US 90 Freeway Extension

Guest Plastic

BTW they are doing construction on the I-10/90 Junction.

But yes we need more retail/office sapce. Both hotspots ar at junctions of HWY 90. 90 and The Belt is good. 90 and 610 is good also.

I'm going to ge tout of Houston ASAP. I will probrbaly be moving to Westside-Katy.

• 1 month later...
Some people on the Kingwood forum stated that the disliked Crosby ISD because some kids will have to go to "Barrett" for first and second grades - Barrett apparently is a rough place.

See http://www.kingwoodunderground.com/topic.jsp?topicId=4132059

I linked to this thread, noting that suburban housing may come soon!

All children in Crosby who go to public schools go to same school depending on their grade.

Crosby Kindergarten - preK & K

Barret Primary - 1 & 2 grade, it's located on FM 1942, not in Barret's black neighborhood.

Newport Elementary - 3 & 4 grade

Drew Intermediate - 5 & 6 grade, this school is located in Barret Station

Crosby Middle - 7 & 8 grade

Crosby High - 9-12 grade.

This system is the result of discrimination case in 1960s when Crosby ISD lost it's license because Crosby schools were very white, and Barret schools were very black. They had to place all the kids together to get their license back.

Due to future construction this system doesn't work anymore, and Crosby will probably need to convert present primary, elementary and intermediate campuses to three 1-5 elementary schools plus to build another elementary and 2 middle schools.

The last demographic research states that there is space for about 4000 new houses, and the beginning of construction depends only on the water supply. Neither Newport MUD nor Crosby MUD facilities can provide enough water in the present time. A proposed residential community behind Wal-Mart is going to build it's own water facility outside Crosby MUD.

All these stories told on the Kingwood forum is BS. Nobody searches kids in regular buses. It PROBABLY can happen on the bus that takes children to alternative school, but I have never seen anything like this myself. And I live in Crosby.

Archived