Spaghetti Warehouse At 901 Commerce St.

Hehe interesting.

Would a houseboat in the bayou have to pay property taxes ? Would COH have the authority to tell them to move ?

HCAD has tried desperately in the past to tax houseboats, but snaffus in the way that boats are registered among various agencies can make it difficult to track down the owner. They've gone as far as writing down the name of license plates of every car in a marina, cross referencing with TXDoT, and billing the owners of the cars speculatively. Not very successful, as you can imagine.

By the way, is anybody aware of use fees charged to people who tie off at Allen's Landing?

Edited by TheNiche

Are you talking about Allen's Landing? If so, you're right that these are places to tie off boats. I can't recall anybody EVER using them, however. I've always wondered how the city would respond to a houseboat that decided to lay anchor there.

I saw a houseboat from Florida tied up there for about a week back in 2002.

• 1 year later...

I guess you at there for dinner. The lunch prices are about $7 or $8 for the lasagna and that comes with a salad.

The story goes... The pharmacist that worked there was carrying a load of something in his arms. He walked into the elevator, which was not there. He fell and was killed. There may be two ghosts, but the one I remember hearing of is the ghost of his wife that is there looking for him (still). The elevators at The Niels Esperson Building are supposed haunted as well.

"I have heard from a few people that this place was haunted? Any stories or possible disbeliefs?"

If so, the ghosts are downtown workers who actually ate the food. It's pretty ghastly (ghostly?) - sort of Campbell's soup over pasta.

I have eaten at the Spaghetti Warehouse in Newport Beach, CA, St. Louis, MO., and Ontario, CA - All were excellent with yummy food. Seems odd that Houston would have something so "ghastly"?

I have eaten at the Spaghetti Warehouse in Newport Beach, CA, St. Louis, MO., and Ontario, CA - All were excellent with yummy food. Seems odd that Houston would have something so "ghastly"?

It's not gastly, it's just not fancy Italian food. It's more like American-Italian. The lasagna is quite good and it's hard to eat the whole thing.

It's not gastly, it's just not fancy Italian food. It's more like American-Italian. The lasagna is quite good and it's hard to eat the whole thing.

Would wholeheartedly agree with you, Americanized Italian. And in a city like Houston with such amazing Italian selections and heritage, it's hard to stomach half done Italian food, same goes for Romano's and Olive Garden. Stick with the good ones, usually non chains, though Carrabba's seems to have done it very well.

There is no way I could ever eat at S. Warehouse when only a few blocks away is Mia Bella's.

Mia Bella's is awesome. I don't think they offer lasagna though. Oh, and they don't have ghosts.

Would wholeheartedly agree with you, Americanized Italian. And in a city like Houston with such amazing Italian selections and heritage, it's hard to stomach half done Italian food...

American Italian isn't "half done Italian", it's a distinct cuisine that developed in America. It's possible to enjoy both.

• The title was changed to Spaghetti Warehouse And Buffalo Bayou
  • The title was changed to Spaghetti Warehouse At 901 Commerce St.