Can't wait any longer to tell you

Willowisp

As a former mod owner (O'Meara Dr. next door in Willow Meadows), I am so excited to see your home featured. It takes dedication and grit to restore an older home, even harder when it is a mod.

Congratulations, and if this convinces just one other person to do the same, then it was worth it.

I saw the printed article at lunch today and was very excited for you and the Jenkins house. I respect the way you spread the love around to Travis, Karen, and Robert. Your space looks fantastic. Enjoy the fame.

Dream

I saw the printed article at lunch today and was very excited for you and the Jenkins house. I respect the way you spread the love around to Travis, Karen, and Robert. Your space looks fantastic. Enjoy the fame.

Dream

Yes thank you very much! You should relish the rewards of taking on the daunting task that house presented, you've earned it!

Yes, we went with a PH-5 over the original globe light. It was a tough decision since the original light was original to the house, but the globe light clashed with the roundness of the arco lamp and we really love the PH-5 so we went with it. I will keep the globe light and possibly find a place for it somewhere else - utility room, maybe? The PH-5 isn't too expensive. Everyone should have one. I really love the color of the one we got.

The Eames 670/671 is great! It's 1978 and is a little worn down, but it has character. I was afraid that it might be too cliche, but instead I think it pulls the room together. The womb chair was reapholstered not too long ago and it is gorgeous (Thank God for Karen Stodelle). We don't know who designed the orange "Grasshopper wannabe" chair. It's a mystery, but it stands up designwise to the other chairs, you know what I mean? With its bold color it refuses to take a lesser role.

I'm a SUCKER for chairs!

And I still haven't gotten the Cherner chairs that I want... Or the Eames DCWs. In good time.

Jason

And Eames lounge chair and a Womb Chair. I am jealous! Is that a Poulson PH5 lamp in the dining room?

And Eames lounge chair and a Womb Chair. I am jealous! Is that a Poulson PH5 lamp in the dining room?

Sub, I didn't realize you were such a BIG Scaninavian Fan. Me too. :D

Willow, I meant to ask, about the dining table is that Herman Miller ?

The dining table is Knoll. It's called The Partner Table. It's used as a small conference table or a dining table. It has small drawers that you can put silverware or pens/pencils in. It has been refinished. The rosewood is beautiful on it.

Keep a secret, the black chairs are knock offs, not Series 7. Eurway!

Jason

Sub, I didn't realize you were such a BIG Scaninavian Fan. Me too. :D

Willow, I meant to ask, about the dining table is that Herman Miller ?

I know what you're saying about the Eames 670/671 lounge cliche, but it's still a classic and will always look good. Mine is also 1970s vintage, I think, with the original rosewood. Looks good with the Noguchi table. :)

I've wanted a Womb Chair for a long time, but you need a large space for it, since it seems to dominate a room. Another one I would love to own, Jacobsen Egg chair:

32_4Lg.jpg

Btw, where did you get the PH-5? I was thinking of one myself.

I've wanted a Womb Chair for a long time, but you need a large space for it, since it seems to dominate a room. Another one I would love to own, Jacobsen Egg chair

Perhaps you could implant the latter into the former. :D

Willowisp, I just had to give you props! Your place looks great and caught my attention while thumbing through the new 002. Hopefully showing off some of Houston's finer architecture could become a new regular in the magazine!

Wow! Thanks a lot! Yes, I think that if I recommend some more people to Carla Valencia, the editor that maybe it could become a semi-regular thing. She was extremely receptive and excited about featuring Mid-Century Modern in her magazine, and our house is not the "ultimate in interiors" like a few other houses I know of, so yeah, I agree - if they can find MCM houses with some period furniture to match they should definitely keep going with it. I can think of 5 houses off the top of my head I'd send them to. I guess it depends on the number of compliments the magazine gets.

And thanks to everyone who came out to our party last night. It was super cool to have that many modernists in one house together!

Jason

Willowisp, I just had to give you props! Your place looks great and caught my attention while thumbing through the new 002. Hopefully showing off some of Houston's finer architecture could become a new regular in the magazine!

• The title was changed to Can't wait any longer to tell you

Archived