Linda Lorelle Leaves KPRC-TV

citykid09

2096452.jpg

Lorelle resigns as KPRC anchor after 16-year run

Her recent demotion brought community outcry

By MIKE MCDANIEL

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

KPRC-TV news anchor Linda Lorelle resigned her post late Friday, ending a 16-year career at the station.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...ro/3653440.html

2096452.jpg

Lorelle resigns as KPRC anchor after 16-year run

Her recent demotion brought community outcry

By MIKE MCDANIEL

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

KPRC-TV news anchor Linda Lorelle resigned her post late Friday, ending a 16-year career at the station.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...ro/3653440.html

I can see her becoming anchor of another news channel before the end of 2006. Something tells me this isn't the last you've heard from her. Best wishes to her :)

• 4 weeks later...

I hope she goes to ABC 13 and acts as a wedge between Dave Ward and Gina Gaston. Gaston is almost as annoying as Sachse. She does all of this fake laughing and then switches into angry mode telling us some other story. Completely not professional and just plain over-acting. Dave Ward is should also cut out the "before we go" strories and comedy act. The guy is square as they come so stick to it man.

I'd like to see a Lorelle and Ward team on 13.

Put Sachse and Gaston on KPRC so they can cater to the demo that likes gossip and stupidity presented as legitimate news.

Katie Couric had better not mess with Bob Schiefer's job! >:)

Bob is awesome and he is the only one I trust in national news these days. His comments on stories are always classy and have a bit of wit to them.

Couric as annoying as hell and needs to go. She is as almost bad as Harry Smith who CBS had to go dig up from a grave they put him in after the 1980s.

I'm glad Bryant Gumble left television and did not come back like Smith and his brother Greg Gumble.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad Bryant Gumble left television and did not come back like Smith and his brother Greg Gumble.

Bryant Gumble's had his own sports show on HBO going for at least 5 years now. Maybe longer. But though I don't agree with your posts, you're cracking me the hell up :lol:

My wife FINALLY stopped watching Ch 2. She loved it for years, but has made the switch to Ch 13.

Now that's a long road to recovery. My wife still watches. It kills me to walk in the room and find it on.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reggie Aqui left huh.

I felt like someone was missing I had not seen in a while of reporters at Channel 11.

I was sad to see Linda demoted at Channel 2 myself. I have seen her a lot. I remember the time even I saw her at the Astrodome at an Astros game

I used to watch channel 2 as well back in the days of Ron Stone, Jan Carson and Doug Johnson as the weather person.

I have not liked 13 with Dave Ward and Gina Gaston myself. I watched it more when Shara Fryer was in there. But she was soon gone and I assume it was her choice to etc there.

I know with CW39 I watch as well has Alan Hemburger who used to be with Channel 13 as well.

I was more of a Channel 11 person lately. With all the changes at 2 and more but still watch Frank's weather and such on Channel 2.

But I sure do hope they find somebody really good to Take Lisa Foronda's place at Channel 11.

I have been curious myself on what happened to Linda since she left

Reggie Aqui left huh.

I felt like someone was missing I had not seen in a while of reporters at Channel 11.

I was sad to see Linda demoted at Channel 2 myself. I have seen her a lot. I remember the time even I saw her at the Astrodome at an Astros game

I used to watch channel 2 as well back in the days of Ron Stone, Jan Carson and Doug Johnson as the weather person.

I have not liked 13 with Dave Ward and Gina Gaston myself. I watched it more when Shara Fryer was in there. But she was soon gone and I assume it was her choice to etc there.

I know with CW39 I watch as well has Alan Hemburger who used to be with Channel 13 as well.

I was more of a Channel 11 person lately. With all the changes at 2 and more but still watch Frank's weather and such on Channel 2.

But I sure do hope they find somebody really good to Take Lisa Foronda's place at Channel 11.

I have been curious myself on what happened to Linda since she left

Linda is freelancing with Ch 26 news.

I like Gina if the newscast is a little lighter, but if it's serious news I prefer Shara as well. I also liked it when Jan Carson was the coanchor with Dave Ward.

• 2 weeks later...
They evidently were going for a new look. Both her and Khambrel marshall were demoted. They had 3 anchors at night and have gone down to two so she wasn't replaced.

You could see the writing on the wall when they went to 3 anchors several years ago. Actually, i had a feeling that Dominique was going to move up because of her looks. I remember Shermin Chow was there before Dominique came on and all of sudden, Dominique takes her position as Anchor on weekends. Shermin then leaves for Channel 11. After that, the 3 anchor deal with Linda, Bill, and Dominique. I just knew that Linda's days were numbered. Channel 2 said that they had to do a shakeup because of ratings, so why not let go of Dominique and Bill. Might as well over-haul the whole crew cuz they stink. Now, we get old boring Jerome Gray who leaves KHOU which he was part of for so many years..hmmm...maybe another story in itself. I have to admit, Jennifer Reyna and Wendy Corona are hot.

Archived