Valero Gas Station At 926 Westheimer Rd.

REALaw

Does that place and the immediate area around it still serve as a habitat for hookers and drug abusers?

You read my mind. If that station goes, all the homeless, hookers,etc will then head into the surrounding neighborhoods.

You read my mind. If that station goes, all the homeless, hookers,etc will then head into the surrounding neighborhoods.

They've been there for years and years.

Hey, they still have the Burger King, Taco Cabana and Interfaith Ministries to hang out at...

They've been there for years and years.

Hey, they still have the Burger King, Taco Cabana and Interfaith Ministries to hang out at...

They're's part of what makes Montrose, Montrose. And they also deter dull, judgemental scardy-cats from moving into the neighborhood, for which I'm grateful.

And they also deter dull, judgemental scardy-cats from moving into the neighborhood, for which I'm grateful.

Not really, those scaredy-cats just live on the 3rd floor of their condos behind their iron gates. Just like the homeless, hookers, etc... the scaredy-cats are there too, although I call them yuppies.

They're's part of what makes Montrose, Montrose. And they also deter dull, judgemental scardy-cats from moving into the neighborhood, for which I'm grateful.

Nothing like the site of drug crazed toothless street trash on the street corners coughing and spreading communicable diseases to keep me out........

Stopped at that station last yr to get gas and nearly had to beat the living ____ out of one of them...begging and missing teeth. Was pretty sad actually. Made me wonder if there are drug programs nearby to help those poor saps kick the habit. The fella looked about 45 but had the demeanor of a kid in his late teens early 20's minus several front teeth. Really sad. Are there any programs in that area for them?

Nothing like the site of drug crazed toothless street trash on the street corners coughing and spreading communicable diseases to keep me out........ Are there any programs in that area for them?

several. in the montrose area and downtown. i had a friend that

worked at SEARCH, she relayed some things to me that would

make most folks here ill. i did some volunteering at the bread

of life center downtown but it was not quite as hands on as her

experiences.

several. in the montrose area and downtown. i had a friend that

worked at SEARCH, she relayed some things to me that would

make most folks here ill. i did some volunteering at the bread

of life center downtown but it was not quite as hands on as her

experiences.

that's sad but i'm glad someone is helping. I know when i ride the train, i'm surprised at how many homeless i see either at the stations or on the train.

that's sad but i'm glad someone is helping. I know when i ride the train, i'm surprised at how many homeless i see either at the stations or on the train.

Didnt know they were at the stations and on the trains. Wasnt the reason for METRO removing the bus shelters was to stop the homeless from sleeping/urinating inside of them?

Didnt know they were at the stations and on the trains. Wasnt the reason for METRO removing the bus shelters was to stop the homeless from sleeping/urinating inside of them?

yeah but just downtown i think cause they are all over the east side. walk around the station by the foley's and you'll smell urine. the flower beds provide a perfect place.

i know a major issue for them at SEARCH was that

it is voluntary and the services were available to

drug-free participants or those willing to become

drug free. at that statement some left or failed drug

tests later on with no intentions of stopping.

it may have changed as this was in the late 90s.

i know a major issue for them at SEARCH was that

it is voluntary and the services were available to

drug-free participants or those willing to become

drug free. at that statement some left or failed drug

tests later on with no intentions of stopping.

it may have changed as this was in the late 90s.

Glad to hear there are programs in place to help. What sort of outfit is SEARCH? Non-profit? Take donations?

Any inof on it, or website i can read more about it?

Glad to hear there are programs in place to help. What sort of outfit is SEARCH? Non-profit? Take donations?

Any inof on it, or website i can read more about it?

The Covenant House is really nearby. About a block or two away. It's mostly for young runaways. A friend worked there for a while. He said that most of those teens are on some sort of Medication. Which would explain why this guy I new in my class at UHD started tripping after he got kicked out. He accused me of sending people after him to spy on him and left some weird messages on my v-mail and e-mail. I helped him as much as I could until he starting acting like that. Hard to rationalize with an irrational person. Most people who also knew him expect him to be dead or homeless by now :( .

I'm sure they take donations.

I love the classy teal blue and canary yellow of the new Valero.

Very exciting! <_<

I assume you are being sarcastic about the "classy blue and canary yellow?" I have to admit I do not like the exterior of these stores much, but I was impressed with the interior and all the goodies available. There a pretty cool magazine rack, they had a great selection of beer and the place was very clean. I have been a big fan of the Tiger Marts, but Valero is giving them a run for their money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Gas Station - Westheimer Rd. & Montrose Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Valero Gas Station At 926 Westheimer Rd.

Archived