BMC Software Westchase Campus

MidtownCoog

BMC Software plans to put their Houston Campus (Westchase) buildings and undeveloped adjacent property on the market

BMC will remain as a primary tenant on the campus.

BMC.jpg

----------

I like this campus and the buidlings add character to the West Belt.

Edited by MidtownCoog
  • Like 1

They did lay off a lot. But BMC appears to be focsued on its core business now and doing well. Good for them, and good for Houton.

BMC wanted to get out of the real estate business. I wonder when HP will start shopping parts of its campus?

Of coure Bindview (just bought by Symantic) and Net IQ (on West Loop, CA based) offer the same servies, but BMC is a Houston original.

I am rooting for BMC!

And yes, the corner of Briar Forest and BW is still ago. I heard dirt is moving, but I don't get out that way much anymore.

But I am not sure if that location is a good idea. Briar Forest under BW is getting nasty. Especially after school lets out.

They did lay off a lot. But BMC appears to be focsued on its core business now and doing well. Good for them, and good for Houton.

BMC wanted to get out of the real estate business. I wonder when HP will start shopping parts of its campus?

Of coure Bindview (just bought by Symantic) and Net IQ (on West Loop, CA based) offer the same servies, but BMC is a Houston original.

I am rooting for BMC!

And yes, the corner of Briar Forest and BW is still ago. I heard dirt is moving, but I don't get out that way much anymore.

But I am not sure if that location is a good idea. Briar Forest under BW is getting nasty. Especially after school lets out.

i thought HP campus was already sold (or in the process of...) to interfin for some monstrous development. i could be wrong, but thought i read that in another forum. they even had a link to some houston business journal article. just found it .. here's the link: interfin heads to suburbs for piece of hp.

i used to live in west houston (not far from bmc) and always thought it was a bright spot on an otherwise boring landscape filled with boring houses and boring tollgates. when i could see it, i always knew i was close to home. kinda like the millenium tower coming from the opposite direction. both buildings signaled my exit (westheimer) was near.

Edited by houstonmacbro

I agree, and also wonder if the new strip center will send a strong enough wave of affluency to buck the "commercial funk" that is Wilcrest @ Briar Forest? That intersection is proof that just a few apartment complexes can easily defeat 3 established neighborhoods & a country club.

The RDA had a meeting and tour at BMC about ten years ago. The BMC guide said they designed and built the campus with the intention of selling it.

The shopping center is well under construction. The steel framing is about complete. It looks like the light spires theme on the spec office building located just behind the center will be repeated on the center as there are five or six pieces of steel thrusting skyward from the center front edge of the building. From the list of proposed tenants, it seems like it will be fairly typical.

• 3 weeks later...
I did hear they sold CCA15, which is the large building near Louetta.

That campus was a designated Texas Wildlife area. A really neat place. And walking the spine was cool.

HP recently sold off a large amount of land on the east side of 249. Compaq/HP never developed on that land and it is prime real estate with the building growth going on in that area.

CCA14/15 are the taller more visible buildings from 249. They are rumored to be up for lease in the next 12-18 months. So far nothing is different as many HP employees still occupy that space.

The campus is certainly not up for sale as previously mentioned.

mouseover1_1.jpg

BTW, this is my first post. Hello!

Edited by Mr. Chenevert

• The title was changed to BMC Software Westchase Campus