So I've been in Houston for a couple months now. Where are the hair styling places? Are they just known by another name here? I say that becuase all the laundromats I've seen are known as Washaterias (which frankly sounds ridiculous to me)...Does this go the same for a hair styling place? I have yet to see a barber shop, I've seen a few spas...are those it? :( I apologize if this is in the wrong board. But can someone help me? I'm not looking for a barber shop...where can you get a trendy male haircut here in Montrose? or adjacent areas. Thanks

I go to Sammi at Touch of Red. She's aboslutely brilliant and funny.

I'm extremely picky since my guy in Allentown (I miss you, Enzo) would cut my hair perfectly every time and I never had to breathe a word. I tend to shy away from people that don't know the words "texture" or "layers" .. or, in Lexington, "texture scissors."

A good cheap place that does great work are the multiple Vietnamese salons that dot midtown.

The one's that don't bother to clean there equiptment while it scratches your head? Or the ones where they speak vietamese real loud in your ear while they work?

The one's that don't bother to clean there equiptment while it scratches your head? Or the ones where they speak vietamese real loud in your ear while they work?

The ones that don't care that you're racist.

Last time I was at Visible Changes, I didn't see them clean the clippers, or scissors or comb, so please, don't even go there.

• 1 year later...

Rise from the dead my pretties.

Seriously I need a cut. I used to do the faux-hawk thing but have been letting my hair grow since mid August. Twas time for something new. Anyone been to Vertigo on Westheimer? Looking for a good place that'll know what they're doing even if I don't know what I want :ph34r: Visible Changes? x_x

• 1 month later...

Azur Salon, on Shepherd Drive (between Richmond and W. Alabama near Hwy. 59) is a great salon. I have been going there for a couple of years now. The staff is very helpful, and the design of the salon is very cool. No attitude...it is just a very nice, relaxed salon to get your hair cut. You can even book your appointment on-line. www.azursalon.com

Azure Salon - Shepard near Richmond

Jerry Whites (I forget the exact name) - W Gray near Taft

Mane Hair Co - Waugh at Allen Parkway

....and welcome to Houston!!

It's Azur Salon on Shepherd Drive near Richmond Ave.

Edited by houstoncougar