Former Alamo Tamale - 2302 Navigation Blvd.

• The title was changed to Former Alamo Tamale - 2302 Navigation Blvd.

I'm pretty sure that if it is rebuilt that they can keep the building as it sits a foot or two off of the public street, but I'm annoyed by our building setback rules. Navigation is a major thoroughfare and will require a 25' setback if a new structure is built. That is basically the width of the front face of the building right along the parking lot.

So what does the city want built here instead? Surface parking?

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 8:47 AM, wilcal said:

I'm pretty sure that if it is rebuilt that they can keep the building as it sits a foot or two off of the public street, but I'm annoyed by our building setback rules. Navigation is a major thoroughfare and will require a 25' setback if a new structure is built. That is basically the width of the front face of the building right along the parking lot.

So what does the city want built here instead? Surface parking?

Minimum setback requirements are dumb, minimum parking requirements are dumb. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall, Marquette bought this building when it was building Forth as "Phase II" of that redevelopment. I'm guessing they don't want a smoldering lead ash (the smell is noticeable) pile on their lot.

• Like 2