weight gain suggestions

I'm tryin to gain a lot of weight cuz I'm too bony. Do yall have any good suggestions for when I'm on the road, meals that have super high calories, fat, and carbs? Certain fast food joints, xtra mayo, choc shakes, add ons, things of this nature? Basically I'm tryin to get chubby, portly, hefty. .

I'm tryin to gain a lot of weight cuz I'm too bony. Do yall have any good suggestions for when I'm on the road, meals that have super high calories, fat, and carbs? Certain fast food joints, xtra mayo, choc shakes, add ons, things of this nature? Basically I'm tryin to get chubby, portly, hefty. .

Hmmm.....have a Snickers bar after lunch instead of a piece of fruit and skip a day at the gym and you'll blow up like a balloon. Works for me.

just eat more without increasing your exercise routines...that way you wont increase your metabolism. but you shouldnt just eat all the extra calories, you still need to be healthy when gaining weight cuz the fat and grease dont mix well with the heart... try incorporating more protein in your diet.

Popeye's, Whataburger, McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, Burger King, Frenchy's, Timmy Chan's, Ruchi's Taqueria, South Philly Steaks, #1 Chicken & Rice...if you're trying to be thrifty, hit up some all-you-can-eat joints and eat till they kick you out.

Seriously, though...you must be under 25. I had trouble keeping any weight on my body until that age, no matter what I ate. Then old age took over...

Popeye's, Whataburger, McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, Burger King, Frenchy's, Timmy Chan's, Ruchi's Taqueria, South Philly Steaks, #1 Chicken & Rice...if you're trying to be thrifty, hit up some all-you-can-eat joints and eat till they kick you out.

Seriously, though...you must be under 25. I had trouble keeping any weight on my body until that age, no matter what I ate. Then old age took over...

I mean I'm fixin to be 27 yo. Probly still got that super fast metabolism I always had but I've gained 20 lbs. already with just beer. I'm at 190 now tryna hit about 215 so yeah 'preciate yalls help. If yall know what dieters try to avoid that's what I'm lookin for. . .

Take the advice of a Fatman. Try stuffing yourself with an Ultimate bacon cheeseburger on sourdough, from Jack in the Crack, large size that with curly fries and a Dr. Pepper, then add 2 tacos for $.99, and a cheesecake for dessert. Don't forget to ask for secret sauce packets to squeeze on your burger. Enjoy!

Edited by TJones

TJones:

Jack in the Crack

I thought I was the only one who referred to it as that. I like that.

But seriously, y'all's suggestions are nasty with your greasy bacon deep fried butter burgers. If you have to gain weight, at least do it healthy. Eat some whole wheat bread spread with lots of olive oil and avacado. Do the Elvis stuff in moderation.

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

I mean I'm fixin to be 27 yo. Probly still got that super fast metabolism I always had but I've gained 20 lbs. already with just beer. I'm at 190 now tryna hit about 215 so yeah 'preciate yalls help. If yall know what dieters try to avoid that's what I'm lookin for. . .

Ice cream, drink lots of cokes, snack throughout the day, fried foods are good....doughnuts are probably the optimal selection....carbs, fried, and more carbs from pure sugar....

OK, I am going to assume you are serious in wanting to gain weight. If you are an ectomorph it can be tough, but it is totally doable. Don't eat all that crap unless you want to give yourself a heart attack in the process, especially when your metabolism slows down (and, umm, at about 30 it will). You need to bump up your caloric intake about 500 over what it is supposed to be. That isn't necessarily 500 over what you are currently taking in. You can google for the formula to determine proper caloric intake.

But is isn't enough to do that, you have to (1) consume the right calories, and (2) use them by working out properly! No saturated fat and empty calories. your body is a machine, and a Snickers bar or Big Mac is totally inappropriate, OK?

Here is a link to an excellent forum you need to take some time to wade through. There are lots of opinions, some BS, and a good amount of truth. All of it is educational though. It certainly helped me.

http://forums.menshealth.com/eve?source=rodale

Here is a site with good workout tips: Waterbury is a god--trust him :) Do a search for his workout plans http://www.t-nation.com/

Edited by travelguy_73

Are you trying to gain healthy body mass, or just trying to clog an artery? If clogged artery is your goal then just follow the above advice. If healthy body mass is desired, then take the time to talk to a professional nutritionalist and a personal trainer. They can help you properly increase your body mass.

I'm still thinking this thread is some sort of gag though.

EDIT: By above advice, I meant everyone above Travelguy 73. He posted his repsonse at the same time I was!

Edited by Jeebus

Nah this aint a gag, my body is weird. I look at fighters in the u.f.c. and they weigh 50 lbs. less than me but I look at pictures of me and they look twice as fat as I do. I just always look skinny and bony for some reason no matter how much I weigh. Even when my arms are super cut and defined they look like a 10 year olds arms, just super cut and defined. That's why I need the weight. . .

190? You sound like you're a tall guy-probably an ectomorph. I'm kind of in between an ecto and a mesomorph.

The most important thing of course is to stay healthy-which has little to do with gaining or losing weight un-naturally. travelguy and Jeebus have some good advice: avoid empty calories and aim for healthy body mass...and for god's [and your own] sake-stay off the beer diet. Lean body and muscle mass may not help you achieve a body type you may never obtain, but it will make you healthier, probably make you live longer and if you develope a disease such as cancer [like I did] it may well help you to survive and ultimatly prevail [like I think I have].

It doesn't mean you can't have a beer and a Snickers-though I don't recommend both at the same time in the same way I would avoid sushi with a milk chaser-but you CAN have the occasionall beer and Snickers in moderation...and the sushi is never a bad idea. Keep away from fat overload, exercise, get enough sleep and ask someone who really cares about you and loves you if they think you're too skinny...I'm guessing if you are as lucky as I am, they really do love you and don't care. :D

B)

The standard advice is to "check with your doctor before undergoing (insert activity here.)" Better to do this in a healthy way and not set yourself up for diabetes, heart disease or excessive weight gain in the future. Well-meaning but unqualified people can advocate unhealthy practices (see the above posts - frankly, some of the advice you're being given kind of sucks.) Also, be very wary of fad diets, suppliments or drugs.

Also. a doctor can tell you if your expectations are realistic. You may be seeing yourself differently than other people view you. At any rate, good luck.

Just drink a case of regular Budweiser every day. You'll also be helping Houston "gain revenue" because of the Budweiser brewery in the city.