Booming Land Of Pears

WestGrayGuy

I'm looking into moving into Shadow Creek. Could someone tell me if there is a Starbucks in the 518/288 area? I imagine there must be one going in at one of these new shopping centers on the west side.

Is there any asian food to be found in this area?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking into moving into Shadow Creek. Could someone tell me if there is a Starbucks in the 518/288 area? I imagine there must be one going in at one of these new shopping centers on the west side.

Of course there is a Starbucks! It's east of 288 along 518. I think it's along 518 in front of Kohl's. Maybe a half mile from 288.

There are a few Vietamese restaurants along 518 E of 288 but I've never been. There are ZERO restaurants of any type in the SCR development area west of 288... currently. I don't know what will all be built (besides La Madeline) but there will be several on the SCR side within a year, I would guess. Construction has started at the Spectrum project, the Pearland Town Center on the NW corner of 518/288, and all along 2234 on the north edge of SCR.

Of course there is a Starbucks! It's east of 288 along 518. I think it's along 518 in front of Kohl's. Maybe a half mile from 288.

There are a few Vietamese restaurants along 518 E of 288 but I've never been. There are ZERO restaurants of any type in the SCR development area west of 288... currently. I don't know what will all be built (besides La Madeline) but there will be several on the SCR side within a year, I would guess. Construction has started at the Spectrum project, the Pearland Town Center on the NW corner of 518/288, and all along 2234 on the north edge of SCR.

Inside Target there is another Starbucks too. The other starbucks is probably a quarter of a mile from 288.

Little Miyako in the Silverlake Shopping center is pretty good.

There are some other Sushi & Vietnamese decent places in the area, but for sure the best is still to come with all the new developments.

Starbucks -- asked and answered. For Asian, there are at least two pho places and an "Indian Fusion" place in Silverlake and a new Tokyo Bowl sushi place a little farther east down 518. Moving even farther east are a couple of very good Asian places: Pearl Dynasty in the Kroger center at Cullen and Thanh Phuong across the street from the Kroger at Barry Rose.

Marty

Starbucks -- asked and answered. For Asian, there are at least two pho places and an "Indian Fusion" place in Silverlake and a new Tokyo Bowl sushi place a little farther east down 518. Moving even farther east are a couple of very good Asian places: Pearl Dynasty in the Kroger center at Cullen and Thanh Phuong across the street from the Kroger at Barry Rose.

Marty

Pearl Dynasty is good... but they don't deliver to SCR. I really like their eggrolls. Some of the best I've had.

Thinking about it, who DOES deliver to SCR? Seeing as there are currently no restaurants over there. Sometimes I just feel lazy.

Thanks for all the replies and info.

Any areas of Pearland that flood?

Heard a rumor that y'all could confirm or dispel. Someone mentioned to me that they thought the Silverlakes neighborhood doesn't take care of its retention pond/lake areas very well. After all the lots were sold, the developers didn't really care about those public community areas, and they have been neglected since then. Anyone find that to be true?

Pearl Dynasty is good... but they don't deliver to SCR. I really like their eggrolls. Some of the best I've had.

Thinking about it, who DOES deliver to SCR? Seeing as there are currently no restaurants over there. Sometimes I just feel lazy.

Silverlake Hunan delivers to SCR after 3. They have some good dishes and some not so good dishes, so fair warning. NY Pizzeria also delivers and I've never had a problem with them.

I also like Little Mayako but I'm not sure if they deliver to SCR. Kappa (near Indian Fusion) is also pretty good.

Thanks for all the replies and info.

Any areas of Pearland that flood?

Heard a rumor that y'all could confirm or dispel. Someone mentioned to me that they thought the Silverlakes neighborhood doesn't take care of its retention pond/lake areas very well. After all the lots were sold, the developers didn't really care about those public community areas, and they have been neglected since then. Anyone find that to be true?

Hi Skintrade-

I live in Silverlake. First of all Silverlake has never flooded. As far at the retention pond goes I'm not sure what type of care those need but I haven't seen or heard anything that caused pause for me. The parks and lakes in Silverlake all look fine to me but they are in the process of getting some updates. What I don't like is the golf course area but that's privately owned. They have done a better job of late at keeping up the facilities and have even added a small fitness club. BUt take a drive through the neighborhood and judge for yourself. It is well kept.

There are some issues with the homeowners association because it is still under the control of the board and management company appointed by the developer. So there are some things the neighborhood would like to get done or see changed in a more timely fashion. I suspect that those will no longer be issues within the next few months, once the homeowners take over.

One thing that you should keep in mind as well is that all of the neighborhoods in and around Silverlake are not acutally Silverlake neigborhoods. So some of the issues you may have heard about may be with "Silverlake" but some may be with the adjoining neighborhoods under different HOAs.

I will say that it is a tight-knit community with a ton of young families. I don't know if you have kids but both elementarys in the neighborhood are excellent. One is rated recognized and the other is rated exemplary. Me and my neighbors love it.

And by the way, as far as Asian Restaurants, off the top of my head I can think of Tokyo Bowl, Pearl Dynasty, Kung Fu Cafe, Silverlake Hunan and Kappa Japanese.

• 2 months later...
I heard today that Pearland would be getting both a 24-hour fitness and a LA Fitness. The 24-hour fitness is on 518 and Miller Ranch Rd. I've seen work in that location but I didn't realize that it was going to be a 24-hour fitness. If you don't know Miller Ranch Road is just pass the Silverlake Randalls off of 518. The LA Fitness is apparently going to be at the NW Corner of 518 and 288.

I heard there will be an "ANYTIME FITNESS" coming in February 2007 on Pearland Parkway, just outside the Lakes of Highland Glen. I went to one of these gyms in San Antonio and it is the best thing I have seen so far (they are all over the place in San Antonio). You get a card or keychain that lets you in the gym 24/7/365, the one I toured in San Antonio had security cameras all over the place and panic button necklaces that you can wear if you are working out after hours. You just push the button and the police are notified immediatley. But Kelly, the owner of the gym in San Antonio, said there are something like 300 of these gyms around the country and there has NEVER been any incidents! They had the newest state-of-the art fitness equipment and tanning beds, too. And the same card or keychain operates everything, the doors, the tanning beds, and even the vending machines (so you don't ever have to carry change or your wallet to the gym). You just swipe your keychain at the vending machine and get whatever you want, the dollar or whatever just automatically goes to your account. I have never seen anything like it, I can't wait until they open!

Archived