Lamar Plaza: Office Tower At 1010 Lamar St.

infinite_jim

• 10 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Harris County recently bought Lamar Plaza, a 20-story office building situated at 1010 Lamar St. in the heart of downtown Houston, Parimal Rohit reported for CoStar News. The $26 million sale, brokered by Goodwin Advisors, includes the adjacent multi-story parking garage at 1111 Main St. 

Harris County earmarked $30 million total for the sale—including fees and contingency funds—and expects to pour at least $20 million more into capital improvements. Since county commissioners signed off on negotiations in September, they've already approved $9.5 million to be used for "Phase 1" renovations to bring the building's infrastructure and systems up to current standards and outfit it for county operations. "Even with renovations and necessary capital investments, purchasing this property will provide the County significant savings," a county staffer wrote in the Sept. 19 memo.

https://www.chron.com/business/article/harris-county-buys-houston-office-18582790.php

Cbw2l7W.png

X5AswqQ.png

• Like 3

On 1/2/2024 at 12:53 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Is that why the scaffolding is surrounding the old Sakowitz building as well? I drove by last night and was curious as to what was happening. I remember the DMD wanting to possibly convert the building to residential. 

FWIW, the last time I walked by, the Sakowitz garage looked to have only county vehicles in it. 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...