Houston v St. Louis

Subdude

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The astros need to visualize that..the RED/WHITE in the fans uniforms is for them..the cheering is for them.. kinda make the oposite happen like they are still at "Min. Maid Park" only no train noises, no Bzzzzzzing noises, well no beautiful ball park like we have. I admit I'm biased! ;)

lol!!

I think its just the idea (again we made it this far) but the news is just getting their hopes up a bit too high. I hate the fact the weatherman was like "for our celebration weather it's going to be..." and I'm thinking, "just give the weather and don't get your hopes up like that."

Good to dream. Just Dream.

This series will go to Game 7. I bet you St.Louis wins tomorrow as well. Astros need to go ahead and end this tomorrow, if not, they're in for a rude awakening.

5 - 1.....bring it.

Astros vs. White Sox in the Series. Here's to pessimists... :lol:

I just got back from the Academy (to buy my shirts) on Westheimer @ Highway 6. Let me just say: PANDIMONIUM.

I was going to go out after the game, but i thought about the possibility of long long lines and they would probably have some during the rest of the week shipped to them.

Then I saw the news and saw the lines, thank god I did wait and turns out another shipment will come tomorrow.

We left in the top of the 9th. Its a straight shot up 1093 for us, so we were there before the Cardinals even went to bat. There was no line when we got there, but by the time we left, the line was alread around the building and spilling over past Jack in the Box. The line was about 3 to 4 deep as well.

There was a 2 shirt, 2 hat limit per customer.

It's not just NY and L.A. that only exist, but places like Atlanta, Miami, Boston and Chicago as well. Most other cities are pitiful piles of crap. Especially Houston. The media is even saying that there's a significant drop in the ratings because there's no NY, L.A. or Boston or blah or whatever in the World Series. Well boo freaking hoo for their network! That's good! They wouldn't be so desperate over ratings if they'd produce TV that wasn't rubbish. I bet Regis Philman (obnoxious old turd) is all teed off because he doesn't have a NY team to drool all over this year. I bet the media's rooting for Chicago. Of course they are. It could be Boise, Idaho vs Houston and they'd root for Boise. Even more reason Houston has to win this. There needs to be a sitcom titled "Everybody Hates Houston". So I'm having a pity party for absolutely no apparent reason.

One last thing, why would someone name teams after socks? Maybe the Osmonds could bring a MLB team to Utah and call them the Utah Purple Sox. Just being goofy. :rolleyes:

It's not just NY and L.A. that only exist, but places like Atlanta, Miami, Boston and Chicago as well. Most other cities are pitiful piles of crap. Especially Houston. The media is even saying that there's a significant drop in the ratings because there's no NY, L.A. or Boston or blah or whatever in the World Series. Well boo freaking hoo for their network! That's good! They wouldn't be so desperate over ratings if they'd produce TV that wasn't rubbish. I bet Regis Philman (obnoxious old turd) is all teed off because he doesn't have a NY team to drool all over this year. I bet the media's rooting for Chicago. Of course they are. It could be Boise, Idaho vs Houston and they'd root for Boise. Even more reason Houston has to win this. There needs to be a sitcom titled "Everybody Hates Houston". So I'm having a pity party for absolutely no apparent reason.

One last thing, why would someone name teams after socks? Maybe the Osmonds could bring a MLB team to Utah and call them the Utah Purple Sox. Just being goofy. :rolleyes:

Who cares? And you know why? We are going to the World Series. :)

New York isn't.

Boston isn't.

Atlanta isn't.

Blah isn't.

Not even Miami.

But I know who is going.

And that would be Houston.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

B)

That was actually pretty common back in the old days. How many of you know that the Cincinnati Reds were originally known as the Red Stockings? It was later shortened to its current name.

As to what the rest of the country...or the media...thinks of Houston in the Series? I am happy to report that I couldn't care less. Outside of the South Side, no one is having more fun than us right now. :P

I Was just glad we weren't as fan happy as starting riots, breaking windows, setting things on fire and overturning cars. I hear about fans getting too excited and doing stuff like that y'know?

I also heard the entire National League is going for Houston. (I hope so) :)

Ted Turner is probably mad b/c his beloved Atlanta Braves aren't there so he can air the games on TBS (and ruin our program)

NY is mad because Regis has nothing to talk about on his show

L.A. is mad b/c the celebs can't go to the world series in their own home games

Miami is mad (they have a team?) b/c where are the baseball players going to go clubbingafter the game? ;)

Boston is mad because well...they think they can do a repeater

Okay...I'll stop...but hey I'm happy Houston is in the limelight that's good NOT bad for a change.

Just PLEASE do NOT let our 7th inning stretch of the World Series involve contraversy!

;)

RedScare:

That was actually pretty common back in the old days. How many of you know that the Cincinnati Reds were originally known as the Red Stockings? It was later shortened to its current name.

That's unfortunate.

I wonder, if back in the 1930's, they had teams named after step-ins. The San Diego Step-Ins! Grrrr!

Houston Astros - that's a cool name. We're lucky to have decent names for all our professional sports here in Houston. Nothing named after a color or an article of clothing. I wish they would have continued the space theme with the Texans, somehow, but Texans is just fine (the name that is).

I wish they would have continued the space theme with the Texans, somehow, but Texans is just fine (the name that is).

I agree with keeping the space theme for the Texans. The name "Texan's" is the most unoriginal thing I've ever seen. I find naming a team after a state worse than a color. I'd rather them go back with "Oilers" - and I hate that name.

Archived