Lampson event disrupted by DeLay supporters

WesternGulf

Jeebus, got a more RECENT example? Could we live in the now please? Keep it up and I'll start bringing up Nixon!

The Clinton scandal only happened 8 years ago. Of course you try and act like it was a lifetime away. I'll remember this though when 8 years down the road you & Nmain are still griping about Bush & Co.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Clinton scandal only happened 8 years ago. Of course you try and act like it was a lifetime away. I'll remember this though when 8 years down the road you & Nmain are still griping about Bush & Co.

So you don't have a current example. Believe me when Bush is gone I'll try to forget about him as soon as possible.

I don't blame you for continually bringing up Clinton. Those were the Republicans' BEST YEARS. It's been all downhill for the Republicans since Clinton left office. No more, "wait til we're in charge". Now, it's all their fault.

If I was a Republican, I'd be wishing for the good old days of the 90s, too.

Richard Milhouse Nixon was one of the best presidents the USA ever had!!!!!! Very clever and skillfull man.

He was (very clever and skillful). Unfortunately he was also dishonest and paranoid so he never realized his potential "as on of the best". He could have been a great one.

So you don't have a current example. Believe me when Bush is gone I'll try to forget about him as soon as possible.

I guess its kind of hard to find a more recent president from the Democratic Party. But just for you West, I'll keep looking.. :huh:

Oh Red, I'm not a Republican. I only brought up Clinton to remind the libs in here that they're not infallible either. As I stated a few posts up, I could careless for either party, and if Republicans were as vocal about Democrats as Democrats are about Republicans, then you'd hear just as much from me on that front.

The truth of the matter is that its only liberal Democrats that are ones bashing in these threads. I challenge anyone to find a thread about Democrats that was started by Republicans in an effort to smear more mud.

The truth of the matter is that its only liberal Democrats that are ones bashing in these threads. I challenge anyone to find a thread about Democrats that was started by Republicans in an effort to smear more mud.

That's largely because the conservatives don't have quite the "political capital" that they used to have. I know no one likes polls but the latest one has Bush at 36%. Republican Congress polls even worse. Red was correct before when he said the nineties were the best time for Republicans. They said they could do better and well... look where we are today. The only scandal we HAVEN'T had in the last five years has been a sex scandal.

DJ: Nmain is taking time out of his day to show us all how flawed the Republican Party is. I'm only flipping the coin to show that the Democrats aren't innocent either.

I'll go ahead and reveal my cards here - I don't really care about either party. In fact, I'm registered as an independent and vote the same as much as possible. Both parties are corrupt, and are so greedy/selfish/egotistical/vain/proud (you can pick the appropriate adjective of the day) that nothing is getting accomplished.

I got'cha. I'm not in the Democratic or Republican Party either. I consider myself a Party Animal. And I agree with what you said here about the two parties. The reason why I wasn't too much of a Delay fan was because it seemed that he was more Democrat-vs.-Rebublican than bi-partisan. I sick of people voting simply because they're funded by somebody.

There needs to be more balls shown in Congress in the form of bi-partisanship. Clinton showed those, but unfortunately one person saw them at the time.

:lol: You nasty. Simply nasty. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Hey, I just call it like I see it. And that Oval Office ain't clean, believe me!

Trust me, Jeebs, the minute Bush is gone I won't mention him again. It will be merely a bad taste washed out of my mouth by a good swig of Listerine. It seems you Clinton haters just can't get the Clinton Monkey off your backs. The Clinton factor is no longer effective as a deversionary tactic. There's just too much sleeze whether it be shop lifters, pedeophiles, obstructors of justice and all the rest of the distasteful sleeze that has been allowed so much power from a guy who was never elected in the first place. That's an electoral flaw that perhaps could be changed very soon.

Anyway, Jeebus...just keep that Clinton monkey on your back. :lol:

B)

Jeebus, got a more RECENT example? Could we live in the now please? Keep it up and I'll start bringing up Nixon!

How about McKinney beatin on Cops inside the capital building, are Dems. above the law now ? :blink:

I don't know WHY you keep making me do this to you nmain, it is frustrating to have give you the right info, since I know you are very intelligent. Leaker in Chief ? Ok, I'll squash that right now, here.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/62024.htm

Ok, now the link is opening up again, so I deleted the rest of that big @$$ post.

That charge was so explosive that the Bush administration had no choice but to answer it in some fashion. By authorizing the release of some classified material to a reporter, Bush was fighting back against a slander.

And this is exactly what George W. Bush has said for 3 years that he did not do. Ergo, he is a hypocritical liar. Believe what you wish. Plead your case if you must. The rest of us (minus a few true believers) know better.

Better political spinmeisters than you have tried, and no one is buying. It may not be illegal, but it is certainly chicken____. And, that is not what he was elected for. Remember when he said he would return HONOR and INTEGRITY to the White House?

