Supertrack Family Fun Center At 8930 Gulf Fwy.

foxmulder

Anyone know what's going on at supertrac? I drove past and saw a few bumper cars(or go carts) being loaded. The track looked like it was being converted into a parking lot they had a bunch of yellow parking bumps on the track.

• Like 1

Anyone know what's going on at supertrac? I drove past and saw a few bumper cars(or go carts) being loaded. The track looked like it was being converted into a parking lot they had a bunch of yellow parking bumps on the track.

Well, Astroworld folded. It's only natural that other amusement parks would follow suit. As I said on this forum a week or two ago, I think that because of the Internet, DVDs, video games, etc., that people are having fun simply staying at home instead of going out to amusement parks, drive-in movie theatres, roller rinks, etc., the places that I went to as a kid for entertainment and recreation. All that we had at home back then was a black and white TV and a record player. That wasn't enough to keep us home even for half of the time on my dad's days off from work.

Well, Astroworld folded. It's only natural that other amusement parks would follow suit. As I said on this forum a week or two ago, I think that because of the Internet, DVDs, video games, etc., that people are having fun simply staying at home instead of going out to amusement parks, drive-in movie theatres, roller rinks, etc., the places that I went to as a kid for entertainment and recreation. All that we had at home back then was a black and white TV and a record player. That wasn't enough to keep us home even for half of the time on my dad's days off from work.

There's a new drive-in in the Houston area (near Tomball) that we went to last weekend. It was very nice, clean, great price, and packed! We had a great time and will probably go every month or 2. Here's the link:

http://www.theshowboatdrivein.com/

Chet i beg to differ, on several occasions i have been to Kemah, Six Flags OVer texas and Fiesta texas both this year and last year it has been packed! No DVD or video game could replace memories at an amusement park!

Chet i beg to differ, on several occasions i have been to Kemah, Six Flags OVer texas and Fiesta texas both this year and last year it has been packed! No DVD or video game could replace memories at an amusement park!

I was simply stating my personal belief/theory. I'm certainly not right even half of the time. Like I've told people on this forum, I believed back in the late 1970s/early 1980s when the VCR came out, that the result would be all movie theatres going out of business. Well, it turned out that most drive-in theatres closed, but there are still quite a few indoor theatres still in operation. In the Chronicle ads, I saw two of them had 30 screens!

Yes, you're right. No form of home entertainment could ever replace my memories of Astroworld, Peppermint Park, Busch Gardens, etc.

• The title was changed to Supertrack Family Fun Center At 8930 Gulf Fwy.