Splashtown USA Water Park At 21300 Interstate 45 N.

Good explanation of what's wrong at Six Flags.

Link

i know this sounds evil, but you guys have to forgive me for hoping that Six Flags goes under. I hate what they're doing to Houston and other Southern Regions. I agree that it doesn't make sense to leave the one open in NO. New Orleans won't bring them any $ for a while , thus they should allow SixFlags to buy themselves out of the lease.

However, the one up here in Denver seems to be doing fairly well because every time i pass by dt denver, the place looks pretty lively. It may be an optical illusion though. Last time i set foot in Elitch Gardens was highschool graduation in 1998.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would almost make sense for a Busch Gardens to appear here, considering the business ties to Houston Budweiser has. Apparently, there was a Busch Gardens here at one point, but not any rides or anything, just gardens as it originally was.

I remember going to Busch Gardens. I seriously think I was in a stroller at the time. It was a 1 10 and 610 East, maybe?? Over towards Galena Park.

We already know that Six Flags is not a company to be taken seriously. I thought something was fishy when they started pursuing Fiesta Texas. They were trying to become a monopoly. Probably would have pursued Disney if they had the cash.

In the process, we lose our two biggest theme parks. Houston would be a GREAT investment for a theme park/thrill ride company. Only thing I know is that Astroworld and Splashtown weren't in trouble because people weren't into theme parks. It was because Six Flags is currently lousy.

We should check out FIFA. They're building three theme parks around the world, including one in Miami. We should also check out Busch Gardens, because there isn't a Texas location, and it could easily compete with San Antonio's theme parks.

Lastly, I would LOVE to see Universal or Paramount build a theme park here. They should all be pursued by HCHSA, so taxes from the theme park's revenue could be used to pay off the stadiums and the Dome debts.

There WAS a Busch gardens here before. Don't think they would come back!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
I haven't been to splashtown in years (I'm sure it has hardly changed), but if the Schlitterbahn in Galveston is anything like the one in New Braunfels, Schlitterbahn hands down.

It's not, it's smaller, I'd still like to go, though... looks like it has fun slides.

It's not, it's smaller, I'd still like to go, though... looks like it has fun slides.

Yeah, I kinda figured it was smaller, but the quality of rides they have are ten times better.

And yeah, they supposedly have a new ride going in this year too.

Edited by lockmat

Yeah, I kinda figured it was smaller, but the quality of rides they have are ten times better.

And yeah, they supposedly have a new ride going in this year too.

Shlitz Galv is nothing like the real one in NB. What makes the real one a success and contributes to the ride quality is the environment the original was carved into.

It may carry the Shlitz name.. but its going to be much closer to the lameness of spashtown than it is the awesomeness of the real Shlitterbahn.

Shlitz Galv is nothing like the real one in NB. What makes the real one a success and contributes to the ride quality is the environment the original was carved into.

It may carry the Shlitz name.. but its going to be much closer to the lameness of spashtown than it is the awesomeness of the real Shlitterbahn.

That's sad. Plus no freezing cold river water. Do they even have any of the cool rides like the surfing one or the tube ride that shoots you up?

Size wise, I think Spashtown has an advantage, but SB has that interesting waiting while in the water design that really makes your time there more interesting, rather than standing around outside the water.

I think the cheaper price of Splashtown will attract more riff raff too and make it more crowded.

Go for SB, give Splashtown a reason to renovate and innovate more to complete, don't settle.

• 1 month later...
I haven't been to splashtown in years (I'm sure it has hardly changed), but if the Schlitterbahn in Galveston is anything like the one in New Braunfels, Schlitterbahn hands down.

I hope SB Galveston is not EXACTLY like SB New Braunfels

Have you been to SBNB they have all these roach/criket thing all over

but thats pretty much the only bad thing except the waiting in SBNB

Ive been to Splashtown,though its pretty fun B)

I hope SB Galveston is not EXACTLY like SB New Braunfels

Have you been to SBNB they have all these roach/criket thing all over

but thats pretty much the only bad thing except the waiting in SBNB

Ive been to Splashtown,though its pretty fun B)

And with that post citizen4rmptown becomes the latest winner in the HAIF Summer Post Card Contest.

Your prize:

gallery_1_86_260241.jpg

PM me your mailing address and I'll get it out to you.