I don't know WHY you keep making me do this to you nmain, it is frustrating to have give you the right info, since I know you are very intelligent. Leaker in Chief ? Ok, I'll squash that right now, here.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/62024.htm

You didn't give anyone the right information. You offered up a highly biased opinion piece from NewsCorp aka Rupert Murdoch aka FOXNews. When you quote from sources basicly owned by an opportunist that owns MySpace-read pedeophile wonderland, FOXNews-read Hannity, Coulter

square-large-coulter.jpg

and O'Reilly and FOXBroadcating-read Stacked with Pamela Anderson screwing herself with a model airplane,

11534.jpg you are probably not going to be taken very seriously.

I love the way Hannity and O'Reilly rant aganst the degeneration of our culture and pick up their paychecks from the same people Anderson and her heaving breasts do.

B)

Tom DeLay is done. Over. No use to anyone.

DeLay is far from done. He knows where all the bodies are buried and that still makes him an influential man.

(....OMG...did I just disagree with RedScare?)

:D

So, nmain, what you are trying to say is that this story is a total fabrication, and that none of those things happened, and this is just a huge Republican conspiracy to undermind the Dems., and The New York Post is in on it, because THEY are owned by FoxNews ? Amazing !

Just remember that even your highest Lib. Celebs, such as Barbara Streisand turn to "Page Six" everyday to see if they made the list or not, and they get paid by the SAME companies that put their advertising in there.

Would you except it if "The Washington Post" said that it wasn't a leak and the NIE documents were indeed DECLASSIFIED ? Because.....they did. :P^_^

Red, I have to agree that it is a bit of dirty politics, Bush has some yahoo trying to say that "it is high unlikely that Iraq was trying to buy Uranium." The White House has evidence to refute the claim. Yes, I find it peculiar that the man's wife was in the middle of it all. So, one of two things must be true.

Either, Wilson was afraid that his wife being in the middle of all the action in Iraq was gonna get her killed if and when a war broke out , so he was gonna make a case against the war and try to derail the whole thing. OR, Wilson was already told to be quiet, and he went ahead and talked anyway to protect his wife, and the info. on Wilson's wife just happened to be in the same info. as the "Uranium Cake" so, info. gets out in an attempt to show that not only was Iraq INDEED trying to get some Uranium, but that Wilson possibly had his own agenda for not wanting us to go to war. Thus, making Wilson look like he's just a troublemaker.

BTW, thanks for the pic pf Pam nmain, I have been looking for that one. Hey, wait a second.... Isn't she your posterchild for PeTA ? You backstabbing son of a *beep* ! How dare you treat Pam that way.

DeLay is far from done. He knows where all the bodies are buried and that still makes him an influential man.

(....OMG...did I just disagree with RedScare?)

:D

Delay CAN still be influencial, but he's going to have to find his place first. For example, there's no way he could be 100% trusted in office again. He may be able to win a seat in Congress again because of his famous political name, bt even if he were back inoffice, it would only be a Delay vs. liberal thing again.

I say he could be part of a tv show as a political analyst representing the conservative point of view. Have him, a hardcore liberal, and a real American (open-minded, right down the middle) running the show. Say Delay wins a few debates on that show, and he could be a great asset to his party. Many he still would have enough friend to watch his show, seeing that they're willing to crash other people's speeches unprovoked.

Delay CAN still be influencial, but he's going to have to find his place first. For example, there's no way he could be 100% trusted in office again. He may be able to win a seat in Congress again because of his famous political name, bt even if he were back inoffice, it would only be a Delay vs. liberal thing again.

I say he could be part of a tv show as a political analyst representing the conservative point of view. Have him, a hardcore liberal, and a real American (open-minded, right down the middle) running the show. Say Delay wins a few debates on that show, and he could be a great asset to his party. Many he still would have enough friend to watch his show, seeing that they're willing to crash other people's speeches unprovoked.

Nah, hes finished. Now will will get our most needed choo choo trains all over the city :D:D

I don't blame you for continually bringing up Clinton. Those were the Republicans' BEST YEARS. It's been all downhill for the Republicans since Clinton left office. No more, "wait til we're in charge". Now, it's all their fault.

If I was a Republican, I'd be wishing for the good old days of the 90s, too.

What, exactly, is "all their fault"? I'm curious. Gas prices? Crime? The current immigration issues?

I disagree that it has been all downhill for the Republicans since Clinton left office. We have had the best economy this Republic has seen in decades. Unemployment is lower than it has ever been. Our military is strong, we wiped the Taliban off the map, and Bush and Guiliani handled 9/11 with strength, diplomacy, and leadership that we never would have seen from Clinton. Hell, if it hadn't been for Clinton bumbling the '93 bombing of the WTC, we wouldn't have ever seen a 9/11.

I'm sure I'll be told how awful and wrong I am by a few people here in.....3.....2.....1....

