Those final pictures are from Harborside Drive. The wall facing the street was built to hide the central plant, and cooling tower equipment. Before that wall was built in the early 1990's you could still see the section end of the original seawall. It ended at Water St. and went south down 6th St. (present University Blvd) and turned southwest at Broadway. You can still see the top of it along 6th St. as part of the sidewalk, especially in front of Arlan's Market.

• Like 1

l6tk.pngkvxj.jpgu7tr.jpgrdvk.jpgo8gk.png

395x.jpg

I couldn't take many pics inside because my main boss was there and the staff for Jennie Sealy do not appreciate workers on their cell phones. We were given warnings during orientation. Unfortunately I won't be able to contribute any more pics because I am back in Houston. 

Edited by xsatyr
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Notice the pink porta potty in post #23's pictures. Ladies used to have to share with the guys back in my days in construction. 

Cussing, foul language, and smoking were normal activities on construction sites of yesteryear. Things have improved so much in recent years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess I should of been more specific, I meant the new building. sorry for the confusion. 

Aaah, sorry about that. Right now, there's no rendering available. An article on it was released but I can't find it at the moment.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston is set to open its new Jennie Sealy Hospital following a nearly four-year construction period of the 765,000-square-foot hospital.

The health system, which is the largest employer on the island, celebrated the completion of the project with a dedication ceremony Feb. 26 with U.S. Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) and University of Texas Chancellor William McRaven. It will begin accepting patients in April.

25010779039_597163a381_b.jpg
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to UTMB Galveston Campus
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to UTMB Health Galveston Campus
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to UTMB Health Galveston Campus
  • 9 months later...