pictures of the presidential limo...

Reagan's looks like the Popemobile.

Nixon and Ford's looks like a hearse.

And the current Bush's limo doesn't seem to have much trunk space. Though, I guess he's not really schlepping his own bags around these days.

Reagan's looks like the Popemobile.

Nixon and Ford's looks like a hearse.

And the current Bush's limo doesn't seem to have much trunk space. Though, I guess he's not really schlepping his own bags around these days.

Interesting about the trunk, in the Eisenhower limos, there was no trunk space. The trunk actually housed an oversized airconditioning unit

Does the President decide the limo for his term?

Not sure, but i remember when President Clinton forst got his Caddys. They were the biggest limos ever of any US President. He had a fleet of 3 Cadillac Fleetwoods. Total cost was right around 10 million dollars. Who says the leader of the free world doesnt ride in style :)

You missed the most famous of all

scalp.jpg

I saw her the day before at the Rice as a cub scout.

I believe that afterwards that limo was restored and repainted, and Johnson kept using it for a while.

Does the President decide the limo for his term?

I think so, but it looks like it's been nonstop Cadillacs for a long time now.

Probably will be Caddys for some time to come...isn't the Town Car being discontinued? Perhaps Lincoln will keep it on for limo and livery service, but they might be giving up the market like Chevrolet did with their Caprice pursuit vehicles.

The Town Car is slated to be discontinued, here is its replacement.......wonder what it would look like in limo form........ Its called for now, Lincoln MKS

Looks pretty fly. I guess they are going away from the boxy look. I would drive that car. I bet it handles nicely and has all sorts of cool gadgets. I am sure sticker price would knock me over. I am thinking $45k +.

This is for DJ.....it took me a while, but i found the pics. Theres a Caddy Escalade for presidents. This one was geared toward Bush 41 as well as Clinton. I do not know if either took delivery of them yet....

An Escalade for President Bush?

Don't you mean 'Black Bush'?

050507_ChapelleCharacter_wi.standard.jpg

president_black_bush.jpg

Carters private limo

126e98x.jpg

Great pic. My uncle used to have a limo like that. When he died my step dad took the car and used to drive carpool in that thing. For some reason it was embarrasing as hell. I mean I was 14 and trying to get to first base. The other kids were getting dropped off in real cars.

Great pic. My uncle used to have a limo like that. When he died my step dad took the car and used to drive carpool in that thing. For some reason it was embarrasing as hell. I mean I was 14 and trying to get to first base. The other kids were getting dropped off in real cars.

So, you've been chasing Gold Diggers since you were 14? Is that what you're trying to say? :lol:

Oh DJ, also wanted to tell ya that the current president Bush may not get an Escalade after office. The Ford motor company is planning a presidential Excursion for him. I have no pics of it unfortunately :(

If you ever see an unusually large Caddy Escalade driving around Houston followed by black Suburbans and Excursions, its probably daddy Bush :) :) :) :)

I think we will have to go to Harlem, NY to see pres. Clinton in his Escalade :) :)

Archived