hindesky

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

The house at the corner of Francis St. and San Jacinto St. is boarded up.

Love those windows, and I imagine that the interior might contain some solid woodwork, fixtures, and hardwood floors.
Seems unlikely that any effort will be made to salvage anything.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

Love those windows, and I imagine that the interior might contain some solid woodwork, fixtures, and hardwood floors.
Seems unlikely that any effort will be made to salvage anything.

The windows are beautiful.  Makes me think of all the kerfluffle that went around about old windows when the Heights historic district was established. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Rosemary's Place At 3300 Caroline St.

"A new affordable housing property called Rosemary's Place apartments will soon be under construction in Midtown. The development, located at 3300 Caroline St., Houston, will provide 149 units and services for homeless individuals in the city.

Ground will break on the project Feb. 1."

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/development/2023/01/30/construction-in-midtown-set-to-begin-on-45m-project-to-house-149-homeless-houstonians/

• Like 3

"A 149-unit development that will provide affordable housing for unhoused people broke ground this week in Midtown. The $45 million complex, being developed by the nonprofit NHP Foundation, is expected to open in May of 2024."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/housing/article/affordable-housing-rosemarys-place-nhp-homeless-17759438.php

• Like 5