. I like the guy's work and don't want to get any undeserved credit for it. He put up the Waldos and created the Flickr page. All I did was notice, take a few pix of two of his installations, and blog about it.

I love the dumpster inbetween taxi tacxi and mint.

I don't care if its waldo, or a pac man (copying something). Its funky, its 80's, its cheap, 'plastic', dull, square, fake, and everything else that may be wonderful or wrong with Montrose, it goes with the feeling, the environment. The whole city comes together there... South Beach, american apparel, buffalo exchange, agora, shotgun houses, new mid-rise condos, graffiti, the smelly drain by Katz, Metro buses, skybar, Krogers, Old & brand new cars.

Your only a mile from everything, point in any direction, and your pointing at the places around Houston that mean something.

ok, sorry, that was long & pointless.

Nope. I like the guy's work and don't want to get any undeserved credit for it. He put up the Waldos and created the Flickr page. All I did was notice, take a few pix of two of his installations, and blog about it.

Is that the offthekuff guy?

That's my website, but I'm not the Waldo guy. I just noted his work and took a couple of pix of my own.

woops, sorry about that!

I noticed you said you were interested in the weird stuff about the heights...friday I found a house sitting one story high on 5th street...I think I'll take a pic and post about it here...it was very odd!!!

Is that the offthekuff guy?

I'm the offthekuff guy, yes. Not the Waldo guy, however.

woops, sorry about that!

I noticed you said you were interested in the weird stuff about the heights...friday I found a house sitting one story high on 5th street...I think I'll take a pic and post about it here...it was very odd!!!

Yep, I love the Heights - that's where I live - and all the odd little things you can find in it. I'd love to see your pic.

Does anyone else notice all the Waldo's popping up in Houston?

238656722_8e4e71e201_m.jpg

I dunno if these are related, but when I drove through Montrose last week, I noticed a random shoe, a cane, a stray dog, and an unfamiliar dude with a long beard and fruity wizard-looking uniform laying in random spots throughout...

• The title was changed to Where's Waldo
  • The title was changed to Mini Murals Houston Traffic Signal Boxes

Archived