Parrothead, don't forget about Clinton bombing Iraq in 1998 which was done just to draw attention AWAY from Monica. All it did was piss off the Arabs. <_<

TJones, incorrect.

It was bombing Sudan.

What's funny is how Clinton was chastized for taking action against OBL.

For the record, I'm an Indie when it comes to voting.

I can trace back the entire set of precedents past presidents have made with their missteps on both sides of the political isle.

Forgive me if the dates might be wrong, it's been while:

in 1983 we were rushed out of Beirut because we lost 200+ marines in a suicide car bombing. It basically gave everyone a clue that we don't like casualties.

1986 We were up in arms when we bombed Lybia and lost ONE aircraft composing of TWO men which was an overall successful attack.

1989 We pulled out of Afghanistan when russia pulled out leaving a political vacuum triggering several years of civil war that lasted until the taliban took over in 1999.

1991 We got involved in somalia with no proper plan or will.

1992 blackhawk down. We were pressured into leaving somalia after losing quite a few marines. Mostly lead by the Republicans if I remember correctly. Clinton was then blamed for the whole affair which was given to him by the previous administration.

1993 WTC attack one. No action was really taken because no one seemed to agree what or if any action should be taken to anyone. OBL was ID'ed.

1997 A dual attack on two embassies in Africa were followed up by an attack on a factory followed by OBL's camp in Afghanstan. Clinton was immediately accused of bungling the job and trying to distract attention from looming scandals.

1998 increased attacks on Iraq because of increased attacks on our fighters in the no fly zone.

2001 9/8 an assasination of the general of the northern army of Afghanstan occured. *I* went "uh-oh" and knew this was big news. no one around me seemed to care.

9/11 Everyone cared.

oct. 01 we invaded Afghanstan. I supported it.

2003 We invaded Iraq. I didn't support it.

This is NOT a complete summary and looking back at the dates, I might be off by a year or two.

Basically it's been our policy to cut and run whenever we got even a FEW casualties, and the additional political BS that gave those that oppose us.

While this may seem VERY off topic, I will add this. Tom Delay was always on the side with his party, in spite of whether or not it was good for the party.

Rick

I was thinking more along the lines of a behind-the-scenes power broker. Now that he's unencombered by the ethical restraints imposed on elected officials (not that that ever slowed him down much) he's someone who can be paid as a consultant, or to reveal the dirt on a political opponant - whether inside or outside the Republican Party. He's not going to die a poor man.

I guess its kind of hard to find a more recent president from the Democratic Party.

Anyone say it had to be a president?

How about McKinney beatin on Cops inside the capital building, are Dems. above the law now ? :blink:

That is more along the lines of "annoying" being a "b" even. It's up to her constituents to deal w/her. Hardly compares corruption or treason. Yes I think what Duke Cumingham did was treason.

Clinton was a trainwreck that put policies in place which are dangerous and helped put people like me out of a job.

Could you be any less specific?

We have had the best economy this Republic has seen in decades. Unemployment is lower than it has ever been. Our military is strong, we wiped the Taliban off the map, and Bush and Guiliani handled 9/11 with strength, diplomacy, and leadership that we never would have seen from Clinton. Hell, if it hadn't been for Clinton bumbling the '93 bombing of the WTC, we wouldn't have ever seen a 9/11.

I'm sure I'll be told how awful and wrong I am by a few people here in.....3.....2.....1....

Best economy and the biggest deficit ever.

Unemployment is lower then ever. However, wages and buying power for the average American are stagnant.

Military strong? Yes. Civilian leadership is a joke however. Do you believe Iraq was well run? Funny how you left that out. Why does every retiring general come out saying Rumsfeld is incompetent?

Oh, and maybe if half of the United Arab Emirates royal family had not been with OBL when we had him in the predator's sites maybe we could have killed him and we wouldn't have had 911. United Arab Emirates? You remember. The ones Bush wanted to turn our ports over to.

Why does every retiring general come out saying Rumsfeld is incompetent?

Because he IS incompetent-just like his boss. A good leader will listen to and heed the advice of his experts, ie. generals in his case.

I would enjoy watching all these Bush and DeLay supporters using Clinton to try to defend a man who has so thouroughly proven to be incompetent on most every level and a Republican party so burdened by any number of scandals, indictments, convictions and resignations-if it all wasn't so pathetic.

They showed their true colors at the Lampson event.

B)

Because he IS incompetent-just like his boss. A good leader will listen to and heed the advice of his experts, ie. generals in his case.

I would enjoy watching all these Bush and DeLay supporters using Clinton to try to defend a man who has so thouroughly proven to be incompetent on most every level and a Republican party so burdened by any number of scandals, indictments, convictions and resignations-if it all wasn't so pathetic.

They showed their true colors at the Lampson event.

B)

Clinton ran most of the good generals and admirals out by the mid 1990's. They were labeled " a dieing breed"

Archived