Finger Furniture At 4001 Gulf Fwy.

Pumapayam

After 79-Years Finger Furniture Leaves Downtown
Houston Business Journal - August 4, 2006

Finger Furniture Company Inc. is moving its headquarters to Sugar Land, where it will also operate a 500,000-square-foot distribution facility capable of holding more than $50 million in inventory.

Construction on the new Sugar land facilities will begin in September and be completed by May 2007.

I wonder what will become of the old building, maybe a future home of some urban lofts?

Damn. I heard about this on the radio and was hoping that the Gulf Freeway location would be closed and demolished, making way for residential redevelopment, as you suggested. But if the showroom stays in place, I'll bet that nothing much happens with the property.

The South Loop location isn't well-suited to residential use. Stranger things have happened, but I'll bet that it either sits vacant for a long time or reverts to raw land.

The South Loop location isn't well-suited to residential use. Stranger things have happened, but I'll bet that it either sits vacant for a long time or reverts to raw land.

We all the development on the east side of Downtown trickling down Navigation, I think it will become a viable spot for future development too.

Hopefully they will not just sit on it.

Damn. I heard about this on the radio and was hoping that the Gulf Freeway location would be closed and demolished, making way for residential redevelopment, as you suggested.

Yeah, but where will residents of these new residential developments get their furniture from? :D

Actually, I wish they would do something with the University Inn site adjacent to Finger's.

Yeah, but where will residents of these new residential developments get their furniture from? :D

Actually, I wish they would do something with the University Inn site adjacent to Finger's.

I thought that was just remodelled? senior housing i thought.

Hopefully they will not just sit on it.

Come to think of it, one of the nightmare scenarios for my Eastwood investment is that UH buys the Foley's and Finger's warehouses and relocates its satelite parking lots across the freeway in order to make room for future expansion of the campus.

So on second thought, they can sit on it for as long as they like.

• The title was changed to After 79-Years Finger Furniture Leaves Downtown
  • The title was changed to Finger Furniture At 4001 Gulf Fwy.

Archived