Lampson event disrupted by DeLay supporters

WesternGulf

TJones, incorrect.

It was bombing Sudan.

What's funny is how Clinton was chastized for taking action against OBL.

WRONG, December 18,1998 Clinton bombed IRAQ. I take it back though, you are correct, he DID bomb the Sudan also.

Here you are my friend, straight from the jackass, I mean horse's mouth.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/199...ts/clinton.html

That is more along the lines of "annoying" being a "b" even. It's up to her constituents to deal w/her. Hardly compares corruption or treason.

Agreed, but it is still "scandal" ! :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he IS incompetent-just like his boss. A good leader will listen to and heed the advice of his experts, ie. generals in his case.

I would enjoy watching all these Bush and DeLay supporters using Clinton to try to defend a man who has so thouroughly proven to be incompetent on most every level and a Republican party so burdened by any number of scandals, indictments, convictions and resignations-if it all wasn't so pathetic.

They showed their true colors at the Lampson event.

B)

Nmain, in that rationale, then people that supported Clinton's extra-marital affairs, then lying under oath about it find it ok to cheat on their signifigant others, just be more careful next time and not get caught ?

I know Clinton is a dead horse around here. I just couldn't find any other Democratic Presidents in the last 8 years, sorry bro. B)

You wouldn't believe who i am starting to grow fond of, Sen. Biden. :o I know, I know. I heard him on Bill Maher last night. We seem to have the same way of thinking on the Iraq issue, I was stunned, but I am sure he'll find a way to let me down.

How about McKinney beatin on Cops inside the capital building, are Dems. above the law now ? :blink:
That is more along the lines of "annoying" being a "b" even. It's up to her constituents to deal w/her.

Wow, I get to disagree with both of you...cool! :D

According to an April 6 NYT article"across town, federal prosecutors weighed charging her in the case." So she's not in the clear yet. I hope they do prosecute her.

And why wait for her constituents to deal with her? This is the reason that the Democratic party is seen as unorganized - the leaders should be demanding her immediate resignation, not only because of this incident but because the woman is visably a dull-witted boob. For Sheila Jackson Lee to stand at her side during Ms McKinney's 'apology' is a show of unity which has no merit. Ms McKinney has one issue, and one issue only: "Everyone's pickin' on me because I Am A Black Woman." When this turns out not to be the case, she awkwardly tried to initiate an incident, and (nearly) no one's buying into it. You, Ms McKinney are no Rosa Parks; Prissy is closer to it.

Now let's get back to the Lampson demonstrators.

Let me back-up a little on McKinney, after she IS found guilty of assaulting a police officer, then her contituents should can her @$$ ! West, if you hit a cop, your co-workers aren't gonna determine what happens to you. THE LAW IS !

Let me back-up a little on McKinney, after she IS found guilty of assaulting a police officer, then her contituents should can her @$$ ! West, if you hit a cop, your co-workers aren't gonna determine what happens to you. THE LAW IS !

Now we're getting somewhere.

The same thing applies to Tom DeLay and his crooked associates. His constituents should can his @$$ too, instead of trying to shout down a candidate who may bring honor back into his district.

I was thinking more along the lines of a behind-the-scenes power broker. Now that he's unencombered by the ethical restraints imposed on elected officials (not that that ever slowed him down much) he's someone who can be paid as a consultant, or to reveal the dirt on a political opponant - whether inside or outside the Republican Party. He's not going to die a poor man.

Can you imagine a Conservative Republican running for office, then hearing ads from the opponent "he/she's being endorsed by political screw-up Tom Delay"? If Delay's still seen as a corrupt guy and he's on someone's corner, I think he could hurt their chances of winning.

I still suggest he become a political analyst. Get seen on tv, and show the brains. Think about how much farther people in his party can go if Delay digs up dirt, Delay himself anounced it to the world, and people actually listened. The Republican wouldn't be villified. If Delay wanted to still be an influence, he can still do it by being the high-paid villian in the media, and at the same time work behind the scenes.

Delay is down for now, but if he's smart, he's not out. And I agree that he won't have to die a poor man. That's gonna depend on if he make the right decisions for himself first. One thing for sure, he won't be middle class...

It's not really about Clinton, is it? Isn't more about people who don't heed the advice of their advisors?

