Kings Harbor: Mixed-Use Development At 1660 W. Lake Houston Pkwy.

Jonah

Has anybody heard or seen anything about this development. I went to the website www.kings-harbor.com and it looks to be something pretty decent looking. Along the lines of the Sugar Land and Woodlands town square but with Lake Houston as a back drop. That should make it stand out a bit from the others. They should put some harbor so boats could dock at the entrance. That would make it really appealing. I've always wondered why Clear Lake hasn't done anything like this yet. I would figure being so close to the water would make it a worthwhile proposition. Anyway the developer of this Kingwood project is the same group that recently purchased Town & Country mall and plans to turn that into a mix use project.

• 3 months later...
http://www.kings-harbor.com/

kingsharborrendering2.jpg

I can't even put into words what this would do for the Bayou revitalization near downtown, but I guess the suburbs these days have to have their little downtowns too.  :rolleyes:

Yep, that seems to be the latest trend. Isn't the Woodlands getting something like this aswell? While we get stuck with little or nothing <_<

.....Go Stros :lol:

• 5 months later...

Has anyone heard about the Skylake Village that will go up in Kingwood? The Town Center is said to be bigger than The Woodlands', and the entire development (condos, retail, restaurants), will be about 2 million square feet!

Link: Kingwood.com Discussion with links to more info

I would love to have a bigger commercial center in the Kingwood area - I think it's been underserved for too long.

The developer will be Zane Segal. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

Woah, hot dogs. :D

403_Skylake_Hotel_Conference_Center_Rendering_-_1234.GIF

Skylake Resort will have 200 guest rooms and suites, a spa and fitness facility, tropical pool, an extensive conference center, and ballroom.

295_skylake_sandy_4.JPG

Skylake Village will be one of the largest suburban town centers in the Houston region at nearly two million square feet.

295_skylake_sandy_1.JPG

Three and four-story urban-scale buildings with retail and restaurants on the ground floor and condominiums and offices above

403_skylake_land_plan__July_25.JPG

I didn't know that Kingswood had 65,000 people...?!! :mellow:

Skylake Island, in the midst of over 40 acres (17 hectares) of lakes, will be the center of commercial life, with sidewalk caf

• 5 weeks later...

Archived