Midnight Square - 1901 N. Main St.

hindesky

• The title was changed to Midnight Square - 1901 N. Main St.
On 7/15/2022 at 3:35 PM, hindesky said:

Cars are gone, drums of spent waste and a core drilling truck is on site. Asked the supervisor if he knew what might be built and said he heard parking garage.

Y5PE6dH.jpg

78qMUW0.jpg

What possible value could a parking garage bring to that area? There's hardly a demand for parking, and putting that up in a prime intersection would just reduce the need for future parking by removing valuable retail space.

Hopefully it's just a parking garage under a mixed use building. More likely, multi-family residential though, because Hardy Yards.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 11:46 AM, Kinglyam said:

Looks like it's these guys. They have a rather broad portfolio of developments, but at least a parking garage isn't amongst them.

Developments — Scarlet (scarletcapital.com)

The Scarlet used Estudio for two of the small apartment projects in the East End they have on the boards. I thought I recognized them, I created a couple topics about them a while back.

https://www.estudiogroup.com/en/projects

Yes, I think the near Northside is going to be the next area with lots of projects. Land is cheaper than most other places being gentrified. You have this project, White Oak apartments by Marquette, Hardy Yards, Cygne apartments, and Bad Astronaut all going up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

By that same logic we should have a Washington Corridor forum, and yet...

It's on the big list of things that I'm considering.  The great big list.  The great big enormous too-huge-to-handle list of things to consider.

I'm putting out big fires before I get to the smaller ones.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Are there renderings for this?

I believe the proposed plat passed at the last Planning meeting. I talked with a guy on Sunday who was parked in the lot. He seemed to be part of a mural artist group of guys, he didn't have any info. Scarlet owns the two buildings across the street and Midnight Square. Anxious to see what the actual plans are going to be.

North Main Art Studios and North Main Art Studios 2

https://www.scarletcapital.com/developments/north-main-artist-studios

https://www.scarletcapital.com/developments/north-main-art-studios-2

https://www.scarletcapital.com/developments

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
38 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I just saw the plans Scarlett Capital has for the Jack In the Box on Navigation.

Dominos is going in between the Jack in the Box and the Family Dollar, it's not replacing anything. 3 choices for cheap eats.🍔🍕🥫

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 9:02 AM, hindesky said:

Scarlett Capital * Excited this property.

6Z7DYZu.png

p1O29fg.png

ocd2NCK.png

On 5/16/2023 at 1:50 PM, Kinglyam said:

Oh, for crying out loud. Houston just keeps teasing with interesting stuff, and then throwing the most boring crap on empty lots. Another freaking storage place.

Self Storage | Keeley Properties

I'm not a fan of storage facilities, especially mutli-story ones. However, with an increase in this area's housing density, it may be needed.

Perhaps a rendering of the Best Box Storage planned for 1901 N Main St / 1901 North Main St will become available soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 1:00 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm not a fan of storage facilities, especially mutli-story ones. However, with an increase in this area's housing density, it may be needed.

Perhaps a rendering of the Best Box Storage planned for 1901 N Main St / 1901 North Main St will become available soon.

Agreed but not at such a good corner. Storage can go elsewhere but being right on the rail, this could have been something greater.

• Like 5