Clinton is no longer in office. Bush is. It would be refreshing if we could stay in the current instead of trying to use the past to deflect from the incompetence that is Bush.

It's not really about Clinton, is it? Isn't more about people who don't heed the advice of their advisors?

Clinton is no longer in office. Bush is. It would be refreshing if we could stay in the current instead of trying to use the past to deflect from the incompetence that is Bush.

Nmain, IF it wasn't incompetence that had let Bin Laden get away after the Sudanese Govt. told Clinton, "Hey, we got this guy who was involved in bombing the USS Cole, do you want him Bill ?" Then the President says "No thanks, I don't have time to deal with that right now. I gotta go lie about cheating on my wife." Maybe we wouldn't be fighting the "War on Terror" right now.

Of course, IF my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. :D

I have a quick question, that maybe a Lampson lover can answer. Didn't Lampson represent district 2 which included Beaumont, and does that district include the Spring area ?

I was thinking more along the lines of a behind-the-scenes power broker. Now that he's unencombered by the ethical restraints imposed on elected officials (not that that ever slowed him down much) he's someone who can be paid as a consultant, or to reveal the dirt on a political opponant - whether inside or outside the Republican Party. He's not going to die a poor man.

I agree with DJ and Redscare. DeLay is done. Be they Democrat or Republican, one thing you can count on with politicians is that they will throw you to the curb if you can no longer help them. Look at Newt. As far as power goes, Newt was 10 times the force Delay was in thier repective primes. Once Newt got the boot, he became a ghost until becoming a talking head for the newsies. It will be no different for DeLay.

TJ, I think the requisite word here is 'IF'. Since Lampson supporters have had numerous opportunities to interrupt Republican press conferences and haven't, 'IF' is where it will stay. Only DeLay's supporters made asses of themselves.

Well said. We (including I) had many occasions to disrupt, but we had very strict instructions not to. We depended upon media attention for our protest and got it every time without resorting to classless acts.

You could tell though the fact that we were there for every DeLay event, whether it was just greeting people as they drove into the parking lot, wore thin on the delay supporters.

Victory was ours!

No, just the smoke and mirrors of Mr. Clinton. 8 years of "symbolism over substance". Very dangerous.

Very cryptic-and completely irrelevant to the DeLay protester's tacky, childish behavior at the Lampson event. Once more the Clinton Deflection crumbles.

Yes TJ, it was the 2nd.

B)

Those are much better maps than what I was trying to look at earlier.

WOW ! Nick Lampson really IS a Carpetbagger. Thanks for the help Nmain. :P

So is there a reason you dislike him other than he is a Democrat? Do you know where he stands on any issue? Actually, I have to admit I don't know much about his politics either. He aint Tom Delay and that's good enough for me.

So is there a reason you dislike him other than he is a Democrat? Do you know where he stands on any issue? Actually, I have to admit I don't know much about his politics either. He aint Tom Delay and that's good enough for me.

I don't like a politician that will run for office just because there is a vacant seat. How can he possibly know anything about the area and represent it's people when you have NEVER lived there and never taken part of anything in that area EVER ! Being a Democrat doesn't help his standing with me either. I used to live in Sugarland, I knew what was going on in the area. What is wrong with his beloved Beaumont, or is he not wanted there anymore ?

I know he isn't for progress, he has been trying to put the Kaybosh on The Grand Parkway for about 3 years now.

I don't like a politician that will run for office just because there is a vacant seat.

It wasn't vacant when he ran for it and it's not vacant now. It will become vacant when DeLay resigns.

Perry won't hold a special election because he doesn't want to have Lampson as the incumbent in November. So Dist. 22 will have NO representation from June to January, when the next Congress is sworn in.

B)

Start a Clinton thread and i will shed some light on it for you............

Is there a "fiction" category?

I don't like a politician that will run for office just because there is a vacant seat. How can he possibly know anything about the area and represent it's people when you have NEVER lived there and never taken part of anything in that area EVER ! Being a Democrat doesn't help his standing with me either. I used to live in Sugarland, I knew what was going on in the area. What is wrong with his beloved Beaumont, or is he not wanted there anymore ?

Is that worse then quitting a race AFTER the primary, moving out of state so you can get out of the race and keeping all donations that people thought were going to your congessional race for your legal fund? Don't you feel the least bit betrayed by Tom "Who" (Delay's new name in Washington).

Archived